[OFFICIAL Support Thread] PLO Ranger - Preflop hand strength analysis for PLO on PokerStars

• DonMB
      DonMB
      Headadmin
      Headadmin

Category: PLO hand analysis tool for PokerStars
      3 days free to try: Download now
      More Information: Click here

What is PLO Ranger?

PLO Ranger is a simple and lightweight preflop tool that helps you to determine your hand strength in PLO games on PokerStars. It is a perfect tool for beginners who are struggling to evaluate their hand strength quick enough. As an addon, you can use up to 6 customizable colour codes for different ranking intervals. It is officially allowed by PokerStars and also supports 5 card PLO.

Preflop evaluation by PLO Ranger in PLO Hi/Lo

Forum Support

Username: PLORanger
      Role: Support
  • 74 replies
    • PLORanger
      PLORanger
      Gold
      Hello from us as well.

We will keep updating this thread also for all the coming updates, and there will be quite a few in the coming weeks.
    • DonMB
      DonMB
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Now also supports 5 Card PLO
    • aspirine123
      aspirine123
      Black
      Is it shows hand strength based only on preflop equity?
    • PLORanger
      PLORanger
      Gold
      Yes, it shows your mathematical hand strength, which is applicable to preflop situations.

Simplest output is, you can be sure that if you're playing e.g 14% VPIP from the UTG, you have the top 14% mathematically.
    • aspirine123
      aspirine123
      Black
      Originally posted by PLORanger
      Simplest output is, you can be sure that if you're playing e.g 14% VPIP from the UTG, you have the top 14% mathematically.
      You probably never played PLO, if you say so. You have to think about playability, when you build preflop range. If you will play 14% from UTG only based on equity vs random hand, than you will loose a lot of money very quickly. For example AsAhAc2d is on top 14% of hands based on preflop equity vs random hand, JsTs8h9h is on top 17% of hands. But nobody plays first hand in 14% range (only in some very specific situations with short stack) and everyone plays second hand probably even in 5% range. So I have to say that this software is not only useless, but harmful for beginners.
    • PLORanger
      PLORanger
      Gold
      Originally posted by aspirine123
      You probably never played PLO, if you say so. You have to think about playability, when you build preflop range. If you will play 14% from UTG only based on equity vs random hand, than you will loose a lot of money very quickly. For example AsAhAc2d is on top 14% of hands based on preflop equity vs random hand, JsTs8h9h is on top 17% of hands. But nobody plays first hand in 14% range (only in some very specific situations with short stack) and everyone plays second hand probably even in 5% range. So I have to say that this software is not only useless, but harmful for beginners.
      14% was an example.
    • CryDevil
      CryDevil
      Bronze
      whether it is possible to buy your software with the help of money on pokerstrategy?
    • PLORanger
      PLORanger
      Gold
      Originally posted by CryDevil
      whether it is possible to buy your software with the help of money on pokerstrategy?
      Hi, we don't have that option by default. We will however try to work something out and let you know if it could be available.
    • nesterzhzhot
      nesterzhzhot
      Bronze
      hi, when this programm is running, I can t move tables, close them and tipe bets. how to fix?
    • PLORanger
      PLORanger
      Gold
      Originally posted by nesterzhzhot
      hi, when this programm is running, I can t move tables, close them and tipe bets. how to fix?
      Hello,

Please send us your skype username to support @ ploranger.com, we've seen this thing once before, we can address it directly with some effort.

It's a known bug, but currently we are looking for a universal fix. Meanwhile, this could be solved for you :)
    • aserhiy
      aserhiy
      Bronze
      Hi! Why I can not open file that I had downloaded to instal this program? (Nothing is happening).
    • PLORanger
      PLORanger
      Gold
      Originally posted by aserhiy
      Hi! Why I can not open file that I had downloaded to instal this program? (Nothing is happening).
      Hi, please use Java version 1.7 and above. If this does not resolve the issue, then please send us your skype name to support@ploranger.com
    • PLORanger
      PLORanger
      Gold
      Hello,

We spoke with Pokerstrategy and unfortunately not. Please use PayPal.
    • CryDevil
      CryDevil
      Bronze
      What has the bonus code ? For what it is ?
    • Mahjas
      Mahjas
      Bronze
      Has anyone tryed already, any good (bad) opinion from plo players?
    • PLORanger
      PLORanger
      Gold
      What has the bonus code ? For what it is ?
      Hello,

We have a discount for 13-14 october purchases:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/pokerstrategy/Get-30-off-when-you-buy-PLO-Ranger!_87497/
    • PLORanger
      PLORanger
      Gold
      Originally posted by Mahjas
      Has anyone tryed already, any good (bad) opinion from plo players?
      We encourage people who've tried it to share their experiences here as well :)
    • PLORanger
      PLORanger
      Gold
      Our "avatar" should be more easily distinguishable now :)
    • HighFly87
      HighFly87
      Silver
      Find it usefull in HT sng NL Omaha H/L. And i think it will be usefull for most MTT and SNG players where spectors can be very wide. But i also should agree with aspirine123, in cash it could mislead in a lot of situations.

I might add that there should be more methods to purchase PLOranger, because many people and me itself do not use PayPal and won't start only for buying PLOranger.
      As for me, and I believe for many other Russians, the best variant is Webmoney.