MagicBalls Omaha HUsng

• PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze
      Hi all its me again some may know me for being degen others for being bad poker player, quitter. Well I keep coming back fore more beatings :f_biggrin:

Most successful blog of all time in history of blogging Climb to low stakes? Why not?!

So whats the challenge? PLO!!!

1. Play 10k hands on plo2 zoom with knowledge I already have
      2. Study "Skodljivec's School of PLO"
      3. Play 20k hands on PLO5
      3.1 Post cap of hands in evaluation thread
      4. Study "Trouble Spot Analysis"
      5. Play 30k hands on PLO10 (if rolled)
      5.1 Post cap of hands in evaluation thread
      6. All other videos
      7. Play 30k hands on PLO25 (if rolled)
      8. End of challenge

Lets see how much can I(not talented for studying/playing) really learn from skodljivec videos :)
  • 54 replies
    • PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze
      Found an other blog of mine I forgot about No magic No balls just PLO :f_biggrin:
    • PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze
      So phase 1 is over I just dont see any reason to play 4k more hands so see the obvious.
      I always was around 20bb/100 looser in omaha tho.
      Need to work a lot on post flop game, raise positional awareness etc.

STATS for those 5700 hands; stats in red obv. showing post flop weakness
      VPIP 24
      PRF 17
      3b 8.9
      FOLD 3b 23
      Cb flop 55
      FOLD Cb flop 49
      Cb turn (double barrel) 64
      Steal 29 Fsteal 64
      WTSD 32
      W$SD 46

Talk to you later when phase 2 is over.
    • PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze
      Phase 2 in progress

• PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze
      Joined Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now! to get some extra motivation. Set my goal to 1250$... in other words that fit to my challenge I wan to get skilled enough to play/beat PLO25. Goal for this whole challenge is to play PLO50 profitably= dreams come true!
    • PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze
      Turn is sooooo complex :f_ugly: and I was playing it sooooo wrong :facepalm:

Tomorrow (omfg wrote that word wrong like 20 times until I googled it and find out it has duble r not m or o or second o
      :rage: ) I will complete phase 2 with river and blinds play probably going to re-view turn play basics :f_rolleyes:

and editing same stuff 3 times :facepalm:

:heart:
    • PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze
      So first day of playing after learning. Made ton of mistakes but was playing better than before and i think i already have post flop edge vs PLO5 guys.

ugly ev line inside

• PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze
      "edge" :f_ugly: :facepalm: :rage:

Made final table :s_ugly: micro millions training :coolface:

I can play this game but results are pointing out that I lie to myself. Those mountains are pissing me off :facepalm: It seems like I am playing good but cant stop playing until i loose it all back...
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Originally posted by PmagicLchocoOballs
      Made final table :s_ugly:
      Only to finish in 9th... you got so unlucky :f_frown:
      Hide opponents' names and the tournament number too :f_wink:
    • PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze
      Yeah I know it can easily be tracked :D hunt me at plo5 zoom :f_biggrin: and yes 190$ would be nice but for first final table I dont care much :f_biggrin:

vs 82/32

Poker Stars $3.00+$0.30 Pot Limit Omaha Hi Tournament - t2000/t4000 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 2599665
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: t227763 56.94 BBs
      UTG: t212319 53.08 BBs
      UTG+1: t53624 13.41 BBs
      UTG+2: t82744 20.69 BBs
      MP1: t40046 10.01 BBs
      Hero (MP2): t52303 13.08 BBs
      CO: t80506 20.13 BBs
      BTN: t111338 27.83 BBs
      SB: t90357 22.59 BBs

Pre Flop: (t6000) Hero is MP2 with K :diamond: J :heart: Q :heart: J :club:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t8000, 2 folds, Hero raises to t20000, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls t12000

Flop: (t46000) 7 :spade: 2 :spade: 3 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets t33624 all in, Hero calls t32303 all in

Turn: (t110606) 2 :diamond: (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t110606) 8 :club: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t110606
      UTG+1 shows K :spade: K :heart: T :heart: Q :spade: (two pair, Kings and Deuces)
      Hero shows K :diamond: J :heart: Q :heart: J :club: (two pair, Jacks and Deuces)
      UTG+1 wins t110606

• PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze

• PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze
      Phase 4
      Trouble Spot Analysis: Away From The Table
      Trouble Spot Analysis: Preflop Trouble
      Trouble Spot Analysis: Attacking the Flop
      Trouble Spot Analysis: Donk Bets
      Trouble Spot Analysis: Unusual 4-Bet Pots
      Trouble Spot Analysis: Defending vs 3-bets
      Trouble Spot Analysis: AAxx in 3-Bet Pots
      Trouble Spot Analysis: Blind Defence
      Trouble Spot Analysis: 3-betting without AA or KK

will also play few hands + do HM review in phase 4 and not going to plo10 in phase 5.

• PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze
      tilted at the end 2 or 3 stacks probably because playing to long tired stupid fuck this shit. Not playing single hand tomorrow.

What do you guys think about stop win of about 4BI? I will probably try it.

• AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Gold
      In my opinion (living just from poker for 3 years and counting), having a stop win is a terrible idea which will greatly limit your volume and profit potential. A better idea would be to play shorter sessions, for as long as you can stay focused on playing good, and gradually increase their length with 10% more hands a session every week or so.

Another good idea if you have tilting problems (which you seem to do) is to only stop playing and not achieve your target volume if you hit a stop-loss limit which you set for yourself or if you feel bored/tilted while playing.

Another aspect I am noticing that might be causing you a lot of problems is that you seem to be playing a lot more than 3k hands of PLO a day while you are still studying the game. That will destroy your productivity and winrate. You should not make a habit out of playing more than 5 hours a day or playing too many tables for your knowledge level. This will take away your focus, you will get bored with the game and you will burn yourself out and be too tired to play (unable to focus on the game or simple things in your life, like forgetting what somebody said to you 5 seconds ago).

I hope you will find my experience useful for yourself. I don't mean to criticize you, I mean to help you improve your work ethic. The fact that you play so much suggests that you are passionate about the game and you are eager to earn big money, which are at the foundation of every winning player. All you're missing is a little guidance and more emotional control.

Best of luck to you!
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      I agree with every word of the previous post :f_thumbsup:
    • PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlphaVillain
      In my opinion (living just from poker for 3 years and counting), having a stop win is a terrible idea which will greatly limit your volume and profit potential. A better idea would be to play shorter sessions, for as long as you can stay focused on playing good, and gradually increase their length with 10% more hands a session every week or so.

Another good idea if you have tilting problems (which you seem to do) is to only stop playing and not achieve your target volume if you hit a stop-loss limit which you set for yourself or if you feel bored/tilted while playing.

Actually did this last session eventually hit stop loss and then start tilting because I hit stop loss instead of closing tables :facepalm: But I agree this is great way to avoid burning money and will use it in future(the right way)

Another aspect I am noticing that might be causing you a lot of problems is that you seem to be playing a lot more than 3k hands of PLO a day while you are still studying the game. That will destroy your productivity and winrate. You should not make a habit out of playing more than 5 hours a day or playing too many tables for your knowledge level. This will take away your focus, you will get bored with the game and you will burn yourself out and be too tired to play (unable to focus on the game or simple things in your life, like forgetting what somebody said to you 5 seconds ago).

I hope you will find my experience useful for yourself. I don't mean to criticize you, I mean to help you improve your work ethic. The fact that you play so much suggests that you are passionate about the game and you are eager to earn big money, which are at the foundation of every winning player. All you're missing is a little guidance and more emotional control.

Best of luck to you!
      Thanks for this ultra solid input AlphaVillain I appreciate it a lot!
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Gold
      You are welcome!

I just realized that I should add 2 more points:

1. I don't know what your current stop-loss is, but for PLO it should be 7-10 buy-ins and you should be having at least 50 buy-ins for the limit that you are playing. The bigger your bankroll (measured in buy-ins), the less reasons to tilt because the bigger it is, the smaller the percentage you lose from it in a downswing.

2. There is no downswing. There is no upswing. There is only the current hand. Upswings and downswings are just a product of our imagination (and a product of pokertracker's or hold'em manager's rendered graphs). Once you stop thinking about them, they cease to exist. One of the best things you can do about your poker career is stop looking at the cashier/graphs. Only check them one predefined day every week. If you can follow this advice, you won't even need a stop-loss. I recently had a very big downswing in NLHE cash games in a single day and, by the end of the day, I recovered everything. If I had a stop-loss or if I realized how much I was down that day, I'd have never recovered the money. Stop wasting your concentration on results and start focusing on solid gameplay instead.

To remove temptation to look at your graphs, configure all of your pokertracker or hold'em manager tabs to not show any stats about your winrate (or total profit/loss, of course) except a single tab that you will never open until the day you are supposed to. This way, you can still review your stats without seeing your results.

I also strongly advise you to read "The mental game of poker" by Jared Tendler. I also hear Jeff Hwang's 4 Omaha books are some of the best on the subject.
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Hi,

redline should be terrible at the micros imo :D If you have a good redline means you are doing something wrong, because people just don't fold a lot and bet when they have it. So a good redline usually means you are bluffing too much and not folding nearly enough.

Regards,

Skod
    • PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze
      @ AlphaVillain
      "Stop wasting your concentration on results and start focusing on solid gameplay instead."

I have been trying not to be result oriented because being result oriented on micros is just useless and I am aware of this but dunno for some reason there is always that profits profits profits sound deep in my mind but it gets even more strange because sometimes I make calls/raises where I am literally burning the money and I am aware of it such irony.

Not looking at graphs/winnings when i play is on my list of to do things and removing my own hud also dunno why but sometimes I just play for stats :facepalm:

@ Skodljivec

that AIev line worries me the most. I must be missing something in game theory :f_confused:
    • PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze
      Laptop died today well battery did and charger and connector between charger and battery or some shit like that :rage: Also got caught driving trough double full line :facepalm: taught I will loose my driving licence DIDNT HAPPEN :megusta:

some real life crap inside + crap about hating media(u should check this out)
      I feel bad today not because of poker but other stuff like UNI. Damn I hate school so much I just cant be trapped in this system but what the hell am I going to do without it? I hate normal job also especially for 600€(if u get lucky). Playing poker for living? Chance for this is so small I dont even want to count it as back-up plan. Guess I am trapped at least I feel that way. Worst feeling possible at 4AM when there is only you and your mind.

+ i hate media --> in medieval times (horses, castles, swords and shit like this) beggars where travelling form castle to castle and giving info. MOSTLY LIES(better the story better the food(€€€ today) to villagers about life in other parts of the world... Dragon burned village to the ground and ate all the animals, people and such horse shit. And from beggars media evolved fucking cunts have such power now you cant even imagine. Had to write this down somewhere