Clear & positive thinking and I should be able to do some bankroll building

• danyseful
      danyseful
      Bronze
      Hello guys, my name is Daniel and I am currently aiming to boost my bankroll and my confidence&skill levels with this blog, thus I hereby opt in for the Get Rich or Die Trying: The Bankroll Challenge.

Short resumee, I am playing poker for about 1 year and a half, about 90% cash games, been mixing it up between sh and fr, highest limit played would de 50nl.I am currently winning 8bb/100 at 20nl (big sample size) and kinda breaking even on 16k hs sample size at 50nl.I kinda ran back and forth on the higher limit so I have decided to go on and quit playing it atm and focus on bankroll building and studying more. Always been kinda affected by severe runs ( either good or bad) especially because my main income source are the winnings from poker.

Main goals for the long run would be :

*growing my bankroll from 500$ to 3k$ and going from there
      *daily study of one video produced by SplitSuit
      *playing at least 50k hs every month
      *analysing the most difficult spots of the day and posting some hands as often as possible
      *taking some time every day to meditate and clearing my mind of any bad thoughts/tilt etc.
      *eat healthy and exercise
      *reach 100nl and settle there

I am still debating on going up into the next limit at 25 or 30 buy-ins, but it will mostly depend on the run at that moment, my state of mind, ability to play my best game etc.

GL!
  • 11 replies
    • danyseful
      danyseful
      Bronze
      Hand of the day:

http://weaktight.com/7083669

Villain plays kinda strange, deffinetly on the fishy side, 23/11/3bet 4/ 4bet 15% 4bet range 3/wtsd27/raise cbet 3bet pot 30(10)/ tot agg 1.6 // 1.2k hs

When he decides to cc my 3bet I think his range would kinda consist in some pp(88-JJ) and some strong broadways.After reviewing the hand I think just calling otf makes much more sense here because he also follows ott w the aggresion and would like him to bluff all of his stack w basically all his range. Shoving doesn't really accomplish that much here since he will fold all his bluffs and continue with a very strong portion of his range. Really sloppy play here from me unfortunately :f_mad:
    • 4s4s4s
      4s4s4s
      Bronze
      Good blog. Why you chose SplitSuit?
    • danyseful
      danyseful
      Bronze
      Ty very much 4sx3:D I chose SplitSuit because I really like the way that he approaches teaching poker, always very detailed and methodical.He also has a ton of educational vids and I think it is super +++EV to just go trough them all and try to understand some key concepts, especially when trying to climb the ladder :f_cool:

I am currently facing a very nasty 35k hs downswing (worst I've had so far), running &playing really bad but I am trying to do my bst to keep up with studying and playing and not spew too much. This is the time when I am really really being put to the test and my understanding on the theoretical and mental game is stretched to it's max.

http://weaktight.com/7085754

Here's a hand that I have plaed really instictively without even thinking on my opp range. He seems to be a reg, 260 hs on him atm, playing 26/20/10 3bet/agg 2.7 and ftcbet f/t/r are 55/50/100. He steals like 45% from the Bu so I think it is ok to 3bet here and try to punish that. OTF cbet is kinda mandatory even if I dont have any eq because I don't really see myslef winning this hand in any other way.I can make him throw away prolly some PP, Jx, Kx, mb even Ax type of hands so I think it is ok.
      OTT I think his sizing looks like pure value here and I should fold I guess :f_confused: As played I decided to donk shove OTR bc the board got like super nasty and I can't see that many combos calling me here, as I really kinda rep some flushes, fh .

But all in all screwed it up big time OTT and would like to know if at least I am correct with shoving this river card. TY!
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      Hi!
      I am in very same challenge,s decided to check other guys blog, to see how you been doing.
      About 9Ts hand you posted .
      I think play preflop and flop is fine.
      About turn.
      Not sure wether he is betting a lot of worst hands than yours .If you consider hes preflop calling range you will see that its consructed mostly of midllish pps(77-JJ) and suited broadways. So when he call flop we can write some of these off and we reamin with lot of Qx hands and draws which also have decent equity vs us.
      So I think folding flop would be better play here.
      given the fact that you palyed turn as you did I think shoving river is great play.
      couse except ATdd,AJdd he doesnt have many flush draws in hes range.
      So betting yourself otf will make him fold best hand most of the time and we get money.
      So I say river is good play
      Can you tell me more about SplitSuite dude?
      Where does he teach ?

Keep up good work and I will follow your challnge .
      Cheers
    • danyseful
      danyseful
      Bronze
      @oskrgy I'm off till Monday from poker - little vacation:D - but will be back with a post regarding SplitSuit, my poker in general etc. Thx for the feedback.
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      Ty man.
      I reliased my previous post was bit a mess, due to mistakes in editing, so I re edit it now.
      hopefully makes more sense on what I wanted to say.

Cheers
    • danyseful
      danyseful
      Bronze
      Ok so a bit late, but as promissed I am back from the short break and will give you guys some feedback.

1st things 1st, the bad karma currently haunting me at cash games was porlly in vacation when I won a small field 4$ mtt on Thursday, for about 200$. So i decided to take a vacation of my own and visit my parents, eat & drink like a pig and fuel up for this challenge.
      Also I am really glad that there are no more disc/payment problems whatsoever on 888 so I can restart my work in optimal conditions, great effort by their team in resolving the issue asap.

About SplitSpuit, not sure if many of you know but he has a channel on youtube with FREE priceless poker videos.Never talked to him or anything like that but he is my fav just because he explains everything from top to bottom (or vice versa:D ) and also I would like to try and implement his thought process in my learning process. I'll leave a link here whereyou can find the vids, hopefully it's not forbigen or anything:

https://www.youtube.com/user/thepokerbank

Also, if someone can help me with posting hands, I tried with thehanconverter.com and pokerstrategy's own converter and both say hand format not recognised :f_ugly: For sure I am doing smth wrong as I was posting hands regullary in the past, and never encountered this error.

Also mannaged to win against some cheezy Masters League protoss in SC II which makes me, the humble diamond player go like :pokerface: :pokerface: Keep em coming!!! :s_evil:

This is the graph for this month, I am positive in BB but loosing money atm, but things will change soon, I promise :pokerface:

BR now up to 682.40$ gogogo :f_thumbsup:
    • danyseful
      danyseful
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Holdem
      9 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Player10 ($3.70) 19bb
      UTG+1 Player1 ($29.23) 146bb
      MP1 Player2 ($32.10) 161bb
      MP2 Player3 ($23.83) 119bb
      MP3 Player4 ($23.16) 116bb
      CO danyseful ($24.62) 123bb
      BTN Player6 ($20.53) 103bb
      SB Player7 ($11.91) 60bb
      BB Player9 ($21.15) 106bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 9 players) danyseful is CO K:club: A:diamond:
      Player10 calls $0.20, 1 fold, Player2 raises to $0.40, 2 folds, danyseful raises to $1.40, Player6 calls $1.40, 2 folds, Player10 calls $1.20, Player2 calls $1

Flop: Q:club: A:heart: 8:diamond: ($5.90, 4 players)
      Player10 checks, Player2 checks, danyseful bets $2.15, Player6 calls $2.15, Player10 folds, Player2 folds

Turn: 4:spade: ($10.20, 2 players)
      danyseful checks, Player6 checks

River: J:club: ($10.20, 2 players)
      danyseful bets $1, Player6 raises to $4.20, danyseful folds

Final Pot: $12.20

Player6 wins $17.99 (net +$10.24)

Player2 lost $1.40
      danyseful lost $4.55
      Player10 lost $1.40

Ok so 1st things 1st, player 2 is a fish, other guy seems kinda semifishy (player 6) and not really :f_confused: , playing 15/10 on 450hs, 3bet of 2% and no sample on his 4bet...When he cc my 3bet preflop, I guess he kinda has smth like TT+ and some strong broadways that he isn;t really confortable to get it in pre, but still likes to play them postflop.I cbet the flop just for some value & protection, can;t see myslef checking here and give a free card. OTT I believe there is not much to get value from, so decided to pot control, and OTR I just wish to get some thin value but really don't see like anything calling me here...just ch/f would have been good enough? or bet ott and ch/f otr?

• danyseful
      danyseful
      Bronze
      Unfortunately for the poker activity, I will be off this weekend aswell, because it's time for DreamHack Masters Bucharest 2014!!! Happy Nerd Times:D :f_thumbsup: Will be back on Monday, GL!
    • danyseful
      danyseful
      Bronze
      Skipped updates for a while here because I was kinda preocuppied with this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWbxkoe1w0g

Lately I have had some major setbacks in my poker activity that made me feel not that certain if I am really up to this, if I really love what I'm doing, if I work hard enough or efficient enough, if I really really want to succed or I am just faking it for the sake of the situation. Seems to me I have turned into a stupid machine that thinks only about itself, money addicted and super super results oriented... I am going to abuse the word really, because I am really disappointed with myself... I started playing working my ass out for about 8,9,10 hours/ day every day, and now I am just complaining for playing 4 hours and doing so little study off the tables.

I am a shadow of the ambitious guy I was say last year, and I want this to change, and I will do it no matter what. I was even so so lazy to take 10 mins to update this blog, was obv too lazy to spare like 1h and a half to go to the gym an exercise and I realised i had to take a stand for it.

Started gym 3 days ago, today finally decided to update the blog, I have my goals set, I know what I must do. Also will start a daily hand written journal where I am going to sum up all my daily feelings, regrets, succeses, fears, accomplishments etc.

Would really really appreciate you guys sharing with me this :how do you handle these periods of half-heartedness??because literally it kills me on the inside to feel so unfulfilled time and time and time again and not being motivated enough to do smth about that.

picture upload

This month so far, obvoiulsy can tell I am in a very bad shape pokerwise, but that will slowly but surely start to change, this I promise to myself...Can't be that idiot not to succed eventually.
    • danyseful
      danyseful
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      9 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Player6 ($81.29) 163bb
      UTG+1 Player7 ($50) 100bb
      MP1 Player9 ($43.94) 88bb
      MP2 danyseful ($54.37) 109bb
      MP3 Player1 ($50) 100bb
      CO Player2 ($13.13) 26bb
      BTN Player3 ($58.78) 118bb
      SB Player4 ($50) 100bb
      BB Player5 ($50) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 9 players) danyseful is MP2 4:club: 4:heart:
      Player6 calls $0.50, 2 folds, danyseful raises to $2, 4 folds, Player5 calls $1.50, Player6 calls $1.50

Flop: A:diamond: 4:diamond: 8:spade: ($6.25, 3 players)
      Player5 checks, Player6 checks, danyseful bets $4.68, Player5 calls $4.68, Player6 folds

Turn: 2:spade: ($15.61, 2 players)
      Player5 checks, danyseful bets $11.50, Player5 goes all-in $43.32, danyseful calls $31.82

River: 7:heart: ($102.25, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $102.25
      Player5 shows
      8:heart: 8:club:
      danyseful shows
      4:club: 4:heart:

Player5 wins $98.25 (net +$48.25)

Player6 lost $2
      danyseful lost $50

SO the main villiain is a 19/14 0 3bet guy on a 100 hs sample, and my question here would be do you ever think about folding?Ton of draws, so basically I obv don't want to on the long run, but could use some second thoughts . Also, would overlimping work better than isolating preflop, although I will kinda play with my range face up?