Work hard = Get rich or Die Trying!

• mikelito85
      mikelito85
      Bronze
      Hi Fellows, im opening this Blog cuz I want to participate in the "Get Rich or Die Trying: The Bankroll Challenge", I think it's a good way to get motivated to move up stakes and get out of micros (someday next year I hope).

A little about myself:

Im 28yo, played poker as a recreational (play money for 3 years at facebook :P )....then February last year I started playing at NL2 using MSS strategy, got tilted and frustrated and after having a 150$ bankroll at NL5 almost busted and my bankroll was only 4$.

Started again with BSS FR in July last year, moved up quickly to NL10 in October, was winning well (5bb/100 30k hands), then by some reason I started to play too loose and aggressive, moved to 6max and a downswing came...dropped to NL5 in November.

December was a good month in NL5, quit my full time job and dedicated more time to poker and other activities, a suffer a worse down in January which made me drop to NL2, studied the game, reviewed the strategy and recovered all the losses.

Beat again 2NL/5NL (9bbs/100) and 10NL (at 8bb in 60k hands), started playing at 25NL in March but failed, started again with 10NL but somehow I got frustrated and bored of 10NL, developed new leaks, stopped studying, got really tilted and became a Break Even player...my mindset was awful, my ego dominated my game, my bad behavior caused me to play my C-game 60% of the time and got really stuck.

I spewed a lot of buy ins in silly mistakes, making bluffs and EV- plays wich costed me hundreds of $$$, if it wasn't by tilt Id have won 4-5bbs/100 during that period :facepalm: ...after 250k BE I started again in NL5 in August, did pretty well, moved up to NL10 playing my A-game but this time a 20 BI downsing made me drop to NL5 (actual level and still in a down)

I think my lack of discipline and bad mindset are the causes why I'm still a micro stakes player, I also wonder if a should be playing SH cuz I like a some loose game and the action though I try to play for value, but I think I couldn't manage to play with more variance (not for now).

My objectives from now to December is to become a better player, improve my mindset, play my A-game more often and it would be great if a get stablished at 10NL, winning at a decent WR.
  • 6 replies
    • mikelito85
      mikelito85
      Bronze
      Some little goals that I set for this week:

:spade: Exercise 3+ times a week

:heart: Watch 2+ videos of poker

:diamond: Evaluate and/or analyze 14 hands (2per day) at the forum.

:club: Play 14k hands.

:spade: Play 10 Mtt's

:heart: Meditate 5+ minutes a day

:diamond: Re-read first chapter of "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" and apply what learnt

As you can see they are all small and achievable goals, in the next weeks I'll set more difficult goals (like playing 20k hands a week and watch 5 videos).

Actual bankroll: 105$

Limits to play: 2NL/5NL

My main goal is to increase my bankroll to at least 1000$ by February (4.5 months), but more important than money is improving my mindset, study more, be more disciplined and move up stakes.

I'll post my results, graphs, hands, etc at the end of the month (including cash, Mtts, Sngs), I'll play 90% of volume at pokerstars, the rest at Netbet poker to see if I can get gold status (difficult for this month).

Im not a native english speaker so excuse me for the mistakes you may find :P
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      Haha , I am glad to see that I am not the only one struggle with meditation :) .

Nice blog sir, will deffo follow it .Keep posting.

Gl
    • mikelito85
      mikelito85
      Bronze
      oskrgy: Haha , I am glad to see that I am not the only one struggle with meditation smile .

Nice blog sir, will deffo follow it .Keep posting.

Gl

:P It's not easy to start a session, but everytime I do I don't want to stop...it's very very relaxing for me and improves my mood and concentration!

Update:
      Hi again, im updating today just to say that my goals haven't been achieved :f_cry:

:spade: Exercise 3+ times a week. . Went jogging 1 day :f_zZz:

:heart: Watch 2+ videos of poker. :s_thumbsup: 6 videos

:diamond: Evaluate and/or analyze 14 hands (2per day) at the forum. :f_zZz:

:club: Play 14k hands. :f_mad: 1K

:spade: Play 10 Mtt's. :f_zZz:

:heart: Meditate 5+ minutes a day. :f_cry: , 1 Day, 20 Minute Session :f_eek:

:diamond: Re-read first chapter of "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" and apply what learnt. :f_zZz: didn't even touch the book :facepalm:

I took a decision about my game, I started learning Multistack strategy (named RSS strategy in the spanish community) and studying new things about the game...I reviewed some basic stuffs and took these days just to learn and reset my mind, that's why I played just 1k hands, though watched 6 videos, downloaded a new HUD, it's like im starting from scratch, realized that my game was very poor...that's why I had a mediocre WR 1.5bb/100 at 10NL...obviously due to tilt and a lot of mistakes.

With this new strategy (from a popular spanish school, complementing with RSS "random stack strategy" from PS spanish community) im learning a lot of new things, I'm identifying leaks in villain's game easier and I will play specially cash 6-max yeah :P , I love it, there's more action and I think you can improve faster than in FR, what wories me is major vairance so I'll have to work more on my mental game.

Goals for this week? Basically the same:

:spade: Exercise 3+ times a week

:heart: Watch 2+ videos of poker

:diamond: Evaluate and/or analyze 14 hands (2per day) at the forum.

:club: Play 14k hands.

:spade: Play 10 Mtt's

:heart: Meditate 5+ minutes a day

:diamond: Re-read first chapter of "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" and apply what learnt

Not gonna post any graph, I'll need at leats 10k hands so this blog is still boring ;(
    • mikelito85
      mikelito85
      Bronze
      Hi guys, Im updating my blog today as the week has finished! I wasn't gonna post any results until I had at least 10k hands but as I'm learning and putting in practice a new strategy and I need to post my result every week cuz I'm participating in the challenge, I moved from full ring to short handed and that's why I didn't put enough volume, I was playing at 2 tables...besides, it was my birthday on friday and saturday was only drinking and partying with family and friends :P ...and procrastination ;(

Today sunday I was too tired and slept from 6am to 2pm...

Results of the weeK:

:spade: Exercise 3+ times a week DONE :P

:heart: Watch 2+ videos of poker watched 3 videos

:diamond: Evaluate and/or analyze 14 hands (2per day) at the forum :s_thumbsup: 16 hands

:club: Play 14k hands. :f_mad: 2.3k hands

:spade: Play 10 Mtt's. Played 3 Mtts. -5.75$

:heart: Meditate 5+ minutes a day. 5 minutes a day except saturday!

:diamond: Re-read first chapter of "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" and apply what learnt. Didn't even read the cover.

Results for the challenge:

3 MTT's: -5.75$

Cash 2NL 6-max 2.3k hands: +8.41$

Cashout: -12$

Initial bankroll: 115.35$

Movements from 21/10/2014 to 01/11/2014:

115.35$ - 5.75$ + 8.41$ - 12$: 106.01$

Added 71.69T$ so I reedited my initial bankroll!
    • mikelito85
      mikelito85
      Bronze
      5388 hands: +17.5$
      11 MTT's: +7.5$
      Total profit: 25$
      Bankroll: 140$
      2 weeks (10 days)
    • mikelito85
      mikelito85
      Bronze
      Well guys, NL2 is going good! I hope to play much more hands this week and of course MTT's...specially some micromillions events!

First 5k hands, a lot of variance there but here is the graph: