New FL-Coaching: Decision Making in Limit Hold´em (Mondays 9:15pm CET)

• Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

FL is back! From next week on (3rd of November) a new poker course will start. It takes place every Monday 9.15pm CET.
      Hope to see you, Please post your feedback here!

Decision Making in Limit Hold´em

Guess what - FL is alive!

In this course we will focus on the process of decision making in Poker. If you are at the table facing a decision you only have a few seconds. Regarding the complexity of the game in order to make a decent decision one has to rely on automatisms, that necessarily remain unconscious to some degree. However the quality of those automatisms is not only connected with good 'intuition' or 'feeling'. To a larger degree - as we know - it is connected with our understanding of the underlying strategic elements of the game. Also the process differs depending on our specific approach to the game.
      Very often we are not completely aware of why we make a certain decisions. In fact players rarely reflect on what the criteria are they use in their decision making process in different situations. Nowadays this should be an even bigger issue since there is no consensus among the FL-Community on the question how big a role modern GTO-principles should play in our approach. In this Course we want to step back and reflect on the criteria we use on certain decisions, that will include the individual emphasis of stats, reads, exploitive ideas or GTO-reasons. The goal is to figure out whether our approach fits the limit we play and whether we can find any room for improvement.

1. Gameplan - standard and deviation
      In the Coaching we start with a overview of the possible criteria of decision making. The following aspects will be carved out:
      - The Use of stats
      - The Use of assumptions of population tendencies
      - The Use of reads / history
      - The Use of GTO-Principles
      It will then be practically shown how one can integrate both a GTO and exploitive approach and make it the foundation of every decision making process. We will create a gameplan for a certain szenario and then think about how we should deviate from it given certain opponents and limits.

2. Application: Hand Review
      With the foundation of the theoretical approach in the first coaching we now have a look how we can use the toolbox in order to analyse single hands in a post-session review. We will analyze the hands under a changing focus- It will be outlined how the outcome of our decision making process can change if we change the criteria we use and how the single aspects mix and interact in certain scenarios.

3. Application: Liveplay
      The Content will now be applicated in 'real-life', when we only have a few seconds for our decision. I will reflect on every decision i make with regard to the question what the underlying criteria are that were used for the decision.

4. Application: Quiz
      Applying the content from the former lessons, in this coaching we´ll go interactive with a quiz where one has to choose not only a decision but reflect on the criteria used for getting there.

Date: 3.11. - 24.11.
      Time: Monday 9:15pm - 10:45pm CET

Videos:
      VIDEO OF COACHING 1 - Gameplan - standard and deviation
      VIDEO OF COACHING 2 - Application - hand review
  • 46 replies
      Bronze
      nice to see you still being alive. and this looks interesting. Looking forward to it.

btw. szenario = scenario
    • djchals
      djchals
      Silver
      nh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
      Bronze
      Originally posted by djchals
      nh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
      i added you on skype btw.
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      Will you record and publish it later ? I'd be interested to take a look at it, but I play football on Mondays at this time
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kavboj84
      Will you record and publish it later ? I'd be interested to take a look at it, but I play football on Mondays at this time
      stop playing football/soccer then :D its a horrible sport anyway.. Only those with too little between their ears are fans of that boring crap
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      LoL there is'nt anything else in the world that I like more than playing football.
      Probably I would have become a footballer if my parents hadnt forbidden playing it when I was brat. So I would have become 'braindead' too, but at least a rich and happy braindead and I would make more money than any FL player.
      Bronze
      LoL there is'nt anything else in the world that I like more than playing football.
      Probably I would have become a footballer if my parents hadnt forbidden playing it when I was brat. So I would have become 'braindead' too, but at least a rich and happy braindead and I would make more money than any FL player.
      well that would depend on your psychique and skill :P i personally don't believe at all that you would :P sorry. the pro players whoo earn moore than any FL player are those who got put to Barcelona training school at age 4 .. even the leagues in various countries are not enough paid for you to live off of it. (most have side jobs) granted there are a lot of countries that can give you a salary high enough. But yeah. football sucks donkey balls. so boring .. most games 90 minutes maybe 1 or 2 goals. rest of the time is spent watching 22 men sweat over a ball of leather. my father in law loves it and i have tried bonding with him watching it with him. 90 minutes and 0 goals and i was simply done. the only good thing was my wife and her mother provided food and drinks for us all night. (hoping we would bond as we always have had a baddish relationship)

enough about football its making me angry talking about :D haha
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      No you dont have to be La Masia raised to earn more than a HS FL player. Even at us in our domestic league the players earn between 5-10 thousand € /month (depending on if he actually plays or just sits on the bench). And they are not that much better than amateurs than they should be, I've played vs some of them and the only difference was the 20+ years of physical training behind them. Regarding talent they aren't that good at all except the top 10%. The living example of this is a player called Adamo Coulibaly who was an amateur player , worked as a forklift driver for living in Paris, and after he came here he became the top scorer of the league and transferred to the French second league for 28k € / month.

And yeah you can never tell what would have been if... but I was called by one of the local top teams when I was 6, and I wasn't less talented than the average there, plus I liked training more than anyone else, so I think the chance that I would have made it is a lot higher than I wouldn't have. But unfortunately I did not have a chance to prove my worth because my parents were thinking about football the way you do.
      Bronze
      No you dont have to be La Masia raised to earn more than a HS FL player. Even at us in our domestic league the players earn between 5-10 thousand € /month (depending on if he actually plays or just sits on the bench). And they are not that much better than amateurs than they should be, I've played vs some of them and the only difference was the 20+ years of physical training behind them. Regarding talent they aren't that good at all except the top 10%. The living example of this is a player called Adamo Coulibaly who was an amateur player , worked as a forklift driver for living in Paris, and after he came here he became the top scorer of the league and transferred to the French second league for 28k € / month.

And yeah you can never tell what would have been if... but I was called by one of the local top teams when I was 6, and I wasn't less talented than the average there, plus I liked training more than anyone else, so I think the chance that I would have made it is a lot higher than I wouldn't have. But unfortunately I did not have a chance to prove my worth because my parents were thinking about football the way you do.
      you have some amazing parents :)
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      yeah thanks, after 24 years they admitted that they made a mistake back then :D
      Bronze
      yeah thanks, after 24 years they admitted that they made a mistake back then :D
      haha.. thats a nice record :) mine when they were alive admitted i was a mistake when i was about 6 months old. they punished me for that by beating me until the day they died :) hats off to your parents for holding out for that long :D
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Hey. The Coachings will also be recorded and made available. But always better to be right in it and have the chance to take part and interact! see you (FL > football btw..)
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Tonight it takes off at 9.15pm CET with the first coaching - hope to see everyone there!
      Bronze
      lol i forgot .. fk
    • floaty
      floaty
      Bronze
      I need to get that silver status again I see :f_grin:
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cornholio
      (FL > football btw..)
      This!!

And this is coming from someone who's Engl....oh wait, we have NO reason to celebrate football and wtf Cornholio aren't you German and thus rule all of football with a huge iron mallet stronger than a river check-raise/4-bet?
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      Ye olde Boomer. Long time no see. What brought you here these days ?

BTW I would feel ashamed if I were English or German and prefered card games over football.
    • Necromadx
      Necromadx
      Bronze
      I just watched recorded coaching and i must say: nice job, keep up the good work! :s_thumbsup:
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Ye olde Boomer. Long time no see. What brought you here these days ?

BTW I would feel ashamed if I were English or German and prefered card games over football.
      Partly the fact I've more or less finished killing 6 months worth of personal demons and am weening myself back into ye olde card games :)