not really a poker beginner but a beginner on poker strategy but anyway.....

I've been playing MTT's a lot recently had a win in a 90person sit n goand 5th in another but on the whole I seem to struggle in bigger tournaments. Twice this week I've played in tourney's with 400+ players and got down to money and the style of play just seems to change with a lot less flops and a lot more powerful re-raising. I've seen this a lot say on the sunday million final table when all hands are revealed for instance. Its at this stage I have to admit I feel a bit lost and out of my depth (also because I recognise the names of the online pro's im up against ) and would only really know what to do with a preflop monster. Anyway on one a serial reraiser popped me again from the button and I made a stand and my AT was dominated and duly beaten, and on the other occasion a similar thing happened but yet I'd seen them showdown hands they'd reraised with and they would have A8s or even just junk.

I know i'm being naive and can see what I've done wrong in those few instances but what should actually be my strategy for the last few tables to make it to the real money.