Get Rich or Die Tryin' - Vegas can wait, Cancun in fall for visiting friends and play poker

• Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Hi guys. I've decided to join the Get Rich or Die Trying' promo a little late. I earlier took part of the easter grind, Easter Grind. Time to work on my life again.
      Introduction is in that threat, no need to go into more details.

Since last post I traveled 3 months in central america. In the first week of my trip I met a girl and we traveled together for the following 3 months. This have been some of the best experiences in my life, including skiing down a volcano, hitch hiking from Honduras to Mexico and meeting amazing people everywhere.

The plan from now is to graduate this summer from uni. The girl will come and live with me from january, and will hopefully get a job here. After graduation I will, if im not rich from playing poker by then :D , get a job for 4 months to save up money.
      Then we go to vegas, where she will look for a job and I will play poker (again if fail, I will look for a job) for ~½ a year. After that the trip goes to Brazil, down to the south of Argentina/Chile and up north again.
      Obv. lots of details not figured out yet, but we have the basic plan in place :)

So for the challange. I have 297,34€ on my Unibet account. goal is 2000€ to play NL50 with a decent BR.
      Since I play at Unibet, I wont be able to give nr of hands, hope nr of hours is good enought?
      I will also play some at pokerstars, a few tourneys on sunday for micro millions ME but it will not be part of my challenge.

I will be playing NL10 till I hit 750€. Drop down again if I hit 500€. Move to NL50 with 1500€ and drop down if I hit 1000€.
  • 33 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Damlqv,

Wow. I am soooo jealous of your life. :f_biggrin: All that travelling and doing stuff is making me feel tired and old. :s_o:

I'm sure we can make an exception for Unibet players. If you could list your approximate number of hands, it should be fine.

GL with the challenge

Laz
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Thanks Lazza :) Yeah have had some great chances in my life and then its just to take advantage of them and enjoy.

played 4.5h today, 4 tables. Quite a lot of ultra shorthanded and HU play so would guess avg 400h/hour.
      So 4.5 * 400 = 1800hands with ~70€ profit, so very good day to start out with.
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      An other great day at the tables. Im still recovering from a lung infection and taking strong penicillin because I after 3 weeks still have a fever. That means no alcohol for me this weekend and the next, but at least I can take advantage of the poor players who is on friday and saturday nights :s_biggrin:

Todays result was +106€ over 4.5h with avg 350hands/hour = 1575hands

Here is a picture of one of my favorit places I've been. Its a place called Las Pozas in a small twon called Xilitla in Mexico. It's quite an effort to get there, but if you're ever in Mexico, this is one of the places you shouldnt miss.

• Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      So first "week" done in this challenge. its been 3 days in the green. Today I profited 40€ over 2h of play = 700hands, taking my BR up to 512,37€ total.
      That gives me a 215,03€ profit for the first week, with this pace I'll be done in a few weeks :coolface:

More realisticly, I've played pretty well I think. Made some mistakes here and there I could avoid in the future. Reason for the huge upswing was I ran into some guys who donated more than a few stacks and I was running hot at the right time :)

Weekly Result:
      Hands: 1800 + 1575 + 700 = 4075hands
      Profit: 512,37€ - 297,34€ = +215,03€
      Bankroll: 512,37€

Here is a picture of a small town in El Salvador we came across while hitch hiking. La Palma, the whole town was covered in these kind of drawings. On an other note, El Salvador might be the easiest country in the world to hitch hike in, people there are amazingly friendly. It happened more than once that people would drive around to help us find a cheap and good place to stay.

• Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Haven't played much since last update. only around 1200hands. Little bit of profit though, bankroll is on €583ish now. Still on meds this weekend so that means no alcohol and an other weekend of late night grinds friday and saturday.
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Not been putting that many hours in this week, not been fully motivated, but feel like im playing pretty solid. Have made a lot fewer spewtard moves, that being said I did spew two stacks at the same time when I lost focus friday or saturday, not really sure. I've had some problems sleeping this week and that lead to being frustrated over some bad run and at some point snapped. Will have to look out for that in the future so I can save mu stacks :)

In total I played 5700 hands this week
      My Bankroll is at 719.36€
      So my BR grew 206,99€ but 51$ (41.06€) came from my TAF balance so
      Profit = 165,93€

I will keep the money in from my TAF even though it shouldnt count towards the challange. But since my goal is already >5x my BR it doesnt really matter and I can hopefully move up to NL25 very soon :)
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      I have not been playing much since monday. Moved up to NL25 and BR is now 805€ so the results are all good.
      I've had a bad day today, for some reason its been really painfull and I really miss my girlfriend right now. It might be because I stopped smoking recently that emotions are a little higher than normal. If it stays like that and affect my game I will take a break for a few days.
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Didnt play on Unibet today. Played a little cash on stars to clear my 150$ spin and go bonus and it went decent. Also decided to take a shot at the 1 billionth tournament on stars, just busted for a min cash, so not too bad.
      I will not take this as part of my challenge so for this week I have played very little.
      2900 hands, most of it on NL25.
      Profit: 105,05€
      Bankroll: 824.41€

Exams start tomorrow So will not have a lot of time to play. Will still try to squeze in a few hours though :)
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Been busy with exam project since last update but still had time to play a little :)

Played 2900 hands over the week, all on NL25 and my bankroll is now 1054€
      thats 230€ profit this week.
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Didnt get to play more than a few hours this week but I got to hand in my exam, it was a lot of hard work but think it should be okay. I should've been more prepared, we had to use R for all the calculations and I had no idea how to use it so had to spend a few days out of the 10 available to learn that.
      Next exam is a 4h open book in finance on thursday, planning on being more prepared for that one :)

Played around 1200 hands this week.
      Bankroll is at 1130€
      Profit 76€
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Its been a really bad week for me. Result wise I lost a few buyins, not a big deal, but felt really frustrated and was running kinda bad. Also tilted quite a bit and spewed some stacks off.
      Not really surprised, christmas is a really tough time for me with these horrible memories stuck in my mind. I've been fighting to deal with my exams and given the circumstances I feel like I did pretty well. Actually I feel proud that I was able to finnish both of them with decent results, now I just hope its enought to pass.
      After I finnished my last exam on thursday I could finaly relax. Only problem was, I couldnt really relax, i've been sleeping bad for weeks now and with little sleep I cant handle the grief. Tomorrow I have christmas with my whole family, seeing my family is normally good but not for christmas. We also have plans for the 24th obv and then again on the 25th. I fear these upcomming days and just want to skip it all and stay home alone.
      I knew it would be like this, its just hard to accept when im standing in the situation. I also know it will be okay again once all of this holliday stuff is over and things are back to normal I can focus on more important things.
      My girlfriend will arrive one week from now, its gonna be really good to have her here. Being with her is making me feel better, not great, but couldnt expect to feel good about anything any time soon. All I know is that I want to make it work with her because that will be great when more time pass. She has done so much for me and im trying to return the favor.

In poker I will try and play some over the next week. If I feel like my mindset is affecting my game too much and I cant beat it as it is I will take a break. I dont want to make the same mistake as last year and lose my bankroll due to depression.

I hope you're all having a better christmas than me :)
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      It's been very long without an update. I have not played more than a few hours this year on Unibet, my focus have been on stars clearing bonuses. I got a 125$ bonus where I need 10k VPPs in 60 days, thats for sure possible since im back to playing NL50 atm. I'm taking a 5BI shot so not sure how long Im gonna stay there :f_biggrin:

Graph for this month so far.

And for the non poker stuff, my girlfriend moved in 4 weeks ago. Going fine so far but takes a lot of time from poker, will try and play more in the comming weeks.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      he how is it going - do you have an update also for our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread !
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Way too long without an update. I have not played much in febuary until this week. I think it was good to take a break, was running bad and not really focused on my decisions. this week I've played really well 4 tableing zoom25 for the most part and in the end zoom50. I had my biggest winning day ever with around 511$ profit mixing zoom25/50.
      I've moved my challange to Pokerstart for now, need to earn 6500 vpps by march 16th to get a 125$ bonus and if I can keep platinium on stars from now on I will just play there and only play a few hands on Unibet once in a while.

My girlfriend and I have to move soon, she's not allowed to stay in my room any longer. We found an other room quite cheap so no problem and we can stay there till the end of the year.

The first graph is the last two days where I played at my parents place and the 2nd is for rest of febuary.

• SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      where is this big spike coming from in the year giraffe?
      anyways, well played, nice upsw... skill!
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      The first graph is played at my parents place on my dads computer so cant mix them in with the rest of my hands played at my own place. It was a massive upswing due to playing pretty well and some people spewing off stacks to me when I moved up to NL50 :)
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      I just completed my challenge from 300$ to 2000$. I swiched form Unibet to Pokerstars a few weeks ago since I was playing there to release some bonuses. I had almost same amount of $ on stars as € on Unibet so decided just to regulate a little in result so if fit my new bankroll.
      Since I started playing NL50 I've been on a massive heater, wich is nice since I always have managed to fuck it up when moving up stakes earlier.

My next goal is 10k$, there was a little RB included in the results so far but saving up my FPPs for the 200$ platinium RB so will get two of them by the end of the month hopefully.

One last thing, Im considering buying in for a shot at the 9m sunday million, its way out of my BR but sometimes I like to play big tournaments. Do you guys think its really stupid to do that since it will affect my playing style a little? I would buy in with points, so effective price is around 175$ instead of platinium RB.
    • Anomic
      Anomic
      Bronze

One last thing, Im considering buying in for a shot at the 9m sunday million, its way out of my BR but sometimes I like to play big tournaments. Do you guys think its really stupid to do that since it will affect my playing style a little? I would buy in with points, so effective price is around 175$ instead of platinium RB.
      Tournaments are so variance heavy that they're almost like a lottery, I wouldn't do it. But I only play cash in general :f_biggrin: I'd just keep grinding cash if I were you, it seems you're pretty good at it ;)
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He Damlqv,

gratz also here, aside from our news & the ticket I sent you! How is it going? Would you mind adding me on skype, sven.bertelmann.ps - we got a few questions and wanted to promote our BR challenge a bit further - and how can we do it if not by interviewing one of our finishers?

CU,SvenBe