$50,00
      Hero:
      $55,40
      CO:
      $98,85
      BU:
      $50,00

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , J:spade:
      MP2 raises to $2,00, Hero calls $2,00, 4 folds.

Flop: ($4,75) 9:heart: , A:club: , K:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $4,50, Hero calls $4,50.

Turn: ($13,75) 7:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $10,00, Hero calls $10,00.

River: ($33,75) Q:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $10,00, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $33,75
  • 5 replies
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Dont think fold preflop is the best move here. We have position so call is more than ok imo.

I would play same like you. Dont want to raise turn and i think we are beat on river.
    • salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      This is an automatic fold for me as you have to realize it's is a tight player raising from UTG and his range is going to be fairly strong

This is a situation where reverse implied odds come into play, you can hit your ace and still lose if he has say AQ or AK or hit your J and lose to an overpair

As played I would call once on the flop and fold to a turn bet
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I fold this preflop to a UTG raise, 11%pfr is 18% the steal? if so he is kind of positionally aware so his UTG raise is maybe like 6% and AJs is not doing very good against that range.
    • texbball33
      texbball33
      Bronze
      If you're gonna play this then I think you have to raise it at some point to force him to make a decision. Either 3 bet before the flop, or raise on the flop, but calling 3 bets and then folding is not a great way to play it imo. He doesn't have to think about your hand at any point or make a decision besides, "will this bet make him fold?"... I think if you raise the flop, which you would do with a set and AK because of the hearts, he has to think about your hand. If he shoves you can fold knowing he was confident about what he had, but he may fold or let you get to showdown cheap if he's not so confident.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If he would raise UTG then I would just call- not intention to call his 3 large bets and possible face all-in but take shots at the pot if he checks.
      Since he raised MP2 I like more raising than calling.
      You´re ip and often can go pot control if you hit ace or J. And a lot of times he would r/f pf, rather than raise/4-bet or raise/call.
      Postflop: once you called flop and turn, you should call river.
      I would fold turn.