Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $29,10
      Hero:
      $5,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , K:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,85, 2 folds, BB calls $0,60.

Flop: ($1,80) 3:club: , J:spade: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1,00, BB calls $1,00.

Turn: ($3,80) 8:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3,80) T:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $3,15, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $3,80

Should have called this river?
  • 5 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Without stats I think you should go all in. It's a made hand, second best.

But I'm also curious as to what the judge will say.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Burek,

You c-bet way too less to make it profitable if you miss.
      Bet more like $1.25 as you are now like betting 1/2 pot which isnt really profitable on micro's.

Also preflop, I even do not raise 3.5bb from CO, 4bb is ok on Nl25 and gets you the most value out of your hand in the long run.

Postflop: see above
      Turn: Ok
      River: A Straight is a made hand so I will call this one, noting his betting pattern is a must

Cheers
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      You c-bet way too less to make it profitable if you miss.
      Bet more like $1.25 as you are now like betting 1/2 pot which isnt really profitable on micro's.

Also preflop, I even do not raise 3.5bb from CO, 4bb is ok on Nl25 and gets you the most value out of your hand in the long run.
      Cheers
      I agree I should have bet more this time because of the drawy board, but usually I bet slightly more than 1/2 the pot, it's what undercover82 did mostly in his videos and besides usually it gets the job done. Mostly I get reraised or folded. For this reason I decided to keep 1 or 2 BBs with c-betting, but that's ofcourse no excuse to bet 1/2 on drawy board.

About CO raise I think 3,5 is working just fine for me atm becaue tables are very tight and I have to steal often, on the other hand I do change my playstyle at the weekends. :)
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      what? i would never ever call this river, i would bet the flop higher maybe 2nd barrel the turn but definitly not call the river
    • Onedinkenedi
      Onedinkenedi
      Bronze
      Equilator says Hero has 64% equity against a random hand (36%) on the river (Hero:Villain is 2:1).
      The pot odds are 2,2:1.

So if my calculations are correct, you have -EV against a random hand, not to mention that hands are rarely random.

i know posting odds calculations is beginner, but i'm a beginner too :)