This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25, AKo, straight vs. 4 spades

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $29,10
      Hero:
      $5,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , K:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,85, 2 folds, BB calls $0,60.

Flop: ($1,80) 3:club: , J:spade: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1,00, BB calls $1,00.

Turn: ($3,80) 8:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3,80) T:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $3,15, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $3,80

Should have called this river?
  • 5 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Without stats I think you should go all in. It's a made hand, second best.

But I'm also curious as to what the judge will say.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Burek,

You c-bet way too less to make it profitable if you miss.
      Bet more like $1.25 as you are now like betting 1/2 pot which isnt really profitable on micro's.

Also preflop, I even do not raise 3.5bb from CO, 4bb is ok on Nl25 and gets you the most value out of your hand in the long run.

Postflop: see above
      Turn: Ok
      River: A Straight is a made hand so I will call this one, noting his betting pattern is a must

Cheers
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      You c-bet way too less to make it profitable if you miss.
      Bet more like $1.25 as you are now like betting 1/2 pot which isnt really profitable on micro's.

Also preflop, I even do not raise 3.5bb from CO, 4bb is ok on Nl25 and gets you the most value out of your hand in the long run.
      Cheers
      I agree I should have bet more this time because of the drawy board, but usually I bet slightly more than 1/2 the pot, it's what undercover82 did mostly in his videos and besides usually it gets the job done. Mostly I get reraised or folded. For this reason I decided to keep 1 or 2 BBs with c-betting, but that's ofcourse no excuse to bet 1/2 on drawy board.

About CO raise I think 3,5 is working just fine for me atm becaue tables are very tight and I have to steal often, on the other hand I do change my playstyle at the weekends. :)
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      what? i would never ever call this river, i would bet the flop higher maybe 2nd barrel the turn but definitly not call the river
    • Onedinkenedi
      Onedinkenedi
      Bronze
      Equilator says Hero has 64% equity against a random hand (36%) on the river (Hero:Villain is 2:1).
      The pot odds are 2,2:1.

So if my calculations are correct, you have -EV against a random hand, not to mention that hands are rarely random.

i know posting odds calculations is beginner, but i'm a beginner too :)