Too many fish - not enough cooks! Rupucis cooking 18man turbos!

• rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      FEBRUARY GOALS
      Poker
      • Study/repeat articles: Calling & isolating all-ins; calling & isolating all-ins charts.
      • 400x18mans
      • 50% session analysis (200x18mans)
        Focus on calling & isolating all-ins + OR; C-betting; 2nd barreling; facing d-bets, bet & raise sizing
      • Attend 3 CM coachings

Mental game
      • Reread & study TMGOP chaper 4
      • Reorganize, update & study my player profile
      • Log my emotions at the table
      • Create IL spreadsheet & write mental hand history
      • Create strategic reminders

POKER VISION
      What poker means to me and what I expect from it?

At this moment I don't see me as a professional poker player in the nearest future and in fact, I don't even think about that now.
      Poker to me is my hobby, that brings me joy and gives additional $$$ from time to time. The fact that I can beat the stakes where I`m at is all I seek.

In the next 1-2 years I see myself as a very good player and reg playing 15$ 18man turbos.
      Very good player in my opinion is a player who understands all his actions in different kind of situations and always seeks for the best possible (+$EV) decision. Every doubtful situation gets analyzed.

GOALS 2015
      • Repeat and study all accessible pokerstrategy.com sng articles.
      • Read "The mental game of poker" by Jared Tendler and Barry Carter.
      • Find 18man turbo coach/mentor/poker buddy.
      • Learn how to effectively analyze and review my game.
      • Learn how to identify my leaks and weaknesses.
      • Correct identified leaks.
      • Conduct monthly reviews.

My yearly goals/guidelines are based on my vision - the results that I expect to happen with my work and dedication to poker. In order for these expectations to come true, this year my mainly focus will be on my poker skills and knowledge, leak finding and correction, not volume.

My poker vision and goals are not set in stone and they most likely will be updated from time to time, as the learning process and skills will progress.

January goals
      • Set poker goals
      • Attend 3 PS.com live coachings (LuckyLukePS 13.01., Collin Moshman 14.01., Tim64 15.01.) (3 of 3)
      • Study/repeat 4 sng theory articles on chip value (4 of 4)
      • Play 2 session 6-tabling and marking hands, after session review/analyze marked hands (2+)
      • 100x18mans (114 of 100)

• Conduct monthly review
      • Set goals for Feb
      • Study/repeat 4 sng theory articles - Playing preflop (3 of 3)
      • Read TMGOP chapter 3 & 4 (2 of 2)
      • Develop session warm-up routine
      • 200x18mans (226 of 200)
      • Conduct 5 session reviews (6 of 5)

• 23 replies
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Hi everyone! Some of you sharks and forum nerds might remember me from blogging some time ago, but for those who don't, here is link to my previous blog.
      Not much you can see there now, b/c image hosting site imageshack.us started charging me with fees and i deleted my account there, all pictures, tables and graphs were lost in process. :facepalm:
      But other things like intro about myself and history is there!

A lot of things happened since last time I blogged. Long story short - private life, quit job, took brake from studies, quit poker, cashed out.. etc.

In December of 2014 I started to play poker again, with last couple of bucks @ stars just having some fun.. and I quite liked it!
      Right after Christmas, 26th of December, I redeposited on stars and my BR was around 50$, and that's when I started to take poker more seriously again. Been more active at forums lately as well.

Why write this blog?
      • to understand what I want to achieve playing poker (set goals)
      • to reach my goals
      • to track my results
      • to boost my motivation
      • to have some fun

My aim is going to be quality instead of quantity.. or to put it in other words - skills before volume.
      Will see how this goes, because that was a problem before.

In addition to all of this I will take participation in bankroll challenge. Anyone who doesnt know what I`m talking about, take a look at Bankroll challenge thread.

OK. Now the things that everyone loves - graphs.

18mans

To resume my 18man turbo game quality, I have to say its pretty bad. Big amounts of knowledge has faded away with time, but the skills I guess stayed the same. A lot of mistakes that I realize during the sessions. A lot of spots where I`m not confident or sure what is the correct decision. If I manage to correct these things, the results should be much better.

Still, with my skills that's left, I can pretty much say that I can beat 1.5$ 18mans. Then will come 3.5$ and after that the old good 7$ where I left last time. Cant wait.

One of things what I need to do next, is to set rules for my bankroll management. Moving up the limits is just around the corner.

MTTs

Naahhh.. nothing special to report here.

BR 152.88

Ahhhhh... Fresh start, feels so good and promising! :yaoming:
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      The Bankroll Challenge - sign up!
      Starting BR: 150$
      Targeted BR: 1000$
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey rupicis2,

Nice. Definitely following. I used to play a lot of 18 manners (both NLHE and NLO8) when I was a huge noob fish and the format owes me money and I want it back. :f_biggrin:

So I'll definitely be hanging around for some tips and your insight.

GL in Get Rich or Die Tryin' :gl:

Laz
    • RobZomby
      RobZomby
      Bronze
      Cool.
      Gon' follow the thread as well.
      Best of luck. :f_thumbsup:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi rupucis2,

great to have you in our Bankroll challenge with your blog!
      Any luck already this weekend?
      We are trying to give a weekly or at least bi-weekly update of everyones challenge. Just to make sure we include you - don't forget to post your update in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread thread, it's due every Monday! Of course for you the first mandatory reporting is only due in the week after, as you probably only played a bit on the weekend!

CU & GL at the tables,SvenBe
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Hi players!
      Small update and goals for this week at the end of post.

Well... very crazy party last Saturday, only managed to start driving yesterday in the afternoon, before that I just lied in bed and watched tv. Because of my condition I also decided to postpone my Monday workout by one day. Now I can tell you that probably this was the last party till the end of February. Yeah, I know I`m getting old, cant manage to party every weekend like some years ago! :truestory:

Hi SvenBe!
      With my colorful weekend didn't manage to put any good volume and my BR is down by 15$ :facepalm: First update will come next Monday.

Hi RobZomby and Lazza61!
      Thanks for good wishes and following. I will try to keep this blog interesting for you and me both!
      Heehe.. 18mans NLO8, thats where I first got some taste for 18man format, played NLO8 for fun in 2010 and 2011, even managed profit in them :f_p:

Goals for this week
      • Set poker goals
      • Attend 3 PS.com live coachings (LuckyLukePS 13.01., Collin Moshman 14.01., Tim64 15.01.)
      • Study/repeat 4 sng theory articles on chip value
      • Play 2 session 6-tabling and marking hands, after session review/analyze marked hands.
      • 100x18mans

Ok thats it for now, see you at coachings, not at the tables! :coolface:
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by rupucis2

Heehe.. 18mans NLO8, thats where I first got some taste for 18man format, played NLO8 for fun in 2010 and 2011, even managed profit in them :f_p:

Lol. 2011 is when I switched from 18 manners to 45 manners (both NLHE and NLO8) so you probably owe me money :fouet:
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      LoL indeed! Well.... I probably gave it back to you in 2012 :f_drink:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He rupucis2,

waiting for your update for the challenge! Moving down to where they respect your ROI?
      Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread

CU,SvenBe
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Previous week goals:
      • Set poker goals - completed
        Yearly goals and main guidelines for 2015 are set, going to post more in detail later today.
      • Attend 3 PS.com live coachings (LuckyLukePS 13.01., Collin Moshman 14.01., Tim64 15.01.) - completed
        LuckyLukePS 13.01. - MTT coaching. Not my main focus in poker, but I like to play MTTs from time to time and I want to learn something about this type of poker.
        Collin Moshman 14.01. - for me and for most of sng players he is the sng guru, no doubt. This time the coaching was purely based on stt, that's not my format, but still a lot of knowledge anyone can absorb just by watching him play or analyzing others game. In addition I played in his poker stars organized home game, that is taking part in every coaching, shipped it for 1st place earning 6$ + knockouted Collin that gave me additional 5$ ko bounty! :s_pleased:
        Tim64 15.01. - It was FTP jackpot sng coaching, not planning to play these sng's, just wanted to see whats cooking there. Had some private coachings with Tim before.
      • Study/repeat 4 sng theory articles on chip value - completed
        It was good revision of theory I already knew. Only thing that was new for me - The risk premium concept, so some new theory for me to swallow as well.
      • Play 2 sessions 6-tabling and marking hands, after session review/analyze marked hands - completed
        Because I run pretty bad this week at poker, I decided to cut down on table count in some sessions and concentrated more on my game, by marking hands and analyzing them right after session. So I did this task more than just 2 times.
        As well I posted one unclear hand in forums and still waiting for review to come.
        18man sng final table - AJs early position

Cant figure out whats the best play in this situation. Playing with these stacks and having AJs in EP feels weak to fold here, even if sngwiz shows -0.15% Diff. Nash is (13.7%, 88+ A7s+ A5s-A2s ATo+ KTs+ KJo+ QTs+ JTs) which I think is a bit too wide from EP with these stack sizes and blinds. Would it be better to omr and call shorties and fold vs bigger stacks? Or this would be mistake because bigger stacks could shove over with weaker aces and pp.

PokerStars - $1.32+$0.18|100/200 Ante 25 NL - Holdem - 9 players
        Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: 3,555.00
        MP+1: 3,235.00
        LP: 1,885.00
        CO: 2,309.00
        BTN: 4,492.00
        SB: 1,275.00
        BB: 2,212.00
        UTG: 5,085.00
        Hero (UTG+1): 2,952.00

MP posts ante 25.00, MP+1 posts ante 25.00, LP posts ante 25.00, CO posts ante 25.00, BTN posts ante 25.00, SB posts ante 25.00, BB posts ante 25.00, UTG posts ante 25.00, Hero posts ante 25.00, SB posts SB 100.00, BB posts BB 200.00

Pre Flop: (525.00) Hero has A:spade: J:spade:

fold, Hero raises to 2,927.00 and is all-in, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls 1,150.00 and is all-in, fold

Flop: (2925.00, 2 players) 9:diamond: 5:heart: 9:spade:

Turn: (2925.00, 2 players) 4:diamond:

River: (2925.00, 2 players) 9:club:

SB shows A:diamond: K:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Nines) (Pre 71%, Flop 77%, Turn 90%)
        Hero shows A:spade: J:spade: (Three of a Kind, Nines) (Pre 29%, Flop 23%, Turn 10%)
        SB wins 2,925.00

• 100x18mans - completed

I run pretty bad this week and on top of that I managed to spot some signs of tilt.
        As one of my priorities this year is to improve my mental game, I started to read "The mental game of poker" by Jared Tendler and Barry Carter. A lot of experiments, changes and improvements expected.

Goals for 19 JAN - 2 FEB:
      • Conduct monthly review
      • Set goals for Feb
      • Study/repeat 4 sng theory articles - Playing preflop
      • Read TMGOP chapter 3 & 4
      • 200x18mans
      • Conduct 5 session reviews (6 tabling and marking hands)
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SvenBe
      He rupucis2,

waiting for your update for the challenge! Moving down to where they respect your ROI?
      Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread

CU,SvenBe
      No! :f_biggrin:
      Just starting all over again, from scratch (50$). Cant wait to get back at higher limits, just need to work a little bit on my game, gain back some confidence and bankroll.

Bankroll Challenge - WEEK 1
      SNGs: 125 (-25.86$)
      MTTs: 17 (-3.57$)
      1st weeks approximation (+3.6$)
      Net profit: -25.83$
      Current BR: 124.17$
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Here is my poker vision and yearly goals.

They of course are not set in stone and probably will change with my development in poker, but at the moment it is a good foundation where to start.

I will post and update them in the first post of this thread, together with monthly goals and other important information.

MY POKER VISION (19.01.2015.)
      What poker means to me and what I expect from it?

At this moment I don't see me as a professional poker player in the nearest future and in fact, I don't even think about that now.
      Poker to me is my hobby, that brings me joy and gives additional $$$ from time to time. The fact that I can beat the stakes where I`m at is all I seek.

In the next 1-2 years I see myself as a very good player and reg playing 15$ 18man turbos.
      Very good player in my opinion is a player who understands all his actions in different kind of situations and always seeks for the best possible (+$EV) decision. Every doubtful situation gets analyzed.

GOALS 2015 (19.01.2015.)
      • Repeat and study all accessible pokerstrategy.com sng articles.
      • Read "The mental game of poker" by Jared Tendler and Barry Carter.
      • Find 18man turbo coach/mentor/poker buddy.
      • Learn how to effectively analyze and review my game.
      • Learn how to identify my leaks and weaknesses.
      • Correct identified leaks.
      • Conduct monthly reviews.

My yearly goals/guidelines are based on my vision - the results that I expect to happen with my work and dedication to poker. In order for these expectations to come true, this year my mainly focus will be on my poker skills and knowledge, leak finding and correction, not volume.

My poker vision and goals are not set in stone and they most likely will be updated from time to time, as the learning process and skills will progress.
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Bankroll Challenge - WEEK 2
      SNGs: 32 (+9.02$)
      Net profit: +9.02$
      Current BR: 133.19$
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Bankroll Challenge - WEEK 3
      SNGs: 247 (+30.1$)
      MTTs: 5 (-5$)
      Net profit: +25.1$
      Current BR: 158.29$
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      JANUARY WRAPUP

MONTHLY GOALS (13-18 & 19-31 JAN)
      • Set poker goals
      • Attend 3 PS.com live coachings (LuckyLukePS 13.01., Collin Moshman 14.01., Tim64 15.01.) (3 of 3)
      • Study/repeat 4 sng theory articles on chip value (4 of 4)
      • Play 2 session 6-tabling and marking hands, after session review/analyze marked hands (2+)
      • 100x18mans (114 of 100)

• Conduct monthly review
      • Set goals for Feb
      • Study/repeat 4 sng theory articles - Playing preflop (3 of 3)
      • Read TMGOP chapter 3 & 4 (2 of 2)
      • 200x18mans (226 of 200)
      • Conduct 5 session reviews (5+ of 5)

Hi! Started January fresh and from scratch, and.... well... pretty much everything was done according to plans, made some minimal adjustments and everything went down smoothly.
      At this moment I'm not sure how I will conduct these monthly analysis in my blog, I will work on that in future, for now there is more urgent things to work on and those are - my poker and mental skills! That's why I will look back at previous and plan for next month from these two perspectives.

POKER:
      Volume wise I did pretty good, managed to play even more than I planned. At the end of the month I was little bit short for silverstar status on stars and I decided to go for it. I had to play ~100 games at my limit in the last 3 days and because my aim for this year is to learn and improve instead of just grinding, this actually was quite difficult, I still was analyzing every other session and that took quite a lot of time.

If I had to choose 1 thing that's the best I improved or picked up this month - it is defiantly my hand analysis and session review. Still a lot to improve here, but its a huge step forward for me and my improvement. I didn't do any hand analysis before.. :f_thumbsup: I tried doing this couple times before, but somehow gave up every time.

At the start of the month I repeated all articles on chip value and learned about risk premium.

Then for the rest of the month (~2weeks) I was focused on other articles - on open raising, preflop raising charts and playing post flop as the preflop aggressor.

1) I fully reorganized my open raise charts, before that I was much tighter, way too tight, but still playing looser than average old-school pokerstrategy micro grinder (like me some time ago :s_p: ).
      2) I adjusted my raise and c-betting sizes.
      3) Analyzed and improved my 2nd barreling strategy.
      4) Analyzed and improved my strategy when facing donkbets.
      5) Improved my hand analysis skills. I marked all unclear hands based on the theory I was learning at that time and I analyzed them right after every session (90% of the times).

Next month I will still focus on all these things and add new theory.

And at last the results for January:

18mans
      There are missing results of 6 x 3.5$ 18mans that were played on another device and made profit +18.8$

MTTs and pokerstars daily freeroll shootout promotion

MENTAL GAME:
      This month was tough mentally, because of the variance and etc., but I was able to spot leaks for improvement and that made me stronger.
      Off course with these results I questioned my game a lot --> had some issues with my confidence and had some signs of tilt, but this was not the case.. my game changes a lot at the moment, I'm adapting to new concepts and strategies and that takes more of my focus and time for adjusting. One very useful thing that helps me during this period is studying The Mental Game of Poker.

Some signs of tilt that I recognized:
      2 times in last 2 weeks I quit poker because I was running bad, I thought it was the right choice to do, but actually it wasn't, I just didn't have the necessary knowledge. This already is a sign of TILT. It was not quitting because I made bad decisions at the table or etc., (quitting in that situation would be the wise choice), but it was because of bad results and bad emotions. I guess I was pissed because of how bad I run and the short-term results. I need to get rid of my negative emotions and just play through these hard times.
      Also I had 2 situations where I had to fold because I was 99.9% sure I'm behind, but I still made a spite call and payed monies.
      Of course there is no smoke without a fire - the good thing is that I was able to recognize these leaks and I can now work on them.

For laughs:
      This was the that day when I decided to quit for the rest of the day/week.

1st session -$$. 2nd session last 2 tables left, other 7 suck-outs and no monies. WOW.. :As: :Ac: simultaneously at both tables. I of course insta hit printscreen and send screenshot to my friend on skype saying: "Ohh, I might be saved, what a timing!" :happy:

Split seconds later - WTF!! :why:

I had no disconnection issues for like the last 3+ months.. and right now, at this moment!? You got to be kidding! :appl:

FEBRUARY GOALS
      Poker
      • Study/repeat articles: Calling & isolating all-ins; calling & isolating all-ins charts.
      • 400x18mans
        Focus on calling & isolating all-ins + OR; C-betting; 2nd barreling; facing d-bets, bet & raise sizing
      • Attend 3 CM coachings

Mental game
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Bankroll Challenge - WEEK 4
      ---------------------------------------
      Last week BR: 158.29$
      SNGs (18mans): 152 (-33.14$)
      SNGs (other): 20 (+0.29$)
      Spin&Go: 41 (+2$)
      MTTs: 18 (-25.72$)
      Promo AI shootouts: 6 (+1.5$)
      Bonus "Ultimate": (+25$)
      Net: -30.07$
      Current BR: 128.22$
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Bankroll Challenge - WEEK 5
      Target BR: 1000$
      Last week BR: 128.22$
      SNGs (18mans): 109 (-39.96$)
      SNGs (other): 1 (+3.65$)
      Spin&Go: 35 (-1$)
      Promo AI shootouts: 6 (+4.5$)
      VIP stellar reward: (+10$)
      Net: -22.81$
      Current BR: 105.41$

Mid-February update

First week of February was tough and this week was no difference. Actually, this week was terrible at the start and got slightly better only on Saturdays evening.

I stopped studying poker and analyzing my game and focused more on mental side of poker. Read and studied more deeply TMGOP ch4 for two times, and started to read next chapter on "Tilt", so on mental game I`m ahead of what I planned. I needed to do this because I started to get angry and sometimes too emotional on those suckouts that piled up one after another, lets hope nobody heard my vocabulary. :censored:

I dropped mtt`s completely for now, at least till that point when I`ll start playing and running better. I finally managed to validate pokerstars.fr account, so probably I`ll play majority of my mtt`s there anyway.

I will start this week with fresh thoughts and hopes that variance will visit someone else. :gl:
      I`ll focus more on mental game and adjusting my bet/raise sizing's.

Some spin'n'go facts.
      This week played 35 x 1$ spin'n'gos, with prizepools 33=2$ 2=4$, being ITM 42.8% and having profit of -1$. Overall not bad I guess, except the shitty rolls I get all the time. :s_frown:
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Bankroll Challenge - WEEK 6
      Target BR: 1000$
      Last week BR: 105.41$
      Sng and mtt count: 123
      SNGs (18mans): 104 (+12.80$)
      SNGs (other): 5 (+2.56$)
      MTTs: 14 (+39.85$)
      ?? Most likely bounty's from KO mtt's: (+3.26$)
      Net: +58.47$
      Current BR: 163.88$

Finally results start looking better. cheers! :s_drink:
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      FEBRUARY WRAPUP

Poker
      • 400x18mans (422)
        My game analysis did not go the way I anticipated. I tried to improve too many things at the same time and it all got messed up. It can work, but only if I work on one leak at a time. For now on, I will try to work on one leak at a time and for other leaks just make some quick notes.
        The overall amount of game analysis was ~20% (80 sng's), I think this was because of what I mentioned before, + I set this amount too high, + I`m not very competent at game analysis, + I was a bit lazy, I could have done more.

• Attend 3 CM coachings

Results in 18mans
      Its all together there according to this sequence: improving > downswing > tilt > recovery

Results in other sng's and mtt's
      Biggest cash in 1$ 200cap for 2nd place and 34.51$.

Mental game

Red tasks were cancelled due to changing circumstances and priorities - coping with my downswing and tilting. I was focusing to study more in depth TMGOP ch4 and I managed to read halfway through ch5. :s_grin:

MARCH GOALS

Yep, week 2 is vacation, going for some winter shenanigans in Alps, Passo del Tonale, Italy! :f_biggrin:

See you soon and good luck at tables!