Dreamc4t's corner (21 days of productivity, DONE)

• DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      I'm a Swedish cash game pro stuck in limbo since god knows when. Been playing full time since like 4 years back and I still roam NL$150ish (playing with Swedish currency). Due to laziness and easy money more or less. I'm going to dedicate the rest of February to do something productive and needed each day. Either pokerwise or in life.

I have a tendency to over-plan rather than just doing stuff. This I want to break free from during these weeks as well. It can be something as simple as buying groceries - instead of just walking out and buying what I need, I'll wait until I really know everything I need so that I don't waste time by having to go 2 times. That takes me up to a couple of days and me trying to be effective is in reality quite the opposite. You get the idea.

Some headlines for the rest of this month (and rest of my life) will be:
      - Have fun (especially while playing poker)
      - Read through schnitzelfisch's stuff
      - Don't over-plan, just do it. (ffs)
      - Finish my new apartment furniture-wise
      - Coach someone (have first candidate already)
      - Study poker in some way every/ every other day (15min is enough)
      - Make a list of villains to analyse and analyse them
      - Finish my new killer-HUD
      - Record and _finish_ a song irl (next life-project is becoming music producer)
      - Update this blog and be uncensored about how I progress.
  • 45 replies
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Out of habit I started printing down stuff to do tomorrow on a sheet, but in the spirit of change I managed to do almost all of it today. Including a couple of pop ups for my HUD.

Poker today has not been fun, been running bad. Had a few spot where I really exploited the villian though which gave me somewhat of a mood boost.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hey man, I can definitely relate to a lot of what you posted. I too am a planner and have been known to suffer from analysis paralysis.

I read through Schnitzelfisches guide and found it very helpful. I recommend you try a lot of what he suggests. Things that I found really helpful:
      • Think about your life and what you want to be known for, then think about steps to make that happen.
      • Break your goals into very small measurable chunks, i.e. Things you can accomplish daily or at most weekly.
      • Track your progress daily (this might sound like it is feeding into your planning problem, but it is using your natural stengths towards achieving your desired goals.)

Best of luck to you. I'll be following.
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Today I've done some stuff that I wanted to, instead of procrastinating. Great success!!

Also managed to book me a winning session where I played some really great hands and enjoyed over all.

Now I'll grab some food, go through a video, fix some popups for my hud and then it's grind mode again (incl some tournament/s I think).

Originally posted by Ramble
      Hey man, I can definitely relate to a lot of what you posted. I too am a planner and have been known to suffer from analysis paralysis.

Best of luck to you. I'll be following.
      Known to suffer as in it's still an issue, or you managed to get away from it? I'm halfway through schnizel's stuff, will finish it before the day is over.

Thanks!
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      It's a work in progress and in all honesty I expect it will be for many years to come if not for life. If you've been a certain way your whole life, it is very difficult to change overnight, it is much easier to make small changes each day, review your progress each day, and build a feedback loop that is more likely to achieve long-term, meaningful change.

I used to work in a job where I had time to really analyse and think about projects and initiatives and I became extremely well respected for making solid well-thought out decisions. What happens to guys like that? They get promoted to progressively more demanding positions. The problem is that,for guys like me that love taking the time to gather information and delve into the details, the higher positions are supposed to delegate that work and look at stuff at a higher level only. I struggled with this for quite some time and basically became ineffective, and instead of making great decisions, ended up hardly making any decisions - which was good for no one.

Luckily I have a great support team, a few mentors that excel in this area, and over the past year or two have been working daily on reviewing my thought-processes, my frame-of-mind, and my short and long-term goals in all areas of my life. I've improved significantly in the past year, and am a strong leader and decision-maker once again by checking myself daily and re-focusing on the things that matter.
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Welcome to blogs DREAMC4T!

So what kind of music you are looking for to do in future?
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      It's a work in progress and in all honesty I expect it will be for many years to come if not for life. If you've been a certain way your whole life, it is very difficult to change overnight, it is much easier to make small changes each day, review your progress each day, and build a feedback loop that is more likely to achieve long-term, meaningful change.

I used to work in a job where I had time to really analyse and think about projects and initiatives and I became extremely well respected for making solid well-thought out decisions. What happens to guys like that? They get promoted to progressively more demanding positions. The problem is that,for guys like me that love taking the time to gather information and delve into the details, the higher positions are supposed to delegate that work and look at stuff at a higher level only. I struggled with this for quite some time and basically became ineffective, and instead of making great decisions, ended up hardly making any decisions - which was good for no one.

Luckily I have a great support team, a few mentors that excel in this area, and over the past year or two have been working daily on reviewing my thought-processes, my frame-of-mind, and my short and long-term goals in all areas of my life. I've improved significantly in the past year, and am a strong leader and decision-maker once again by checking myself daily and re-focusing on the things that matter.
      Wow, good on you! Seems about right I guess though.

Originally posted by NutzAreOk
      Welcome to blogs DREAMC4T!

So what kind of music you are looking for to do in future?
      Good question :) Probably I'll end up making electronic music, maybe a musical. Not quite sure what will stimulate me yet! (listening to prog rock/symphonic rock)
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Great day, got a lot of stuff done and forced myself to do things straight away instead of writing them down. Managed to do this with most of the stuff at least, but very happy with the outcome. Great day poker wise as well. Watched a video and implemented some moves from it, ending up in some fun, enjoyable spots.

I will try not to overdo this whole thing though, as I know myself to sometimes do something very intensely when first starting out, only to be to fed up to continue after a while. No more today, just relaxing; maybe even some early sleep.

Tomorrow I look forward to going for a run, I've been struggling with shin splints and had a looong break and done some exercises to prevent it from coming back. 10 minutes good quality outdoor running is on the schedule.
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Nice avatar, I like that. :f_biggrin:
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      So, today I went straight out of bed instead of staying in for my usual 30 min. Don't know if this was good or bad as I didn't was as pumped up today as last two days. And I think it's to early to blame the 'unpumpedness' on my project being to much as it's simply to early for that. But! I have already watched a 40min video, read a couple of pages and I just got home from my 10 minutes run. I felt some in my shins just when started out - probably placebo/me being afraid it would return, but after a few minutes it went away and now I don't feel anything. Sweet! Going for 12 minutes on Thursday.

Now I'll get in some grinding in and later on I'm off to see a girl and be on poker absence until tomorrow.
      '
      Had to fix one I figured, will be updated eventually though :)
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DREAMC4T
      Since you two seem to be into cats... here's a little groaner for you...

Why don't cats play poker in the jungle?
      Too many Cheetahs!
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Today I've been somewhat productive, done some smaller/easier things on my to-do-list and feel good about that. Just got home from a long coffee (actually tea) with a couple of friends, now I'll fix some food, regain some heat (cold weather in sweden now-a-years) and then get in some quality poker.

Since you two seem to be into cats... here's a little groaner for you...

Why don't cats play poker in the jungle?
      Too many Cheetahs!

lol... :facepalm:
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Truly awful day poker wise, dropped 8 bi's my first hour of play, :f_mad: (which is quite a lot as I only play 5 tables). Tomorrow I'll try to change that (pretty much ongoing) trend. Have got some stuff done though, watched 40 min video etc. Not as productive as intended though, due to tilt.
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Done quite a few stuff today already and only been awake 3.5 hours! Now I'll sit down for a session of poker. Starting of on a lower stake today to gain some momentum.
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Boss, $5/$10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $2,286.33 (228.6 bb)
      BB: $2,456.33 (245.6 bb)
      CO: $2,371.33 (237.1 bb)
      BTN: $1,016.75 (101.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A A
      CO raises to $28.75, BTN folds, Hero raises to $107.50, BB folds, CO calls $78.75

Flop: ($225) Q K T (2 players)
      Hero bets $80, CO calls $80

Turn: ($385) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $200, CO raises to $2,183.83 and is all-in, Hero calls $1,898.83 and is all-in

River: ($4,582.66) 3 (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:
      $4,582.66 pot ($15 rake)
      Final Board: Q K T J 3
      Hero showed A A and won $2,283.83 (-$2.50 net)
      CO showed A 9 and won $2,283.83 (-$2.50 net)

Such a worthless spot to be in, haha :f_mad:

(stakes aren't $ but swedish kronor rather)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey DREAMC4T,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

GL :gl:

Laz
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      I'm on such a roller coaster run right now, buyins flying to left and right. Anyway, got stuff done today, gave myself the time I needed to wake up properly before actually getting out of bed too, which was good.

Today I've experimented a lot with bet sizings, a lot of 3b etc. Wow, poker is sure more fun when you get out of auto-pilot mode, had forgotten. (Also booked a winning day which surely makes it more fun as well :f_thumbsup: )

Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey DREAMC4T,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

GL :gl:

Laz
      Cheers! Will make sure to get in some hands on my stars acc as well.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Today I've experimented a lot with bet sizings, a lot of 3b etc. Wow, poker is sure more fun when you get out of auto-pilot mode, had forgotten. (Also booked a winning day which surely makes it more fun as well :f_thumbsup: )
      Yup - I think it is really important to do this... unfortunately it's not always a conscious decision on my part, the auto-pilot just malfunctions. I always look at it as a learning opportunity though!
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Another day with stuff done and a result in the green poker wise. Nice. Tomorrow I've got a somewhat busy schedule, including me trying to coach, exciting.
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Today I held a 1on1 coaching over skype for an hour. It went well, I guess, first time :) Now I'm of for some wall climbing and tonight I'll get me some of that free friday money.