Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $25,00
      Hero:
      $5,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:diamond: , 3:club:
      6 folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,50) T:club: , A:club: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,40, SB calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,30) A:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1,30) T:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,00, SB raises to $2,00, Hero calls $1,00.

Final Pot: $5,30

I had a bad feeling about that river, so I decided to just call... I don't see fold as an option, so should I push or call to reraise? ...fold, anyone? :)
  • 3 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      With that set I would have pushed. Tell me why did you bet on the flop though? I guess freeplay, 1 opp, you attempted to get a fold right?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello burek,

Generally, a completing SB is very weak! so I punish that with a so called blindbash which is raising from the BB to 4bb against a completing SB to take the pot uncontested basically with Any Two.

Checking is fine but letting your opponent fold preflop before it can improves is more lucrative.

As played, I would have bet Potsized once again on the Flop to take 1 stab at it and then shy away.

Why did you bet on the River instead of checked it down? the board doesnt change much as on the Flop because if he has an Ace, you are beat as well on the River.

The only thing you can beat with Tens Full of Aces is a busted flushdraw. Would he have minReraised you with a busted flushdraw aka King high or something? Probably not so I just check behind on the River.

As played, well call the River and see how he played his hand from the SB first-in.

- Gerv
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Well, I used to "punish" SB opencompleters by raising to 3-4BBs preflop(I still do when I hold a hand from my steal range), but with random I realized it's cheaper to bet after it's checked to you on the flop and usually equally effective. So, yeah, I've only bet the flop for winning directly.

About my river bet, I just thought, it's SSS + full house = shove, not much more, but when he showed strength I realized he could have slowplayed the A and I decided to call. :rolleyes: