Major changes to Full Tilt ring games

• 13 replies
    • Dadramel
      Dadramel
      Silver
      "Heads Up games were being adversely impacted by the minority of experienced players who targeted ‘weaker’ opponents rather than take on all challengers, and secondly, new players who tried out the Heads Up games found it intimidating and confusing (asking themselves “why are all these guys not playing each other?”). In short, Heads Up ring games just didn’t form part of a healthy poker ecosystem, which made our decision to remove them easier."

Isnt that one of the reasons why some of us are winning players, other not? Targeting weaker players is very significant, it cannot be taken from us. Beside, correct me if I'm wrong, isnt FTP part of Pokerstars company? It means P* will follow the lead sonner or later.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      I'm no longer playing cash, but I wouldn't mind the changes if I did because seating scripts have become ridiculous and hard to battle.

I've never been a fan of HU because I don't like to elbow my way. I'd rather sit in a 'warm company' with 5 players of various skill and have the profit shared with other regs but get it 100% of the time with no need to pay extra rake while battling the regs.

The changes are going to slow down the unbearable pace of skill gap increase because players will be rewarded less from now on for becoming better or more 'tech-savvy'. They'll be getting seats of the same quality no matter what.

The focus will now be on learning to play at as many tables as possible with decent quality (only a few genii like No_Ola can mass-multitable with stellar quality), almost inevitably at lower stakes than before the change. Regs will no longer be 'slacking' in mile-long waiting lists.

(Of course, I assume above that such changes will be made by Stars and other major rooms soon too.)

What I don't like is that a lot of cash game regs will switch to tournaments as a result (in particular, Spins will fill up, more than before, with former HU cash regs) :f_mad:
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berezovaya
      It means P* will follow the lead sonner or later.
      It doesn't mean that at all. People with more authority than me have publicly denied this is the plan.

Heads-up is one of the least-enjoyable ways to play for new/recreational players and the chances of a first-time player returning if they play HU with their first deposit are massively, massively reduced versus any other gametype.

The above, and indeed anything I say on this topic in future posts, is all just my own opinion and views and I am not speaking on behalf of Amaya/Rational/Full Tilt/your mum
    • Dadramel
      Dadramel
      Silver
      Originally posted by MJPerry
      Heads-up is one of the least-enjoyable ways to play for new/recreational players and the chances of a first-time player returning if they play HU with their first deposit are massively, massively reduced versus any other gametype.
      You mean they deleted HU games because new players have been losing their stacks? Thats not a remedy, most of the HU players were playing on FTP. They could have just brought in Spins so first-time players could have sth to start with, just like PS did.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      They brought such format even before PS, in June 2014, called Jackpot SNGs. That wasn't enough.
    • Dadramel
      Dadramel
      Silver
      Thats a pitty then. Now I will need to transfer big part of my bankroll to other rooms, I cant play only on P*. Didnt know about those changes tho (havent played for few days), anyway appreciate that you shared this info, Rompas.
    • SnapScuS
      SnapScuS
      Bronze
      it sucks that u can not rail the games, and no more Isildur, Ivey, Durrrr :( because of no high stakes tables
    • kacekov
      kacekov
      Bronze
      removing a game completly seems like a bad choice (and im not an hu player) they could either make it a "lobby" like zoom where u get random matched or even some "anonymous" tables for those who prefer it. removing a game seems just an easy way out of a problem.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      inb4 busto

Also, I like how in the email they promise 'improved functionality, new features' when they actually removed both functionality and features.
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Why solution must always be removing the games.. Can`t they really figure out something else on a company like Full Tilt/Stars?:f_confused:
    • rompas
      rompas
      so someone still plays at full tilt,? how this changes working out? :f_rolleyes:
    • Stevie8
      Stevie8
      Bronze
      my HUD only works on the first 4 tables that I open because of these changes
    • OMGimbroke
      OMGimbroke
      Bronze
      I miss the good old days when I played on FTP. I prefer FTP over PS anyday! :(