Security Check

• dwpkr88
      dwpkr88
      Bronze
      Did anyone else get an email requesting copies of ID and confirmation of details?
      If so, what stuff did you send?

I'm not entirely sure i'm comfortable sending copies of my bank statements or drivers license over the internet.

Given the ease at which scanned images could be editted on the computer, isn't it also highly likely that if people had perhaps given an alternate address to where they currently reside, that they could easily edit the scanned proof of ID to match their registration details. And given the likelihood of this, exactly how reliable are these security checks?

I'm all for security checks, but I'm a bit hesistant and sending photographic ID and official scanned documents over the internet, no matter how secure a site claims to be.

Are they perhaps just after confirmation that I'm a real person and not a robot and am willing to send them something?
  • 3 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi

I can understand your concerns but I can assure you that your personal information is handled and kept in confidence and It will not be passed to others. Your personal data can be seen by authorized personnel only.
      About the editing of the ID scans: Sure it is possible to edit the id scans but that's not really a reason to abolish the ID scan since this is our only way to protect us from multi accounts.

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • dwpkr88
      dwpkr88
      Bronze
      thanks for the reply chiller3k.

so am i right in assuming that the ID check is less about storing my details and more about trying to deter people from creating multiple accounts?
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      The core purpose of ID checking is to protect our system from people who try to abuse. I'm sorry your friend didn't pass our standard check and thus couldn't receive the starting capital. However, there is nothing we can do as this is our policy.

Best,
      thunder