How do you keep consistancy

• sacritis
      sacritis
      Bronze
      Hello my name is David Side and I am from Hamilton Ontario Canada. I am a single father of a 4 year old boy who I love very much. I have been playing poker for some time now and have ben successful at times but not on a consistant basis. For some reason I cant hold the same style of play that brings in the money for me. I think my biggest problem is that I have to remember that someone doesnt always have that better card on the board, big betting some times scares me off when I usuallyhave the best hand. I don't know if this is from the fear of losing what little money I put on accounts or what. Anyhow thank you very much Poker Stratigies you have deffinetly helped me in quite a few aspects in the poker game. Thanks all and HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

Sincerely,
      Dave Side
  • 3 replies
    • Abe1919
      Abe1919
      Bronze
      i get the same problem,i can play some good poker but sometimes i get too cocky and then go on a losing streak........it's so depressing.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I've noticed that I win when I'm fully rested, like after a nap. Also I start losing after aprox. 1 1/2 hrs of play.
      There are certain times of day when its much harder to win and others its way easier.
      When I'm card dead/bored I go on tilt and start overplaying crappy hands like ATo,AJo from mid position. I also tend to steal too much when I'm card dead.

See anything familiar in your game?

When I feel I'm getting bored I try to logout and play something else(currently Warhammer), after all, tomorrow is a new day.
      When I win a big stack I tighten up because now you have sharks wanting a bite of it.
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      I had this problem for the longest time.

The reason I couldn't win consistently was tilt, and overplaying over pairs pretty much.

I've tightened up my game and am now playing a pretty strict TAGish style, and at NL10 FR it works wonders. Just get a nice table with a fish or two, be patient and wait for him. Your biggest income will come from fish, so try not to get anxious and create big pots when you don't have the right cards/aren't against the right opponents.

Poker is a waiting game, plenty of patience is needed. Once you can train yourself to be patient and disciplined you will do a lot better at this game.

Hope I helped. :)