Jackpot Sit & Go's hit PKR!

• JoshLogan
      JoshLogan
      Headadmin
      Headadmin

Jackpot Sit & Go’s are fast paced 3-seater tournaments where the prize pool is determined by a random draw just before the tournament begins.

Choose from one of four buy-ins, $0.30, $1.50, $6 or $12 and play for up to 800 times your stake!

Most Jackpot Sit & Go’s are winner-takes-all, except for tournaments where the prize pool is at least 100 times the buy-in. In those cases, second and third position are also awarded prizes according to the table below:

Probability Tables

See the below tables for the full range of possible prize pools and their probabilities for each buy-in:

$12 buy-in level

$6 buy-in level

$1.50 buy-in level

$0.30 buy-in level

PKR's terms and conditions apply to this promotion and may be changed at any time.

If you do not have a PKR account yet, take advantage of our first deposit bonus and click here to create one.
  • 4 replies
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      It's also worth noting that, just like Full Tilt and Pokerstars, PKR has jackpot SnGs with play money buy-ins, namely, 300, 1500, 6000 and 12000 chips. Their payout structures aren't posted at the website, but I guess they mimic those of the corresponding real money tournaments (as if 100 chips = $1, i.e. the rake is 6.67% in the 300s and 1500s and 5.83% in the 6000s and 12Ks).

I'm mentioning that to pinpoint that there's no need to buy in for real money if you want to test a third-party software setup or multitabling routine before applying it to your normal stakes.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Well, at least the lowest buy-in shows as 280+20 in the registration popup, i.e. the rake is 6.7% even at the lowest level.

Compare it to Stars, who charge 9% rake for play money Spins :f_tongue:
    • Thiamtan
      Thiamtan
      Bronze
      what you guys think about bankroll?
      50 buy in ore 100 buy in ?
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Buy-in: required bankroll (imo)

On Monday - Thursday except British holidays

$0.30s: $10+
      $1.50s: $60+
      $6s: $350+
      $12s: $1000+

On Friday - Sunday and British holidays

$0.30s: $10+
      $1.50s: $50+
      $6s: $250+
      $12s: $700+

There's no need to be too conservative - the games are soft enough, especially if you don't load too many tables and can focus on optimal play. The 12s require a bit more caution, though, because that's the biggest stake that the toughest regs of the site can play, and so they do because other (higher buy-in) SnGs start very seldom now.

Moving down diligently (if /unlucky) is required under this strategy, though.

I hoped previously that $500 would be enough for the $12s, but they attracted more interest from regs (even those of NL400) than I had thought, so a bit of a good run was definitely helpful in my case.

In addition to the basic time-based management onlined above, there's room for a composition-dependent strategy: observe the jackpot games that are already running to see which exactly regs (out of those who're familiar to you) are currently grinding the pool; the stronger they are on average, the more cautious you need to be with the BR and with the number of tables you load.