[PROMOTION] Guess the Hand [HAND 1]

• Lazza61

Hey guys,

Welcome to our Guess the Hand promotion. Fancy your hand reading skillz? Want to be $50 richer?

Guess the heroine's hand and you could be on your way to riches, or at least the community's admiration for your superior skillz.

All the details of the promotion can be found in the main thread:

Guess The Hand 2016 [OVERVIEW]

HAND 1 - You have until 12th March to post your answer.

Hand 1:
      $2/$4 No Limit Holdem
      Winamax5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter
      UTG ($789.72) 197bb
      CO ($662.46) 166bb
      BTN Hero ($454) 114bb
      SB ($450) 113bb
      BB ($732.27) 183bb
      Pre-Flop: (6, 5 players) Hero is BTN :4c: :Ac:

2 folds, Hero raises to $12, 1 fold, BB calls $8

Flop: :4d: :4s: :9s: ($26, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $13, BB raises to $32, Hero raises to $59, BB calls $27
      Turn: :Ad: ($144, 2)
      BB checks, Hero bets $35, BB calls $35
      River: :9c: ($214, 2)
      BB checks, Hero checks
      Final Pot: $214
      BB shows Two pairs : 9 and 7
      :7s: :7d:
      Hero shows Full of 4 and Aces
      :4c: :Ac:
      Hero wins $211 (net +$105)
      BB lost $106

On Thursday 03rd March a new hand will be posted.

Good Luck :gl:
  • 85 replies
    • dariusgeorgel
      Jenniffer had JJ
    • Starpior
      KJ of spades
    • jules97

Flop: Isn't good enough to bluff 3b. Trying to get value out of flush draws.
      Turn: Betsize is nuts only
      River: Scared of quads so checks behind

Ship me the moniez :banana:
    • TurokRider
    • TomClassy
      I would say she did not want to play postflop against a bully BB big stack which would call her too often with marginal hands trying to put her out of the pot so she decided to raise more that standart 2bb raise from the BU: from now on I would put her on a middle made pair of 66, 77, 88 or (rarely TT) and a weak or middle A. The flop is quite bluff provoking and BB decided to check here which I think is justified in case he didn't have a made hand coz he did not have much fold equity on such a board against a preflop raiser. So it was actually better to check/raise for the purposes of driving the opp out of the pot.
      I am pretty sure 99s would have bet here oop for value and to give bad pot odds for the draws or high cards.
      As to Jen position we would not want to swell the pot holding just high cards coz we will be often called by opps with high cards and value hands thus we would rather bet or raise on the turn which is a cheaper version of bluffing . Consequently, I think Jen was convinced that she had the best hand so far so was compelled to make a value bet which will be called by K or A high (sometimes Q) or fd. BB raise otf looked like a bluff catcher and her confident reraise proved that she already had a made hand. I would exclude A4 after her reraise because just why we want to triger fold equity when we have a great equity. Ace came otr but I think Jen need not to be afraid of it because A would likely have bet given the previous action plus we see a multi flush draw now. Jen decides to continue betting but I feel like she didn't like the A that is why she bet so small.
      9 comes on the river and BB checks which indicates that he was bluffing otf most likely holding a draw (K9s+, rarely Q9s+ or JTs) coz value hands would miss the chance to gain more. Jen checks which says she does not have a nine (A9), ace or 4 as well.

With that being said I would put her on the range 66, 77, 88 (probablly TT). May be someone will come to a more precise answer but if I have to guess just 1 hand, I would stick to sevens (you know what I mean :f_biggrin: )
    • vatonolo
      She has A of clubs and 4 of hearts:f_love:
    • Post removed

• jonnyZ
    • la55i
      Hand 1:
      She has 88.

Pre std. OTF villain can x/r her with a wide range. FDs, BDFD, overs etc so she protects her hand by 3betting.
      She bets turn ace small for value, her move is polarized.
      OTR flushes didn't complete but villain might have better pair or small Ax -> check behind.
    • jonnyZ
      QQ: 3b flop for value. turn bet for value against fd,9x, 77 TT JJ etc. River check back, not that many worse hands that calls.
    • Brdjan

I don't see many bluffs beside K high flush draw which has low showdown value and can be folded on flop 5bet shove, and only hand to 4bet flop for value and check behind river is the one I wrote. So since I had to chose between bluff and value bet I would go for value bet this time.
    • bonecore
      She did not have a FD because she would bet bigger or not bet at all on turn(unless it is nut FD). So she has some showdown value. (Ax, or TT+). I would not bet so low on turn with TT+ because people might level themselves and raise...
      so it remains :As: X , and i choose :As: :5s: because it has a backdoor GS on flop
    • xin1575
      QQ (One of the Queens is a spade)

Standard PFR from the button, maybe looks more like a steal with a 3x raise. On the flop, she 3bets small to keep her opponent in and for value, and with a spade blocker, she's not too worried about the flush draw. The Ace is a bad card for her, but it's a card that hit her range more than her opponent, so betting for value here is optimal. She checks the river since nothing worse is going to call.
    • JayVee21
      She had KK trying to get it in on the flop, then checked back river, because she couldn't get any worse hand to call. Could be TT-QQ aswell.
    • HHHuBi
    • proedgars
      I would say she plays like that with a pair, my guess JJ ;) Cuz i would play exactly the same.
    • AgapieGheorghe
      Jennifer has :As: X:spade:
      Preflop : Standard OR.
      Flop : Standard cbet, when villain raise she just 3bet small to trow villain bluffs.
      Turn : She got a pair now and a flush draw but she doesnt want to get raised again by the villain so she decided to bet small and to reevaluate if villain raise her bet.
      River : Just check with her pair of aces.
    • GoldenTour
      I think she has A4.
      I doubt she has big pair other then one on the pic, because it's much better to bet/call or check it, she doesn't have 9 since she checked river so that leaves only 4 for value betting, and since villain has 4 also in his range, she must have a good kicker to 4bet on flop, so that leaves A or K because less then that she wouldn't open form BTN and I go for A
    • henkhenkenst
      Jennifer has :As: 5:spade:

Flop: raise because nut flush draw and big chance villain doesn't have much.
      Turn: small value bet to keep villains weak flush draws in.
      River: Check because she doesn't get called by worse.