Poker cheat sheet

• crud99
      crud99
      Basic
      Hello,

i have been playing a lot of online poker and probably a beginner/intermediate player.
      I have been reading/watching a lot of poker strategy videos. It can be overwhelming all of the different information to try to memorize. I have bad memory to begin with so I always make cheat sheets to help me remember.
      so I have working on my cheat sheet and just wanted to get some info from more experienced players what the most important things to remember pre/post flop, etc. Thanks for any input!!

PRE-FLOP

- BROADWAY CARDS, SUITED CONNECTORS, POKET PAIRS
      -IF UNDER GUN (1st to bet) ONLY PLAY VERY STRONG HANDS, WORST POSITION
      -LATE POSITION CAN STEEL BLINDS BY BIG RAISE BEFORE SMALL/BIG BLIND
      -HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO TRY TO DEFEND BLINDS AND SEE FLOP????

POST FLOP
      - RE ASSES HAND STRENGTH
      -DETERMINE IF I CAN GET OTHER PLAYER TO FOLD WITH BLUFF
  • 3 replies
    • DemonRax
      DemonRax
      Bronze
      Cheat sheets won't really work because the game is too complicated and too much information should be on those sheets. Plus you'll have to adjust a lot to the every specific situations. I've tried it myself back in the early days. What I would recommend though - is to have some kind of strategy summary or compendium of what you've studied. Create a document, add sections like preflop, flop, 3bet spots, etc-etc - there are gonna be LOTS of them. And begin filling those in with tips and tricks you learn. The idea isn't to get the cheat sheet in the end but rather a strategy guide which you're gonna memorize eventually. And you will be able to come back to the document whenever you need to refresh the knowledge, update it or make sure you're playing it correctly in certain spots.

Hope this helps. Good luck anyways!
    • peddy53
      peddy53
      Bronze
      Do you consider yourself a beginner?

Yes there is a lot of consider, but if you are just learning the game and apologies pokerstrategy if I done wrong, I would buy no bulshit 6max. And although it is not what you want, its a great way of learning to play tight and learning the game. You will have you return on investment in 1 month playing nl2 easy
    • ukulelee
      ukulelee
      Bronze
      You're absolutely right, but they do point in the right direction of learning your way from beginner-master