Goals for 2009

• SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Well its a new year! Have you made yourself any goals for the year? Poker or non-poker? Or perhaps for the Short-run just some January goals?

I know that for the site as a whole we have a lot of things planned for this year (more on that later) - so what are your goals? :)
  • 42 replies
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      my main goal is to eliminate tilt from my game and actually do the theory part of poker and analize my game, this always takes a backfoot to playing for me and is something i should change. I don't care about money or limit goals, just to make my game more solid and eliminate mistakes

Non poker goal is to pass my part 3 test to become a driving instructor as fast as possible and to get a house instead of this flat, it's a little crowded now with our second child
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Well since I've only started playing seriously a few months ago, 2009 is gonna be my real poker year! In addition to online, I'm planning to try out a few tourneys in my home city (like the Marrakech Open, if they're holding one this year), see if I can win big, quit my office job, and hopefully switch to semi-pro poker with a possible additional source of income as a musician.

My online goal is to make it at least to NL50, or even NL100/200 with the help of deposits from my paychecks.

Oh well maybe that's too much to hope for in a single year but, a guy can dream :D
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      I am going to buy a car and as for poker, I want to be beating NL100 with good winrate by the summer and NL200 by the next year.
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Get to FR NL100 and kick ass.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Well, I want to establish myself as a winning midstake player.
      That should be something in the range of NL200-600.Hopefully, it will be done within the year.
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Make an ok winrate over a big sample on nl200sh.
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      beat NL100-NL400
      play some MTT's and make a nice +5000$ cash
      buy a macbook pro and a 30" screen from winnings+a nice gift for my girlfriend (citytrip to somewhere cool)
      diamond at least 6/12 months
      make more video's
      make sure my blog gets visited more by posting those videos and other random funny sh*t :)
      meet some PS.nl members IRL
      and so much more!
    • batmanbg
      batmanbg
      Bronze
      My goal for January is to beat NL20 and be winning player there with BSS.
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      Goal for first 3 months in 2009: Reach NL100 (currently on NL25)
      By the end of the year be winning player on NL 400

I think I can do it :)
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      My goal for the first half of the year is to graduate from the gymnasium with good grades. While studying i will be playing out of BRM as usual,
      and after the summer holidays i will establish myself on NL200 SH BSS og possibly HU.

(from 50$ to 500$ today btw on NL200 HU vs the same reg reloading for over an hour :D )

Happy Newyear to everyone at pokerstrategy, Cya on the tables
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      1 ) Improving my sng game. Push-or-fold needs a lot of work, and I'll have to adapt to better players.

2) Improving "tilt control". I want to be as detached as possible from my results. SNG is swingy, having the right frame of mind is IMO the most important factor for long-term winnings. The numbers will get bigger (or so I hope :tongue: ), I have to stay confident about my own game even when I'm doomswitched left and right. This is the hardest goal.

now: money based goals.

I'm not really focusing on these, I'm confident I'm a winning player so money comes when it comes.. These are more "roadmap goals". I hope I'll be ready for tougher limits when my bankroll allows me to play 'm.

1) Make enough profit to last me through the summer (I dont want to work :D )

2) I want to play on the 50-60$ limit by december. This is a money based goal, but it also implies I'll be a winning player on 22-44$ limits by then.

and then the IMPOSSIBLE goals:

1) stop smoking

2) tell my parents I'm playing for real money. O boy..
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88

just tell them u have made xxxx$ of profit without ever depositing and they'll understand ;)
    • Alafoe
      Alafoe
      Bronze
      My goal in January is to build whole BR up to $500 and then double every month to get 112010 $1000000 but it will be very tough cos I am just on some kinda downswing.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      my goals for 2009:

1. have fun
      2. gamble a roll on party using taf.
      3. move up to nl100 both sss and bss.

my plan is to arrive home one day in a motorcycle , It could be fun.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      1. Not to get kicked out of school because of playing poker too much.

2. Learn to multitable at least 9 SNG tables.

3. Buy a new widescreen LCD from the winnings and learn to multitable at least 16 SNG tables.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      If you had said "2009 resolutions" I coulda made a lousy joke about computer screens, but otherwise...
      -pass my exams
      (poker)
      - improve as much as I can, hopefully beat NL1k by the end of the year
      - beat PLO200 (400+? ...well, just finish that damn book on the game ^^)
      ...dunno, guess I'll find more as I go along

Originally posted by TimothyVdp1

just tell them u have made xxxx$ of profit without ever depositing and they'll understand ;)
      It's not as easy as that, trust me ;) Yes, I even got the classic "but how much did you lose?" >_>
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      Originally posted by TimothyVdp1

It's not as easy as that, trust me ;) Yes, I even got the classic "but how much did you lose?" >_>
      thats what I did, we had some discussions and we had discussions about online poker and how we should never play for real money,... (we played live with the friends so they noticed we had interest in the game, they saw us playing for play money/freerolls)

one day I just said: well, I got 50$ free and now I have 1000€ extra in my bank account.
      they were like: are u serious??? no way! cool

afterwards they were like: well, its cool but we still need to talk, we want u to keep us up to date, we dont want u to deposit money,...

:P
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      January '09:
      - pass first 8 exams :rolleyes:
      - beat 3/6 with 1+ BB/100 winrate

February '09:
      - finish exams
      - move to 5/10 without downswing on 3/6 =)

2009:
      - live together with my girlfriend (should be done when she finish her studies)
      - beat 10/20
      - learn to play HU
      - earn some real money!
      - live out whole year
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Im going to start bonus whoring for the whole year. Near the end of the year want to take a nice vacation with my earnings. And maybe even have some of those earnings left over and hitting the higher limits. Good luck with all of your poker goals for 2009 everyone.