NEW Titan Points Program

• 29 replies
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      In light of the "updated" values on the links I edited these values, and they are significantly lower, sadly enough.
      This time however, I also calculated the %'s rakeback if you factor in the loyalty bonus (second percentage) I again used the asumption that 1$ rake = 17 points

for factoring in the loyalty bonus I made following assumptions: You gather points for an entire year (any longer and the points would vanish since they are only valid for a year) and then you cash in. I assumed that you gain the same amount of points every month (mentioned in brackets behind the second percentage) I also assumed that they only start to factor in this loyalty thing from now on, so that everybody starts of with a one month bonus, in case of a second year, your values would again go up

last but not least, I did not make this calculation for the 2000 and 6500 points, since the minimun of points to be earned every month in order to benefit from this loyalty thing is 1000

2000 points = 10$ = 8,5%
      6500 points = 45$ = 11,76%
      20000 points = 150$ = 12,5% / 13,44% (1580 points/month)
      80000 points = 800$ = 17% / 19,88% (5700 p/m)
      160000 points = 1750$ = 18,59% / 22,87% (10840p/m)
      320000 points = 4000$ = 21,25% / 28,3333% (20k p/m)
      (this will actually yield 322k points after one year, but because 20k points get a higher monthly loyalty then 19999 points, you cant get there with less then 20k points per month
      600000 points = 8000$ = 22,66% / 31,74% (35700 p/m)
      1000000 points = 14000$ = 23,8% / 34,73% (57100p/m)
      2500000 points = 39000$ = 26,52% /40,24% (137300p/m)
      7000000 points = 120000$ = 29,14% / 49,24% (345200p/m)

So, if you succeed in massing a lot of points before you redeem them, you will get a reasonable deal I suppose.

I also did the same calculation about the tournament tickets (I didn't assume a certain ROI, I just took the buy in to calculate these values)

1100 points = 6$ maui = 9,27%
      3500 points = 23,5$ rio = 11,41%
      7800 points = 59$ fort knox = 12,85%
      35300 points = 320$ 250k guaranteed = 15,41%
    • VTomukas
      VTomukas
      Bronze
      Thank You very much :)

Some good things I see in these upcoming changes:

:diamond: New points will be earned faster.
      :diamond: There is no big required points difference between the levels, so it will be easy to achieve even diamond VIP with my NL50 FR.
      :diamond: (I hope so) A lot of big players will be leaving Titan, so it should be easier to win :D

I would easily leave Titan, if PokerStars could offer retrack my account to PokerStrategy... Not sure if I don't have account on Party Poker from very old fishy times :) But I want to keep Party and FullTilt Poker in reserve for the future, so not a lot of rooms I can play :) Maybe I will remain in Titan at least for some time - just I hope, PokerStrategy will have some bonus form Titan players....
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      On first read this didn't look horrible...

Thanks for the analysis lennert9 - was just trying to do something similar - only badly!

I think points accumulation will work out to be at a pretty similar rate as currently - slightly lower at rakes over $1, slightly higher at rakes below $0.25 (at my current silver level at least), but just be worth something!

I guess you just take out the current level bonus of $5 / 600 points and the net is additional gravy?

As an example, I am currently running at around 6k points per month at current point rate. Assuming the points will accumulate at a similar rate this currently gets me around $150 at $5 / 600 points over 3 months.

The loyalty points bonus at that rate over 3 months is 11% - so approx 20k points over 3 months after bonus. This means an effective rake back of $200 over 3 months so 25% better off.

I guess this makes me happy. :) Anything helping me move up limits faster makes me happy!

Unless I've miscalculated, which means I don't know how I feel again. :(
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      your VIP rank doesn't influence the rate at which you gain points anymore, so everyone now gains points at the slowest pace available in the previous model no matter wether you are bronze or diamond. So if you were say, gold, you will have to scale back your expectations a bit

In the shop I've seen that there will also be a pending bonusses thing which we can buy with our points, (but it isn't online yet) I assume that these should offer higher rakeback %'s then the cash rewards (but ofcourse you can only clear so many dollars in so much time )
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      I have been reading a bit in the german forum about this new system, and some posts appear to say that the points only stay valid one year, But I have not this info on the pages listed above, has anybody read this?

If so, this would seriously undermine my capcity to go for the 500000$ :D
    • Ornel
      Ornel
      Bronze
      Read point 10 there

http://www.titanpoker.com/club_titan_terms.html
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      A, that link is not included in the first post thats why I missed it.

On a positive note, in the german forum (probably the same thread were these links were found) there is a transcript of a conversation with someone from live support who states that old points will not be wortless, but will be attributed a certain amount of cash (ofcourse, the question is if we can trust this guy from support, since they seem to barely know more then the players.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      i have just discovered that the store is open and you need to be at least gold level to able to purchase anything from the store - It majorly sucks i wasnt playing for a while on titan and droped to silver and with those points are still no use i cant even spend them on the tourney entry its just silly and dumb. Goodbye titan
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      mmm too bad, they apparently just updated the links (although there still not official though) and they have reduced the amounts of cash you can get for the same points (roughly - 25% at first glance) Perhaps there bonusses for points offers will be better (the two highest levels have also been removed, so the highes level available now is 2500000 points which can be redeemed for 39000$ instead of 55000

edit

also the points requirements for their VIP levels have been raised immensly (although it makes more sense this way) rather then 7000 for diamond it now requires you make 40000 a month.
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      UPDATE:

2,000 points = 10$ = 8.5% (200 tp/$)
      6,500 points = 45$ = 11.77% (144.44 tp/$)
      20,000 points = 150$ = 12.75% (133.33 tp/$)
      80,000 points = 800$ = 17% (100 tp/$)
      160,000 points = 1,750$ = 18.59% (91.43 tp/$)
      320,000 points = 4,000$ = 21.25% (80 tp/$)
      600,000 points = 8,000$ = 22.67% (75 tp/$)
      1,000,000 points = 14,000$ = 23.8% (71.43 tp/$)
      2,500,000 points = 39,000$ = 26.52% (64.1 tp/$)

$1 fee = 17 points
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      accoring to support, the system is gonna go live tomorrow morning at 7.30 AM
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by Amirapuato

2,000 points = 10$ = 8.5% (200 tp/$)
      [quote]

Old bonuses were released at 600/$5 or in other words 120/$.

New now 200/$ X(

So basically, unless your a high flyer, your worse off than the worse than average poker house vip program they previously employed?

Hmmm tough call.

VIP program
      [ ] Titan
      [x] Full Tilt

Speed of cash tables
      [ ] Titan
      [x] Full Tilt

(my) PokerStrategy linked accounts & hence rakeback
      [ ] Titan
      [x] Full Tilt

Speed of support
      [ ] Titan
      [ ] Full Tilt

Decisions, decisions. :D
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennert9
      accoring to support, the system is gonna go live tomorrow morning at 7.30 AM
      Wow, how did you manage to get that info?

I kept bothering support ALL morning and they were just saying "this month". :D
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      EagleStar88 i made your hard decision already after summer time promo and i must say was a damn nice decision;) This month because of this FTP end year bonus i will have aprox. 125% rake back :D ( i am still clearing first deposit bonus).
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      this morning, my points have been reset, but when I took contact with support this was there reply:

lennert99: Is the new vip system launched now? because my points are reset, but I haven't got a mail or anything about this
      Javier: Hi this is Javier from Online Support. How may I help you today?
      lennert99: I was wondering wether the vip system is launched?
      lennert99: because my titan points have been reset to 0 but I haven't received any mail regarding the launch date
      Javier: Can you give me 3-5 minutes for me to have a look to your concern?
      lennert99: sure,
      Javier: Thank you for patiently waiting.
      lennert99: np
      Javier: We are now checking this matter with our Poker Team, sorry for the inconvenience it has caused you. Please allow within 24 to 48 hours for the update about this.
      Javier: Is there anything else I can help you with?
      lennert99: not fot the moment thank you
      Javier: You're welcome. :D
      Javier: If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to click the Online Support tab. :)
      Javier: Cash Tables are HOT. Enter our CASH TABLES, get more chance of winning big and get to the TOP of “POKER’s BEST” LIST.
      Javier: Have a nice day and good luck. :)

I assume that the newly earned points will end up being used for the new model. Otherwise, bad luck.

Aldo, the links are now official, if you just surf to titanpoker, the link VIP club has been replaced with a link club titan,
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      I got e-mail about new system:

Dear XXXX,

We are proud to announce the launch of Club Titan, the best VIP Program for online poker players!

Up until now, you could only use your Titan Poker Points for small Points buy-in tournaments.

Our new Points, based on gameplay starting January 5, 2009, can be redeemed into cash, bonuses, tournament tokens and soon merchandise as well.

As you are one of our veteran VIP players, we've decided to give you a head start in Club Titan.

We have issued you with a New Points Bonus. Check out the information at Club Titan carefully. You can easily earn the additional New Points needed to get bigger bonuses and benefits.

And that's not all!

As one of our veteran VIP players you will also have a head start in our upcoming promotion - the MILLION DOLLAR RACE. We are saving some of the $1,000,000 in guaranteed prizes just for you. Further details on the Million Dollar Race will be sent very shortly.

We are very excited that you are part of Club Titan. You will be rewarded for your loyalty to Titan Poker.

Titan Poker

And I got 8,000 new TP in my account. :D
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      actually, that's not so good. you can exchange that for about 55$ whereas they stopped you will apparentl not be getting your loyalty bonus which you earned through play in oktober/november/december. In the German community, a lot of members have apparently already left titan, and others are looking for alternatives, this only means one thing:

LESS COMPETITON FROM PS.COM TAG'S :P

but for as far as my German goes, I must say, if their calculations are right, this offer is a definite rip off regarding the old one. I just hope that the bonus for points deal will be better or that there are additional deals/ bonusses. Otherwise, moving to another platform might well be my choice as well.
    • Nitlib
      Nitlib
      Bronze
      I got 12k points in my account. Does not change much.

As the status does not speed up collecting points any more, i gain at least 40% less points playing the same overall volume.

The cash loyalty bonus is gone, and the rate i can change my new Titan points into cash is far worse then the rate used for the old reload bonuses.

Even if I collect 60k points the next 6 months (and max out my points loyality bonus) and only then cash in the points im worse off.

Nobody can tell me whether there will be a better deal for pokerstrategy players. If there will be none, im gone. Even the mansion system is more lucrative.

A whole bunch of players states they are cashing out right now on the german pokerstrategy board.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      That is only advantage we have as poker players over poker providers. We can choose where to play and they have to fight for us.

Those that are getting happy that PS TAGs are leaving. They may leaving Titan but if they liked Ipoker they will find other provider with nice rake back deals. But yes still a bit less TAGs at least for a short time;)