Stack
      SB:
      $24.75
      MP3:
      $27.30
      Hero:
      $36.45

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:club: , 9:heart:
      MP3 raises to $1.00, CO folds, Hero calls $1.00, SB calls $0.90, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.25) Q:club: , 8:diamond: , A:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $3.25, SB calls $3.25, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($9.75) 5:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($9.75) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $6.50, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.75

Did I underestimate SB here?
  • 4 replies
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Dragar, compare this hand to your TT hand, why do you bet here and don't bet there? Ok it's fine to bet here as they both checked so they don't want to protect anything, but check behind is also fine. 3bet preflop btw!
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      hi why 3-bet pre-flop?

I don't see the point with this since I need villain in the hand for set value not out of it.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      hi why 3-bet pre-flop?

I don't see the point with this since I need villain in the hand for set value not out of it.
      You get it a bit wrong. It doesn't mean you get his stack if you hit your set, and if you don't you have to fold like here, so it's really -EV situation.

By 3betting you achieve several goals: put pressure on opponent, represent very strong hand, have fold equity either preflop or on later streets, can still hit your set and make money.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d also 3-bet pf.
      But it is not always good play very aggressively pre-flop, since players tend to adapt and then you face 4-bet bluffs, which means you should shove 99 pf for value, which is kind of rediculous :)
      So calling ip is also fine, since you can hit your stack and play agressively on certain boards, which likely missed your opponent.
      Postflop: nh.

The best advantage 3-betting pf is putting pressure to the opponent and at some time he´ll make mistake and you can get his stack.