[NL2-NL10] NL10: AQo

• stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      Well I know I should not look at the stats in NL10, but this guy plays 19% of his hands (and with 900 samples this stat probably is pretty converged...).
      But I actually saw him raising T5o a hand before, so he does some crazy stuff. ;)

Is it ok to play like this in that case or should I really stick to the strategy in every case no matter what the stats say?

Known players:
      Position
      BU

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , Q:spade:
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.84 (All-In), BB folds, BU calls $1.44.

Flop: ($3.78) 5:diamond: , 7:diamond: , 6:heart:
      Turn: ($3.78) J:diamond:
      River: ($3.78) 7:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.78
  • 8 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      standard push with AQo against a BU open raise , nice hand.
    • stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      Not really standard, according to the SHC...
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Nice hand!

I didn't read basic articles since they changed them some months ago, but one thing you can implement in your play and is considered basic is that you can resteal against unkown BU/CO openraiser with AQ+/99+.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I don't think they mention that in the Basic Articles. But I've also been advised by the judges to make this re-steal move. To explain it with more detail:

If there is an open-raise from late position (that means if either the CO, BU or SB raised when nobody else had enter the hand, not even limped), you can push All-In with AQ+/99+. You can use that without reading any stats.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      AJ+/88+ if i remember correctly
    • stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      Oh ok. Didn't read the restealing article yet. But then I will do that in future. Thx a lot! :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      Yeah, I use AJ+/88+ against unkown, I think Ingol mentioned that and I agree, but with AQ+/99+ you're 100% on the safe side and that's also the range Gerv suggested if I'm not wrong. But I won't talk about what others said anymore, let's wait for judges. :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      Yeah, I use AJ+/88+ against unkown, I think Ingol mentioned that and I agree, but with AQ+/99+ you're 100% on the safe side and that's also the range Gerv suggested if I'm not wrong. But I won't talk about what others said anymore, let's wait for judges. :)
      Standard resteal against CO/BU first-in raisers is AJ+,88+ but really high variance if you play without stats and maybe even -EV so I just tend to give you more edge and suggest AQ+,99+ :)

Best regards,
      Gerv