This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 88 BB

• anduke
      anduke
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1,70
      CO:
      $20,65
      BU:
      $4,95

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.66 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:diamond: , 8:heart:
      4 folds, CO calls $0,10, BU calls $0,10, SB folds, Hero raises to $0,60, CO calls $0,50, BU calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,85) 7:diamond: , Q:heart: , 5:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($1,85) K:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1,10 (All-In), CO folds, BU calls $1,10.

River: ($4,05) 2:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,05

i should have pushed the flop right?
  • 3 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by anduke
      i should have pushed the flop right?
      No, pushing flop would be correct if there was only 1 opponent, but since there are more than 1 you should play c/f all the way.

Pushing turn was also a mistake, because one of your opponents can easily hold Kx and therefore hit the turn card and even if it was blank it's c/f all the way when there are overcards and you face more than 1 opponent.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Yeah, the bet on turn was dangerous. You only c-bet when you are facing just one opponent. And only bet on turn with a made hand!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Anduke,

When you have a trash hand and face multiple opponents post-flop, just check/fold it. Only go all-in if you have a made hand

[Edit] In fact I like the preflop push here with a 17bb stack against those opponents, if you have a read on them they limp loose and call pretty often, shoving preflop is the best play with Pocket Eights!

Best regards,
      Gerv