Anybody up for watching a vid if I post it? -> Vid Posted!

• Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Hi, I've got me a question:
      I recorded a session today playing NL$25 SH. I didn't do commentary for it, because I'm don't think I can talk and think at the same time :D .
      I want to add commentary, but it depends a bit on you guys. Are there people here that like to watch other people play and comment on it? I now I like doing stuff like that and I think we all can learn a lot from things like this. But like I said, it depends on you guys. I'm only gonna add commentary if there are people up for this.
      So if I get some feedback, I'll add the commentary and post the vid in this thread. And then maybe make more vids in the future.

--------------------
      EDIT: I posted the vid a few posts down!
  • 11 replies
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      If you clearly show your thoughts about the moves that you make it would be useful to see what your thought process is and I am sure it would be useful to many. I myself am also a NL $25 SH player and would give my feedback aswell with commentary it becomes alot easier to see how you play in a situation vs how other players think/play. So I think you should post the video regardless with commentary even if you dont get alot of comments it would be useful for other players who wish to play in SH.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      go for it. it can't harm you. ;)
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      i like that idea too hehe
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Oke then, I will do it :) . thanks for reactions! Not the amount I was hoping for, but I guess there will be more when I actually do post it. I gotta figure out some technical stuff though and don't have much time.
      Hope I can do it today, otherwise probably friday.
      It turned out I was running very hot in the vid. I won a lot, but it's not a brag post. There are a lot of interesting hands I think.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Go for it, i'll watch it whether you'll make comments or not :) .
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      I'd definitely like to watch, go for it :)
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      O wow a lot more feedback after all =) . Thanks all.
      I uploaded the vids. I tried to get the filesize smaller, but that didn't work out very well. I hope the sound will be somewhat understandable. I don't have a decent mic and can talk unclear sometimes. I also write in english a whole lot better than I speak it. So sorry for that! It would really suck if you don't understand a word I'm saying, but I'm a bit afraid of that :baby: .

In this video there are some 3bets, 4bets, bluffs, hero-calls, handreadings, and some more stuff. So a lot of interesting situations I think. And I definitely make some plays that are marginal or maybe plain bad :) .

Nobody ever really watched me play, so I'm very interested in different opinions. So if you catch me doing something really bad, please tell me why you think that and how you would have played it. And also if you think I did something really good, please tell me, because I'll get a confidence boost and know I'm on the right track. :D

I think a lot of people can benefit from these kind of things. Especially when there are a lot of comments and opinions. So if this works out like I hope it will, maybe we can do this more often. Maybe somebody else (or me) can make another vid. Or we could set up a group of video-posters where we have a schedual for video making, so we'll have a vid let's say once a week. Just outing some thoughts ...

------------

My NL history:
      - NL$10 SH: 7828 hands, 25.98 bb/100 (yes I know), vpip:13.9, pfr:8.7, 3bet:4.0
      - NL$25 SH: 16739 hands, 8.68 bb/100, vpip:17.0, pfr:12.2, 3bet:4.8

- this session: 202 hands, 127.23 bb/100, vpip:21.3, pfr:19.3, 3bet:7.4

So you know a bit where I'm coming from. I've been a winning player so far. You can tell I've been loosening up my game at 25nl. And you can see the difference between this session and my average 25nl stats. Running hot! I realize this looks like a brag post, but please trust me it's not. I really want to know what things I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong!

Anyway, cut the crap, to the point! Here are the vids:

PART1 (34 min)
      PART2 (33 min)

Thanks for watching!
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Can somebody post "great vid!" here, so that people start downloading tomorrow? :D
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      OMG GREAT VID!

just kidding :D , downloading it now, will watch it tomorrow.
      ==========
      Ok, watched part 1.Review:
      Too bad you dont use stats, It enchances the game so much,and makes much more decisions easier and justifyable.Lets start on situations.
      7:30 - You are making a decision based on a timing tell.You think he does not have it, because he takes too long to shove.That is wrong, timing tell can be a factor if he does something too fast, but not when its too slow.He might be multitabling,watching tv or just waiting with his set so he doesnt appear too strong.He might be checking your detailed stats to see if you are likely to call a river push or just a valuebet.That being said, slow response should not influence such an important decision.
      9:00 Restealing with this hand against his stack is not a good idea.You may have enough equity if he shoves,and if he calls and you hit some kind of pair you will be commited.Besides, those midstackers are generally bad and dont fold a lot to 3bets.
      12:00 Just calling his minraise on the flop and then raising the turn is not a good idea against his stack. After he bets the turn he is so commited that he might call you with second pair or worse.
      31:30 Cbetting AJ is a must here. You've got an OESD + two overs, if he c/r you can be more than happy to shove it in.
      32:30 With the 99 you pick an OESD on the turn and its a very nice spot to second barrel after his check. You dont have to make it big, basically you are betting for a free showdown if you dont improve, and building the pot to get it in easily if you do.After checking behind you may be folding the best hand a lot of the times when he bets the river(although it was a good fold with the scarecard comming and him betting despite it).
      The rest of the hands were pretty standart and nicely played.
      ============
      I'll download the second part and watch it tomorrow.
      ===========
      Part 2
      22:49- Bluffraising woud have been a good idea in a HU pot.Here, with a guy behind you, you cant know what his intentions are.
      27:00 Overlimping a raggy unsuited ace is a bad.It can get you in terrible spots.
      29:00 Bad spot to raise.No worse hands are calinghand , no better hands are folding.And he is just suckerbetting this and last with no intention to fold, so getting to the cheapest possible showdown is the best idea.Additionally, you can improve on the river, and get value there.
      ===========
      All in all , some good sessions with nice hitting.I noticed you dont put notes on the players, and that should be your main concern as you dont have stats.Notes are really usefull, and they stay even when our memories are long gone.
      Good luck!
      Hope my feedback was of any help
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot! Glad somebody watched it :) . Don't think there will be a next time, but if there is I'll use a hud.

7:30 - You are making a decision based on a timing tell.You think he does not have it, because he takes too long to shove.That is wrong, timing tell can be a factor if he does something too fast, but not when its too slow.He might be multitabling,watching tv or just waiting with his set so he doesnt appear too strong.He might be checking your detailed stats to see if you are likely to call a river push or just a valuebet.That being said, slow response should not influence such an important decision.
      I'm glad you're pointing out what I feared. I put way too much value in timing 'tells'. You're very right, this pot is just way too big for that.
      But I would really like to know how you would have played this hand. Would you have raised or fold somewhere? (Hope you still remember it).

9:00 Restealing with this hand against his stack is not a good idea.You may have enough equity if he shoves,and if he calls and you hit some kind of pair you will be commited.Besides, those midstackers are generally bad and dont fold a lot to 3bets.
      You're right.

12:00 Just calling his minraise on the flop and then raising the turn is not a good idea against his stack. After he bets the turn he is so commited that he might call you with second pair or worse.
      Just watched this hand back and I think I was very lucky he didn't call or shove. Awfull play.

31:30 Cbetting AJ is a must here. You've got an OESD + two overs, if he c/r you can be more than happy to shove it in.
      What can I say, you're right again. I really felt like he was gonna make a play and check-raise a lot of flops. But actually that would be perfect, because I can shove the flop. So yeah, definetly cbet.

32:30 With the 99 you pick an OESD on the turn and its a very nice spot to second barrel after his check. You dont have to make it big, basically you are betting for a free showdown if you dont improve, and building the pot to get it in easily if you do.After checking behind you may be folding the best hand a lot of the times when he bets the river(although it was a good fold with the scarecard comming and him betting despite it).
      Guess that would be better.

Part 2
      22:49- Bluffraising woud have been a good idea in a HU pot.Here, with a guy behind you, you cant know what his intentions are.
      Not sure. It's so easy to miss this board. I think the sb will only continue with a set here. After the potsize bet and a raise I think he's folding a lot of tens, maybe all tens. But I definitely would like it more if it was hu.

29:00 Bad spot to raise.No worse hands are calinghand , no better hands are folding.And he is just suckerbetting this and last with no intention to fold, so getting to the cheapest possible showdown is the best idea.Additionally, you can improve on the river, and get value there.
      Yes true. I didn't know what to do, this guy made no sense to me. Raising wasn't the solution.
      ----

Thanks a lot for not holding back! It may be difficult for some people to criticize somebody if everything he does works out. But I'm making a lot of mistakes. Please never sit on my table :D .
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      About the KQ hand - If Im playing against an unknown, I would have called to the river and folded there.
      You are not making so many mistakes, just doing some marginal decisions.And no, its not hard to critisize your plays even if they work, as the results dont really interest me :)