Avoid HACKS at Titan Poker

• Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      The cases about PokerStrategy members who got their Titan Poker account hacked are well known in the German forum of this site, but have never been mentioned in the English forum.

The modus operandi of the hacker(s) is following: they steal your username and password from your computer, then log into your account and finally lose your whole BR playing blackjack.

A hacker has easy access to your username and password, because they are stored in your PC's registry if you enabled the "remember password" option in Titan's software.

So, if you have the "remember password" option enabled, open your software right now, disable the option and change your password afterwards.

Here you can see how easy it's to hack someone's account:

Video is spoken in German, but with captions in English.
  • 16 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Nice video Amira.. you look good in a paper bag... [not intended to sound quite as dodgy as it does :rolleyes: ].

Thanks for spreading the word!
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Ok, dumb question... where is the change password option? I can't find it!!!
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Ok, dumb question... where is the change password option? I can't find it!!!
      That was my question about 3 months ago. :D

Forgot to mention it: You have to click on the "Forgot Password?" button at the lower left of the login box. Then, you'll be emailed a new password (before doing it, check there aren't any problems with your email account) and when you try to login again, they will ask you for the password they sent and for your new password.
    • west188
      west188
      Bronze
      Yeah, but this is only necessary if you suspect that your password was stolen. As soon as you uncheck "remember the password" and close the application the record of your password in registry is automatically deleted.
    • tripstim79
      tripstim79
      Bronze
      Ok I dont believe this.
      I have just logged into my account this evening which had around £3700 in it on Thursday night to find it is sitting with 0.08p!!!

I have been trying to contact online support but noone is answering to the pop box WTF DO I DO????

I am so scared that this money is lost forever :'(

Admins, any ideas?

It's taken me ages to build to that level and now some b@stard seems to have wiped it out.

Trips.
    • tlLome
      tlLome
      Bronze
      When I read "avoid hacks at Titan poker" I just assumed you were talking about the players. :D
    • ddasd
      ddasd
      Bronze
      hmm when i click on titan i am automaticly logged in :) how to change that?
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      uninstall, download & install again
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      cashout, uninstall and go somewhere else. who knows what other security holes are there :rolleyes:
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      is this issue just with titan or other ipoker sites to, i play on mansion
    • CraigP123
      CraigP123
      Bronze
      only heard this on Titan
    • west188
      west188
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ddasd
      hmm when i click on titan i am automaticly logged in :) how to change that?
      It's weird, because with the option "auto login" ticked I still have to press the "login" button to actually log in.
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/Good-News-on-Titan-Pokers-Account-Security_14455

in case some of you missed this: Titan fixed the problem
    • west188
      west188
      Bronze
      Well, just FYI If you have ...quote:"a sort of malware or virus which enabled the unauthorized party access to the computer" and you have chosen "remember password" your password is still recorded in registry which is very easy to access. So please do not think when you read "As of January 15th, 2009, the situation has been resolved" that someone can not harm you anymore in this matter.
      Your password is stored here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Titan Poker.
      Once you highlight it look to your right and find the line "password_new" and you will see your password - coded of cause. But. If someone copies that code and pastes it into his Titan software registry he will have you password automatically in the "password" window.
      All I'm trying to say that after reading that article people may have the impression that problem is gone - nope - in case of stolen paswords using different malware nothing is changed. Buy a good antivirus :)
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi west188,

these are just misinformation you are giving away!!!
      That's how it was before the security update! Now the Hash got combined with an individual machinecode that only your computer has! So you can't use the hash you find in the registry on other computers!

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • west188
      west188
      Bronze
      Thanks bro,

That's exactly what I thought they should've done! You just confirmed it :)