[NL20-NL50] 44, tough spot

• Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Should I call the river, or maybe I should bet-fold turn? Playing for float induce is kinda bad in this spot right?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $28,18
      BB:
      $41,05
      MP3:
      $22,03
      Hero:
      $25,00
      BU:
      $86,14

0,1/0,25 Pot-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4:diamond: , 4:club:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,85, BU calls $0,85, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2,05) 7:heart: , Q:club: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,25, BU calls $1,25.

Turn: ($4,55) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,91, Hero calls $1,91.

River: ($8,37) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $4,23, Hero calls $4,23.

Final Pot: $16,83
  • 4 replies
    • jianny
      jianny
      Bronze
      you had the initiative so cbet on flop is fine especially on flops like these which is practially hit or miss.

calling turn is just bad. you turn your hand into a bluff. if you are trying to float him to push him off hands like mid pocket pairs and overcards then you have to c/r.

imo i would c/f turn. river bet makes it an even clearer fold. he's not gonna barrel again with air.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jianny
      you had the initiative so cbet on flop is fine especially on flops like these which is practially hit or miss.

calling turn is just bad. you turn your hand into a bluff. if you are trying to float him to push him off hands like mid pocket pairs and overcards then you have to c/r.

imo i would c/f turn. river bet makes it an even clearer fold. he's not gonna barrel again with air.
      I disagree, 1st of all on this flot people float like always, so I am calling the turn because it's brick and he very often bets with overs. Secondly, c/r turn isn't a float. It is him who is floating.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Imo you can´t call down profitable, so either double barrel turn if you think that opponent would often float here or c/f turn.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Imo you can´t call down profitable, so either double barrel turn if you think that opponent would often float here or c/f turn.
      If I double barrel he can easily respresent a seven or strong hand because he'd take the same line with that and he probably knows I am playing this bet/fold. I don't like c/raising, but I very often hold better hand still, so why calling so bad? With pp he would probably check behind turn, so his range is polarized when he bets, so I can call profitably imo.