Ironman Iron freeroll

• erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      Is it worth playing?

Has anyone ever played that one, I guess it wont be as crowded as the bronze or silver one, but also I think it will be TAGish like hell...

Any thoughts on this subject?

Should I take the medals instead?
  • 9 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Shouldn't have any good play tbh... since most of the guys that reach iron man status are cash game grinders and/or fl players.... So tbh I think the play will be like in a $20 tourney maybe :) ... No mtt players will ever create that much rake

but thats just me guessing... and oh yeah I would most def. go for the medals tho :)
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      I think the medals would be better because i thought playing in the freeroll take away from your rakeback.
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      Shouldn't have any good play tbh... since most of the guys that reach iron man status are cash game grinders and/or fl players.... So tbh I think the play will be like in a $20 tourney maybe :) ... No mtt players will ever create that much rake

but thats just me guessing... and oh yeah I would most def. go for the medals tho :)
      yeah, but IRON freeroll is for highest rank of ironman, and i expect no more than 300 or 400 players and prize pool is $30k...

instead i could get 100 medals more and thats not even enough for a 26$ token..

so i kinda lean towards playing it, and when you put it that way, yea mostly there will be cash players so i figure theres is probably more EV there
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      ive played in the silver iron man twice

the first time it was 650 people in december and most of them werent even online, made 55th when i lost because i missclicked call on a shove after coming back from the toilet to find out its my turn to act..

second time i was playing under a lot of pressure of friends to go out and i played really badly

generally i think it is pretty easy, people didnt seem to take it very seriously.

iron man is different, get in the money and it pays at least $70. i think it is worth it, the medals are not that great, plus you get medals for qualifying anyway, you just get extra if you dont play the freeroll

hope it helps

what limits are you at?
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Does anybody know how this affects rakeback exactly? Do you get less just for playing these only if you win anything? Do they subtract the amount you won from the gross rake or do they do something different?
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      i have actually emailed ftp regarding the rakeback.

i will post the reply when i get it
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by erptech
      Is it worth playing?

Has anyone ever played that one, I guess it wont be as crowded as the bronze or silver one, but also I think it will be TAGish like hell...

Any thoughts on this subject?

Should I take the medals instead?
      I think is worth playing, better then medals, i played arround 6 times, once i was 18th, 2 times i came below 90 position what means cash...Play normal MTT play and maybe you will come to the cash....Usually there is arround 400 - 500 attendants
    • gummybeared
      gummybeared
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      i have actually emailed ftp regarding the rakeback.

i will post the reply when i get it
      any luck yet?
    • faz182
      faz182
      Bronze
      I believe that if you play in a freeroll with x players and a prize pool of y,
      youll get negative rake of y/x