My Motivating Blog MTTGrind + Sit and Go Hero!

• Coinseeker12321
      Coinseeker12321
      Gold
      Hey guys,
      I also try it out with a blog.
      I am Ferdinand from Germany and i am student at the moment. My aim is to get more discipline in my poker game and
      earn some extra money for a nice trip in the summer. :f_cool:

How long i have been playing Poker? 5 years or so i would say, mainly nlhl mtts up to 25$ and plo cashgames up to plo 50$

My bankroll: is 225$ on pokerstars and 126$ on Ladbrokes (ipoker)

My Challenge: get 1000$ on ladbrokes or 1125$ on stars (cause i need 5 times my start bankroll to enter the challenge :) )

How i wanna approach this challenge: playing what i have most experience with -> mtts and plo cashgame
      I think i will try to play the mtts mainly on stars and the cashgame on ipoker because stars has more tournaments to offer and i already got up from 60$ to 225$ in the last 40 days or so

What i want to work on during the challenge: try to bring my A-Game to the table more often (so basically working on my mindset)
      and i feel that my range thinking in plo helps me alot especially on difficult river decisions so i definetly try to improve their too

If you got any questions just ask them :)

cya guys and gl at the tables!
  • 87 replies
    • Coinseeker12321
      Coinseeker12321
      Gold
      Even if i just started the blog i will still tell you how my day was :)
      So i deposited 50$ yesterday on ladbrokes with the promotion got 5$ extra played some mtts and finished the day with 53$
      So today i thought i give the plo cash games a shot started at 4€ plo cash and jumped up to 10€ cash when i felt it was such a fishy player pool :)
      I know it is horrible bankrollmanagement cause plo you should take 40BI or so but i thought that i have a big edge on them and played a little tighter at the start.(also i can deposit again if i fail or play on stars)
      Anyway risk payed off and i got from 53$ to 126$ yet which i am pretty happy about (15$ are from pending deposit bonus )
      So i definetly keep focusing on the plo cashgames
      i am playing 2/3 tables at the moment because i think these players are just to crazy to auto pilot them and there is not much action either way

I got some problems with playing mtts at i poker and stars at the same time because i got infected by the loose plays of the standard ipoker donkey which affected my playing style so i think i try to either play mtts on stars or cash on i poker for now.
      But in the end i still played pretty well i guess cashed 2 plo 6max mtts and got pretty unlucky after the bubble getting it in 3 times in front all losing but yeah no reason to cry if i keep running like this in the cashgames :f_drink:

Sorry if my english is not so great yet ...Didnt use it a lot lately (especially writing) so i hope youre not getting eye cancer from it :f_ugly:
      But i promise that i try to improve their as well :)
    • Rhodriguez
      Rhodriguez
      Bronze
      YAY PLO! Nice to read you! You are writing about PLO MTT - do you play them exclusively and stick to those tiny oppurtunities in the tournament schedule or do you also add 5cdPLO, courchevel PLO8 and bigO into the mix? Wish you good luck and stay on the right side of the variance and don't lose six stacks in 200 hands like I did...
    • Coinseeker12321
      Coinseeker12321
      Gold
      THX Mate! Appreciate the kind words :f_drink:

Well i just played the plo 6max mtts today there but i also have some experience with plo8 and horse but not that much just some 2$ mtt cashes basic strategy
      actually the plo 6max mtts where the ones to mix it up with but i like the experience of new games because i feel like they widen your thinking and
      also sometimes help in your standard games
      Most of the time i play nlhl mtts if i play mtts ...liked the turbos lately because i am not so motivated to play 8 hours to bubble the FT or so

evry plo player knows those swings but yeah i think i am running pretty awesome yet but i try to dont tilt when running -EV
      hope you can turn it around soon!

Last session of the day: played some more 10€ plo 6max cash ...not so great start was 1 BI down very fast without doing much wrong... was a little nervous then because i thought damn i have to write i lost some bucks now in the blog...but managed to stay focused and turned it around to a small winning session
      BR: 137$ (+11$) 5$ was deposit bonus :)
      I had some minor mistakes like making one fold when I already was 10$ down to minimize my losses even if my gut said call...and was right:f_mad:
      For tomorrow i try to keep concentrated and be aggressive mainly in position and or with a good holding because these players give you so much information if youre sitting behind them :f_cool:

If someone is interested i can try to put up some handhistorys tomorrow , maybe some tricky spots and or just some to show how much value their is :f_cool:

Good night and may tomorrow be our day ;)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Coinseeker12321,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      Hey Coinseeker good luck with your challenge. :f_drink:

Seems you will get to 1000$ really fast :f_biggrin:
    • Coinseeker12321
      Coinseeker12321
      Gold
      So short update after playing 3 sessions plo (every session around 1hour i guess )
      I had really rough starts in the first two sessions getting bad cards mainly and just hitting flops when no1 else was interested
      and felt a little scared so havent been the aggressor in some spots where i should have been
      also i made 2 bigger mistakes later one which costed me the stacks each time ...so without them probably would have double the profit
      but still managed to go up even more ...hand selection pays off mainly and some really maniac shoves into me drawing dead

BR: 162$
      Profit: 25$
      Goal: 1000$

I try to keep more calm when facing card dead and trust my instincts when i think i am infront to go with the hand for all in
      to give the fish no chance to catch up with gutshot etc without paying max

Off topic: I add to my challenge playing 30mins of guitar per day because i like it and it keeps me well-adjusted i guess for poker and life :)
    • Coinseeker12321
      Coinseeker12321
      Gold
      Hey guys!
      Had another short session of plo and played some mtts but no cashs until playing the 2000€ First Depositor Freeroll
      where i got really deep.
      Finally finished in 2nd place for 300€ after losing all in with 66 vs 44 for 80% of the chips in play 3handed but i am still
      very happy with my performance :f_cool: and the luck of the cards.
      Looking forward to play this freeroll again ...really soft field and just 250players or so

BR: 489$
      Profit: 327$
      Goal: 1000$

For the next days i can now try to give plo 20 a shot and have enough of a BR to try out some mtts as well
      But i try to do not play to lazy on the plo tables ...just because i can afford it after a big win and that way finding myself oop against aggressive players
      with a marginal holding and lose multiple BI in a short time...
      happened to me sometimes after a big mtt win so i hope i have learned from that spewie behavior

Cheers and Have a nice evening! :f_drink:
    • Coinseeker12321
      Coinseeker12321
      Gold
      Thx Lazza and AgapieGheorghe !!
      Appreciate it :f_drink:
      Hopefully youre right about the speed of achieving my goal AgapieGheorghe :f_cool:
      And also good luck with you challenge ...looked like you also got a nice Week!
    • Coinseeker12321
      Coinseeker12321
      Gold
      Hey guys,
      After taking a break from poker yesterday, because I hadnt much time and thought i dont wanna overrush things after the nice score to try and win even more
      i thought i give it a try today and it all started horrible...took a shot at plo 20 and plo10 and got off to lose 70$ in like no time ...felt the blood rushing in my venes afterwards so i left the tables and tried to relax for 5 mins afterwards felt good again and stepped back in the game to get up 30$ again and now in the evening had another short session up to 493 $ again which i am very happy about.

So Success of the day to deal with bad run of cards and nearly no tilting ....yeah it would be better to not even need to leave the tables but its a start i would say :f_cool:

5 mins later ->

Have a nice evening!
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Coinseeker12321,

welcome to the BR challenge and sorry for the late hello!
      I will make it very easy and add your BR together and use the 1750 as a goal - so less hassle for all of us. Of course due to the currency differences it is not super accurate. But we are not doing a science project here and just want to win some monies :-)

CU,SvenBe
    • Coinseeker12321
      Coinseeker12321
      Gold
      Ok np mate
      So i will add up my 2 BR from Pokerstars and Ladbrokes from now on
      But first my day:
      After i studied for my exams i am having next week i thought i give it another try at plo20 on ladbrokes...but was really lazy and not focused during playing...
      So i lost about nearly 100$ pretty fast...but got back up 450$ later on by playing some more cashgames and min cashing an mtt
      Ladbrokes BR: 456$
      Profit: -37$

But on the other hand i played 2 more plo 6max mtts and managed to come pretty deep in the Omania 2500GTD today started at 2pm i think.
      It was really fun game to play and very interesting...i think my aggressive approach on the cashgame tables helped me to do pretty well in the mtt
      to apply pressure in the right spots.
      In the end i managed to take it down by making a deal in HU with 2/1 chiplead for 485$ :f_cool:
      So this way i really pushed my Pokerstars BR up
      Hope the luck stays with me :f_drink:

Stats:

Pokerstars BR :692$
      Profit: 467$

Overall BR: 1148$
      Total Profit today: 467$ - 37$ = 430$
      Goal: 1750$

I think for the next days i just try to play mtts if i have the time...just because i am extremely confident in them after my wins...now going to play my 30 mins of guitar:f_cool:

Cya and gl at the tables ! :f_drink:
    • Coinseeker12321
      Coinseeker12321
      Gold
      Another very nice mtt day so far.
      Even if i started with some 10$ plo zoom on pokerstars which went pretty well i still thought i give the mtts another shot after my latest succes on them

And again i managed to make it deep...this time 2 FT, one was a 180man 3,5$ rebuy turbo stg for 5th place worth 90$ and also i won
      a 5€ rebuy mtt on ladbrokes for 385$ :f_cool: :f_drink:
      So i am really confident in the moment and just try to bring my A game to the table to get the challenge done

Pokerstars BR: 761 $
      Profit: 69$

Ladbrokes BR: 812$
      Profit: 356$

Overall BR: 1573$
      Total Profit today: 425$

I just try to keep focused for the next days when playing even if i am so close to my 1st goal.
      Cya and gl!! :f_drink:
    • Coinseeker12321
      Coinseeker12321
      Gold
      So now 2 days later...hurts a little to write that but i have to say that i am probably to stupid well at least to undisciplined for plo
      at the moment....dont know why but yeah i lost some money with the cashgames while losing nearly nothing with mtts ...
      so i decide to pretty much only play mtts from now on...even the 180man turbo 2,5$ stgs where i already won 3 of them have a duration under 2 hours...so thats nice if i have not so much time and i am just doing pretty good at the mtts so why change

Pokerstars BR : 733$

Ladbrokes BR: 681$

Overall BR: 1414$

Total Profit last 2 days: -159$

Hopefully i manage to not play the plo cashgames
      And keep up the good mtt week :f_cool: :f_drink:
      Cya and gl at the tables!:f_drink:

I will still try to put some interesting mtt hands or plo cash hands in this blog so stay tuned!:f_cool:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      yeah PLO is very tempting, because you always got outs! But that in the end needs to let you be extra careful...

CU,SvenBe
    • Coinseeker12321
      Coinseeker12321
      Gold
      yeah youre right but thats probably why its better for me to stay with mtts for now.

Anyway i have played some mtts in the last days but not really alot to tell about. Just losing the flips when it matters to
      get really deep in the mtt and play for the real money so the biggest score i got was like 80$ from a 2nd place in a 180 man 2,5$ turbo.
      But because i have been in the money pretty often and also exchanged some of my points for rakeback(i got another 40$ their), I still managed
      to make a small profit. I even tried some higher mtts and felt pretty comfortabel with two pretty deep runs (up to 11$ Buy in i mean with higher :f_cool: ).
      Also i have got a one week extra poker tracker 4 trial to improve my game and give you guys some stats.
      2 problems their: - 1st is my pokerstars saved the handhistory in german language so pokertracker is unable to read
      -2nd he is just auto importing while playing if i am observing a table but not if i am playing at it ...didnt found the reason for that

Overall BR: 1466$
      Profit: 52$

• SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      You can message PokerStars to send you all hand histories as text files in english for a time period you'd like to have them for. So, you can import all your hands into PT4.
      For the second problem - please see our poker tools forum, 'netsrak' will help you there
    • Coinseeker12321
      Coinseeker12321
      Gold
      Hey guys as I had not much time the last days
      at least I have played some mtts today
      First of all the link to two handhistorys of me playing today :
      Blindbattle with Q3s
      QQ deepstacked in Sunday Storm

Feel free to comment on my plays there :f_cool:

Anyway again I just couldnt really make things work for me
      I got really close to the FT in the plo 6max Phoenix on Ipoker finishing 7th for just 43$ :f_mad:
      but i couldnt manage to make a really big run again just some cashes...

So the numbers: played 10 mtts

Overall BR: 1445$
      Profit: - 21$

So still 300$ to go but I will not have much time playing the next days because its exam-time :f_ugly:
      Hope you have a nice week and gl at the tables! :f_cool: :f_drink:
    • Coinseeker12321
      Coinseeker12321
      Gold
      Hey guys and girls!:f_cool:
      Still exam time so not to much going on...I had a horrible mtt session losing about 200-300$ :f_ugly:
      after that I bought myself the pokertracker 4 so graphs possible from now on! :f_cool:
      And I played a lot of 7$ spinandgos lately...but I think I am not having enough volume to get a spinlegend.
      I am sure running a little over EV at the moment and more important just won 175$ in a bigger multiplier to get me up :f_cool:
      I think the Chip EV Graph is the best here? I am not that familiar with Pokertracker yet, but it really helps me staying focused after losing some all ins
      because the Graph shows me I played it correct ...at least sometimes :f_cool:

Overall BR: 1425$
      Profit: - 20$

SpinandGoGraph

• Coinseeker12321
      Coinseeker12321
      Gold
      Hey guys and girls!:f_cool:
      nearly finished my exams now :f_drink:
      But I just played 2 mtt evenings ...again the big scores came in the small amount of Pot limit Omaha Mtts I did play.
      I won the PLO Phoenix on Sunday and got 3rd the day after :f_cool:
      But because I had a big volume I am still not done with my challenge but I am pretty close :f_drink:
      But I dont try to rush to avoid getting tilt :f_cool:

Overall BR: 1696$
      Profit: +270$