You cannot run away from weakness

• Inv1ctus83
      Inv1ctus83
      Bronze
      So I decided to join the blog job challenge and also the get rich or die tryin' challenge to hopefully inspire me to play more and grind myself out of micros. I'm 33 years old and I'm from Slovenia. I've been playing poker for about 10 years now, mostly in micros especially in the last few years.

I will play micro cash games for majority of the time and probably some tourneys in-between. I'm gonna start with only 40€ and I'll play on ipoker network. My get rich or die tryin' goal is 1000€.

The goal for the other challenge is to play 50k hands in the next month at 5bb/100 winrate. This opening post is not very extensive because I'm opening this blog mostly for myself. But if anyone will have any questions in the future I'll gladly answer them. I will also post some interesting hands in my updates as well as weekly graphs.

I will be adding some "life goals" in the following days, need to think a bit more about those. :f_cool:
  • 22 replies
    • Inv1ctus83
      Inv1ctus83
      Bronze
      Slow start for me, on monday I decided I'm gonna play nl5 speed tables on ipoker and I played around 800 hands which is obviously not a lot. On tuesday there was an update and I had some software issues so I played almost nothing. The issues continued today but I decided that I'm gonna play normal nl4 cash game tables instead. At least there is some bug fix coming in the following days. Overall I made a couple of buyins profit but I really need to start playing a lot more if I want to achieve any kind of goals.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      we want graphs :-)
      Welcome also from my side to our BR challenge.
      Your goal is ambitious in 2 ways - most people do not play 50k hands in a year...
      ...and 5bb/100...well,there is not too many of them!

See you and GL!
    • Inv1ctus83
      Inv1ctus83
      Bronze
      I'll post a graph tomorrow. Don't want to post graphs for every 500 hands I play. :D

My plan was to play speed tables and there 50k wouldn't be such a stretch, but since I had some software issues I switched to normal cash game tables and 50k is more difficult to achieve as least for me, because I only play 4 tables at once.

Concerning the 5bb/100 winrate I think it should be easily achievable on nl4, but maybe more difficult on nl10. I think there is a significant gap between the two. But it's been a long time since I put some serious playing hours in, can't even remember when was the last time I played over 25k hands in a month. :)

But hopefully joining your two challenges will motivate me to not be such a bum. :)
    • Inv1ctus83
      Inv1ctus83
      Bronze
      Wow the week is already over, how quickly it goes. :D I made nice profit but apart from that everything else was a misery. Especially the volume, since I only played 2422 hands. I played very well but I also ran superbly, didn't really get any hands cracked and stuff like that. It's a great start especially because I started with only 10 buyins for nl4 so now I can play more comfortably.

I've qualified for the 50k guaranteed 20€ buyin tourney through two satellites for only 20c which is great, hope I can make some money in the tournament which starts in about five minutes. I'll be back tomorrow with the Get rich... challenge report.
    • Inv1ctus83
      Inv1ctus83
      Bronze
      I didn't get into the money in the tourney, was really card dead the whole tournament and in the end I pushed with AQo but lost to Q9o, so what can you do. So now all that is left for me to do for the previous week is update the challenge.

Week 1

Hands: 2422
      Profit: +40,10€
      Bankroll: 80,10€
      Starting BR: 40€
      Goal: 1000€
    • Inv1ctus83
      Inv1ctus83
      Bronze
      The volume is a little bit bigger this week since I already played as many hands as in the previous week. But this is still very far from my goal. I usually like to play around 75 minutes sessions because after that I just seem to lose focus, so I take a break and come back again later. But yesterday there was this one really fishy player so I prolonged my session and I could just feel it, I wasn't really focused and in the end someone else got the buyin from the fish. :) But that's ok, coming back stronger today.

I also need to seriously lose some weight. At the current state I'm really unhealthy and I also feel like crap. Standard freaking winter where I find all types of excuses to not do some kind of sports. One day I go for a run in -5 degrees and the next I'm like it's too cold as if yesterday didn't even happen. So I need to set a goal for myself, how much weight I want to lose in a certain period of time. But more important I need far better conditioning, because tennis season will soon be upon us and I do love me playing some tennis. :)
    • Inv1ctus83
      Inv1ctus83
      Bronze
      Haven't played yesterday and today, so there is nothing to update. Will be back at the tables tomorrow. :f_cool:
    • Inv1ctus83
      Inv1ctus83
      Bronze
      Oh well, this week's volume was pathetic once again. First there is the weekly graph:

And here is the graph from the start of the bankroll challenge:

• Inv1ctus83
      Inv1ctus83
      Bronze
      Week 2

Hands: 2492
      Profit: +4,05€
      Bankroll: 84,15€
      Starting bankroll: 40€
    • Inv1ctus83
      Inv1ctus83
      Bronze
      Worst week out of the three, because I only played one day. Which amounts to only 672 hands. The graph from the start of the BR challenge:

• Inv1ctus83
      Inv1ctus83
      Bronze
      Week 3

Hands: 672
      Profit: +1,3€
      Bankroll: 85,45€
    • BadHabit1989
      BadHabit1989
      Bronze
      hey, great blog, great achievements so far and especialy great first week :)
      I am in the same playerpool and have tagged you as green (which is good!). Only 4-5 players are green so you are at the top 5 players i met within 20k hands so far :D

keep up the great work, i will keep reading :)

My plan was to play 1million hands in 2017 which would be no biggy for me but now i left the fast forward format and only play 6 reg tables at a time.
      So i make ~ 600 hands per hour so i think my goal is impossible to achieve :D
      i think aiming for 50k hands a month is a great goal on reg tables because it requires still alot of hours.

What do you think about the playerpool in gernal? It seems so fishy! But I had troubles to adjust in the beginning. They just hit their stuff and stick with it.
      Hopefully my overall gameplan will beat them now :)
    • Inv1ctus83
      Inv1ctus83
      Bronze
      Heh 1 million hands in a year would be rather nice yes. :) But I'm such a lazy f..... I only manage to get in 2k hands in a week. Player pool in general on nl5 is very weak, a lot of passive players who like to call A LOT. :D So the name of the game is value betting. It's really surprising to me what a big difference there is between nl5 and nl10 which is way more aggressive. I've been playing both lately, speed tables and regular ones. Depends what the traffic is like.

This week's graph:

Graph from the whole challenge:

• SmellTheCoffee
      SmellTheCoffee
      Bronze
      ooh I'm playing on ipoker too, ha so that's 3 of us at least :D

nice that you're still nicely in profit for your challenge =D good luck with volume goals this week :f_thumbsup:
    • Inv1ctus83
      Inv1ctus83
      Bronze
      Heheh thanks, same to you! Although this week I don't know if I'll have any time for poker at all, got some other stuff to work on, but I will try to play at least on some days.

So I need to update the bankroll challenge, lost some money and also made a small withdrawal.

Week 4

Hands: 2211
      Profit: -33,45€
      Bankroll: 52€
    • Inv1ctus83
      Inv1ctus83
      Bronze
      Didn't have any real time to play, and I think it's gonna be like that for at least another week if not two. Have a lot of work and I'm also helping to prepare 4 clay courts for the upcoming "outside" tennis season, can't wait! :D

Previos week's graph:

Also made a small withdrawal again so my BR is really smallish so I will make a deposit as soon as I have more time to play.

Week 4

Hands: 430
      Profit: -41,91
      Bankroll: 10,09€
    • Inv1ctus83
      Inv1ctus83
      Bronze
      Oh man I wish sometimes there was 48 hours in a day, or at least 36. :) But at least I got lucky in the 10k pair collector freeroll where I won 390€, so that is pretty awesome. Funny thing is I came home yesterday at 8pm and didn't even have any tickets for the freeroll, but I managed to get the two available playing some speed tables. And one of those tickets converted to 390€ :

Otherwise I played only 462 hands:

• Inv1ctus83
      Inv1ctus83
      Bronze
      Gotta make the bankroll challenge update, a bit ridiculous with that freeroll money, but I'll take it where I can. :)

Week 5

Hands: 462
      Profit: 390,37€
      Bankroll: 400,46€
    • BadHabit1989
      BadHabit1989
      Bronze
      haha great score! I pretty much had exactly the same thing happening to me :D but only 380$ for me ~.~ :D