New Video Section - Your Ideas & Suggestions

• Poll
    • What are the most important criteria for you when deciding which video to watch? [Max. 3]

Game type (NL, FL, SNG, MTT, Omaha..)
        Author / Video Coach
        Status (Bronze... Diamond)
        Video type (Session Review, Live Video)
        Date (How old / recent it is)
        Its Evaluation (good ... bad)
        The number of views
      Total: 107 Votes
    • SoyCD
      One of the next projects will be the revision of our video section. So that you are happy with the changes and we don't work into the wrong direction we want to integrate your wishes and ideas.

The Main Goals

1. Everybody should be able to quickly an overview of what videos are available - especially in the area of his specific interest

2. The navigation to specific videos

Additional goals, which might not be realised in the first step

3. Recommendations ("if you liked this video you might also like XYZ")

4. More interactivity between video producer and viewer (Comments are currently only really helpful during the first few days after the release)

5. More highlighting of the author ("What else did he makes? Does he maybe give coachings?)

6. Your idea?

Next to the questionnaire we are of course also thankful for your ideas & suggestions about interface, usability and navigation of the video section. Feel free to describe it using text, or to illustrate it. The latter is of course easier to understand and process.

This thread is not for discussing:
      Video content
      The video player itself
      Picture & Soundquality.
  • 8 replies
      Ok so what I gather then is that this thread is for our suggestions on the video sections?

If so I would like to suggest a user submission area, where we can upload our own videos
      directly to the site, both for the coaches to be able to review, or just for us to allow the
      other players and users of the forum to pick apart.

That is all thanks.
    • gaz639
      i agree, it would be great to upload video's for other members,coaches,judges to review. Maybe like the sample hand evaluation section of the forum or something, for session evaluation etc
    • kennyxx
      4. More interactivity between video producer and viewer...

When I don't understand something in a video, I have to search for thread about it on forum or create new one. I think would be nice to have official thread in strategy forums for every video category at least.

I mean link to that thread from video page
    • Kimber88
      I agree that it could be nice to have a "Member videos" area to upload directly to PokerStrategy would be nice.

The things I mainly look for when looking for a video is game type of course, and then for my limit and format. I like session reviews more than live because there is more time to discuss details. So that I also look for.
    • bakoy
      Separate MTT and SnG videos, and also, if possible many many more MTT videos! just 2 or 3 aren`t enough!!! We need more, and if possible, early and middle stages of the tournament too!

Many thanks :D
    • MP89EST
      There isnt any video about SH PLO, these are needed.
    • Joshquan
      I would be intrested in some Fixed Limit Tournament videos, (SnG + MTT) All the ones currently seem to be no-limit and there are a few Fixed limit tourneys out there :D
    • Tklimas
      I would be interested in sng videos, especially heads up! :)