In the Beginning: FL Series by Terrorblade

• 8 replies
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Have already watched the vid just wanted to add a comment here! If you are a FL n00b, then definatly watch this vid, I am ready and waiting for the 2nd. No pressure Terror! :P :D
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      I thought the video was excellent, as I mentioned in the comments the only issue I had was that Terrorblade was sitting at each table with $35 which is way beyond what most beginners will ever have at the table. Looking forward to #2.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Go TerrorBlade. :)
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jonaton
      I thought the video was excellent, as I mentioned in the comments the only issue I had was that Terrorblade was sitting at each table with $35 which is way beyond what most beginners will ever have at the table. Looking forward to #2.
      I think it is not so important... he can sit on .1/.2 tables with 2000$, there will be no difference in FL.
    • Calron
      Calron
      Bronze
      Originally posted by harleytopper
      Originally posted by Jonaton
      I think it is not so important... he can sit on .1/.2 tables with 2000$, there will be no difference in FL.
      This is true but keep in mind that you should always play with at least 12 BB, and you should rebuy anytime you fall below this threshold. This is because you can invest a maximum of 12 BB in a single hand. If you have less than this amount that it is possible that you will run out of money, and you will be unable to raise which could prevent you from winning a large pot. Usually the default amount to sit with is 25BB which is acceptable, and you won't have to worry about rebuying every hand if you lose.

As for the video, I think it's very informative. The video is able to apply content from the Beginner articles to practical situations. My only complaint is that I'm not able to see the SHC at some points so make sure that you place it into your filming area.

Cheers Terrorblade.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Thanks for your feedback all, I'm on holiday right now but I'm gonna resume production when I get back home.

In the future I will use the pokerstrategy "recommended" amount to buy in with and talk about why I buy in for double etc. and I apologise for the SHC being hard to see sometimes, I'm a bit of a video n00b and I'll try my best to keep it visible 100% of the time in my next videos ;)
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TerrorBlade
      I'll try my best to keep it visible 100% of the time in my next videos ;)
      Souldn't be a probelem IMO as people should have the SHC at their side at all times! :D
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      I have submitted episode 2, here's a link to the video feedback forum where I've created a thread for the series.

Link