Yes, Yes it is another FL Blog, Now with Bad BRM

• Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Well I guess i should start off with an introduction, my name surprisingly enough is Jonaton, I am 35 and live in Toronto Canada. Married, 3 kids and shockingly even to me have a grandchild at my age (well I was 33 and 4 days when she was born).

Ok so on to poker, I have played with actual money for about a year but really only stopped being a complete donkey a while after I found this site. I started off playing low limit sng's and mtt's and did fairly well, but it was completely impossible to make it through the bonuses on them so I started to play some NL cash games. Needless to say that started off poorly, 1 step forward 2 back so I switched to FL before I pissed all my profit away.

I am currently clearing bonuses at a couple rooms and may occasionally add something of interest but this will focus on the second bonus I recived from here at Mansion and my start playing FL20. Unfortunately I have not been able to get elephant to cooperate as it keeps telling me I need a password for the database (not the liscence). I'll figure that out soon hopefully so I can add graphs and hands.

My short term goals are and 2 of them I know are leaks that would make me more profitable.

( )Moving up to FL50 what I normally play now but not here with $50
      ( )Playing more aggressively, I should re-raise more often
      ( )Falling out of love with Axs, that rare miracle flop has been kind but I sill lose money overall with it

I'll do my best not to bore the life out of you and look forward to any advice or critisism you all can provide me. I play under the name Gawdless at Mansion so feel free to say hi in passing should we run into each other.

So starting bank roll is obviously $50 I played one session before tonight about 250 hands and oddly ended up back at $50 exactly. Played a nice session tonight 4 tabling. I played a total of only about 400 hands and ended the night up .

+77BB
      BR $65.55
  • 14 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Yes, yes it is! Nice to see it too mate! :D

I'm sure I don't need to say it... but... don't forget to play by the charts - 3 betting for the sake being more aggressive at full ring is just asking for trouble. :)

I look forward to watching your progress, good luck fella!
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Man 33 and a Grandpa... I'm not even sure if I will be a father at that age :D
      Good luck at poker. Nice to see another FL player around :)
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Another FL blog to read. Nice !! :D
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Ok well I still am having issues with getting Elephant to run so I will have to put up another vanilla posting.

Unfortunately today the two times I tried to play something seemed to come up so I only managed a whopping 120 hands. However they were pretty successful. I think stepping down a limit already has improved my general aggression. At the higher limit I was too prone to call with hands I should raise/re-raise with.

Fish moment of the day was 2 guys nicely bluffing my A/K flopped full house capping every betting round with absolutely nothing.

I only managed to get 2 tables set up before I had to quit the session (if you can even call it that) one was just SO juicy and the other I couldn't buy a pot on. Played 60 hands on the one and didn't win a single bet, fortunately the other one made up for it and I ended the day up.

+35BB
      BR 72.49
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Well I haven't posted in a while as I understood we had 6 months on the Mansion bonus even if it stated 2 months, so I finished up a different promotion and figured I had lots of time to clear up the 6500 points at Mansion. Well seems that was wrong and I basically have 30 days to clear them so this will now be me playing bad BRM at FL50 to try to get it finished. If it starts to run bad I will move down to FL20 but the points with 30 days to go were just coming too slowly as I have a somewhat limited amount of playing time per day due to other obligations. Unfortunately I still haven't been able to get Elephant up and running but am close to the licence so am hoping that will clear up the problem.

So far playing the bad BRM has been going well, admittedly I am playing like a nit but am coming out ahead overall. Also I am at least used to the limit as it is what I normally play elsewhere. One really nice feature about Mansion is how easy it is to clear this bonus, as I said I am plaing nitty and when I get maniacs at the table I clear a ton of points when I do nothing and usually get paid off when I finally do get a hand which has been nice so far.

The first goals I posted I feel I am doing pretty well with

(x) Move to FL50 (even if I am doing so with bad BRM)
      ( ) Play move aggressively, yes but hard to judge due to bad BRM at the moment
      (x) Fall out of love with Axs

So since I have a new start a guess a couple new goals are needed

( )Focus less on the $ per session and more on how I played the hands in general win or lose
      ( )Play longer sessions I tend to play a few short sessions a day as I focus too much on how the session is going and end it soon if it is going really well or poorly, I only tend to play longer if it is neutral oddly.

Bonus released $30
      Points earned 2050.85 (Club member)
      Needed to clear 4457.4
      BR since last update not including bonus released $110.35 +75BB
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      It was easy for me to clear bonus even on 0.1/0.2.
      Are you playing FL or SH?

And I'm not sure if that 50 in FL50 means anything :) There's no max BI in FL (or it's really big).
    • saywhat
      saywhat
      Bronze
      Nice to see you are doing well on the FL games on Mansion. I am currently playing on there as well.
      Also from Canada, just 30 min east of you.
      I have no doubt that you will hit your goals, and as long as you are constantly evaluating your play and reading the articles that PS have so kindly given us to improve our game, the future will shine bright.
      Look forward to reading your blog.

Good luck and hope to see you at the tables.
      And try to get the elephant program running it will definitely help, i had a real struggle with it but i don't play without it now. So very helpful
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Playing FR at the moment, I m sure if I had several hours a day to grind it out at FL20 I could do it but sadly family time just outranks poker time. If I can manage to get 2 hours of uninterupted play a day I am doing good.
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Nightmare hand on a maniac table

Since I dont have elephant I am going to recreate this as best I can, on this table honestly position mattered for squat, I got on to play tight and collect points from the crazies. This was the 3rd hand I saw at the table and while I knew it was loose I had no idea it was this mental.

Hero is dealt A :spade: A :diamond:

Preflop capped 5 see the flop of
      Pot total $5

7 :heart: 5 :diamond: 10 :heart:

I raise and the pot is capped with 4 callers
      Pot$13

Turn is

10 :diamond:

I check call in another capped round
      Pot$21

River is

5 :heart:

making a full house for any 5 or 10 as well as completing the flush draw. I check fold as it is capped yet again.

Maniac 1 shows A :heart: K :diamond:
      Maniac 2 shows A :club: 2 :club:
      Maniac 3 shows J :diamond: 7 :diamond:

Maniac 3 wins final pot of $27 with a mothefucking pair of 7's

I just couldn't imagine my aces were still good with that board, should I have called the last $2 when under any normal circumstances I should be beat? Even with good pot odds there really should be no expectaion that I can possibly win the hand.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey Jonaton

Your fold is good... in fact a turn fold is justified IMO as a set / two pair is too likely and you only have four outs (not sure on the pot odds - of course if you're getting better than 10:1 it will have to be a call).

When the 5:heart: hits river you loose to any flush, 5x, Tx, 77 as you note. You just can't see yourself ahead four way. I think even in a pot this size its a fold.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jonaton

Pot total $5

Pot$13

Turn is

Pot$21

River is

making a full house for any 5 or 10 as well as completing the flush draw. I check fold as it is capped yet again.

Actually a flush............. :D
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      Originally posted by Jonaton

Pot total $5

Pot$13

Turn is

Pot$21

River is

Actually a flush............. :D
      I think you're looking at the ace of diamonds in my hand .
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Not much of an update really.

Well so far the Mansion experience has been a bit of a disaster. As I mentioned before I made the mistake of thinking I had 6 months to clear the bonus then found out it was 60 days, of course 2 days later my internet goes down for 10 days and now I find that it is very unlikely that I will finish the bonus. So I will play to 5000 points then I will withdraw and move the funds to my main roll which I have now moved to Pokerstars, my new home.

I am still about 35 points shy of my elephant liscence so not able to provide any graphs yet, they would be ugly as, as I also mentioned I have been playing out of my bankroll to at least make it through some of the bonus resulting in me playing too much as "scared money".

I did save the one hand at least as this guy was just like an ATM for the table

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/JonatonLome/untitled2-1.jpg

I will probably change this blog in the near future as once I finish this last bonus at Mansion I will be playing almost no cash games anymore (other than Badugi) and will be going back to MTT's where I started and the only place I have been much of a winning player.

So overall the Bankroll at Mansion has dwindled down unfortunately and I took a normal downswing for the limit I am playing. Bankroll overall is actually doing better than I thought since I have run it through so many rooms and really am such a piss poor cash player. But since it was only the original 50+40 I cleared from Titan it's not too bad. I thonk once Mansion and the other site are finished I may run that through one last room, anyone have any suggestions for easy bonuses?

Mansion $89.15 $50 bonus remaining
      Pokerstrategy disapproved site $124.75 $40 Bonus remaining
      Pokerstars-$360 $50and $75 bonuses remaining
      Total BR $788.95
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      I have a couple good things to report on. Mansion for some reason has extended my bonus by 6 months so I now can take my time and go back and play properly there and use proper BRM. I signed up before they were supposed to extend it but I asked anyways and they did it so thats good.

Also a nice little bankroll boost here. Well it took me about 35k hands of $.05/$.10 stud, stud hi lo and razz but I managed to waste a month on this rake race and came out $700 up. Leading this month as well by a long shot so hoping for another $700 at the end of this month. As well where I am playing I will make Platinum level and have 2x$250 cash rewards at the end. Since it is on raked hands and stud has an ante almost every single hand I play is raked. In the end I lost $20 at the tables but am okay with that.

Total BR 1474.90