Kimber's blog of diverse poker - Stud Hi/Lo

• Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze

Welcome

Introduction
      As the title states this is my 3rd blog. It is also my last. This time is different from the other two blogs in more ways. First of all I have played Fixed Limit for more than 2 months now, and I'm getting better and better. The other two blogs I started literally the same day I started playing.

My main goal with this blog is to keep better track of my results and to become a better player by getting constructive criticism from you guys.

It will be a blog containing videos of my play. I hope I will get to record a lot of videos and post them here. It will be both live videos and session reviews along with some other specials from time to time - I've got plenty of ideas.

The videos will not be educational videos at first, as I still have tons of stuff to learn and I still make tons of errors. It will be videos that I hope someone will watch and then get back to me and tell me about the spots where they think I played bad. They will be many spots in the beginning, but as I progress I hope people will start learning from my videos, rather than teach me :)

Briefly about me
      As this is not my first blog I will not use many lines on this, just really short:
      Name: Anders
      Education: studying Computer Science

My game
      - Fixed Limit Hold-em
      - 0.25/0.50
      - SH 0.50/1 FR

I mix it up a bit, because I'm playing at Cake Poker and sometimes there are no tables available at 0.25/0.50 SH.

Short Term Goals
      :diamond: Play on Cake Poker until the end of February to get a lot of RB and clear the bonus (Canceled - couldn't take it anymore. Needed fresh air)
      :diamond: Establish myself as a winning player on 0.25/0.50 SH
      :diamond: Move up to 0.50/1 SH
      :diamond: Get my gold status back (won't happen anytime soon, as I'm not tracked on Stars)
      :diamond: Find my next site (PokerStars)
      :diamond: Look myself in the eyes at the end of each week and say: "You played your A-game - be proud of yourself"
      :diamond: Spend more time studying the game
      :diamond: Make a lot of videos

Long Term Goals
      :spade: Become a winning player on 2/4 SH
      :spade: Make platinum status
      :spade: Make Diamond status
      :spade: Be able to handle sessions with big losses with an attitude like: "I played my A-game - I'll take the money in the long run"

So why is the last one a long term goal? It's because I have a very hard time handling bad beats and variance. And it gets even worse because I sometimes play hands with slightly -EV. And then a small preflop mistake becomes a big postflop mistake because I get a mediocre hand and I'm dominated. So when those two things combine I get mad, sad and just want to throw my mouse into the wall to blow off some steam.

The latter is a leak in my game that I am plugging - or trying at least. But the first one is an attitude problem, that I need to work hard on. And I can't do that from one day to the other - or week for that matter.

Monetary Goal
      :heart: Be able to say that I don't necessarily have to take a summer job because of the money

This is not because I don't want a job. But because I want the freedom to be able to choose for myself. It will not be a goal that I just have to make, but it would be a really nice bonus.

Videos
      Video 1 - 0.25/0.50 SH + 0.5/1 FR
      Video 2 - 0.25/0.50 SH + 0.04/0.08 SH

Lifetime Stars Graph: (as of Feb 24th 2009)

Let It Begin
      Thanks for reading this far. I hope my blog will be worth reading in the long run, as well as in the beginning.

Regards,
      Kimber88
  • 53 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Hi Anders;

I hope this blog will stay alive for a looong time (not like previous ;) ).

Good luck with your goals!

btw: if you reach 2/4 SH, your monetary goal will be achieved for sure..
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Yeah, You finally started it :D

GL with Your goals, I'm going tro read this regularly, keep us updated ;)
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Someone decided to take it very serious :D Good luck;)

slikec

P.S.: I will be checking your blog toooooooo(i am not FL player).
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by slikec

slikec

Thanks.

And I know. You're a NL10 SH regular at Cake :)
      (I guess Sl1kec is you :) )

Oh, and thx to Opal and Kenny for reading too :)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Good luck with FL ;)
      I added your blog in this thread:
      Fixed Limit Blogs
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Update 1

Since I started this blog now I figured I better make some updates from time to time :) Here's the first one.

My updates won't be great and colorful in the beginning since I don't have software, because of the rules on Cake, But I'll Make some updates anyway and try to make them as nice to read as possible.

Yesterday
      Yesterday was a b/e day. I tried to recover from a ~80BB loss from the day before, but quickly lost some more. I managed to stay focused and make it back to b/e.

February
      In February I have played a total of ~4700 hands just about b/e. If we include January however it's about 10K hands for a total profit of $200 on 0.25/0.50 SH, 0.5/1 FR and some 0.04/0.08 SH when I just felt like playing and couldn't find other tables.

I'm quite pleased that I can be serious while playing down to 8c BB and still focus on the game even though I'm playing with over 4000 BB.

Tonight
      I will play some SH 0.25/0.50 on Cake tonight and record it. I'll do my very best to comment on the hands, and get the video uploaded ASAP.

That's all for now. Good luck at the tables.

One last thing. I have decided to post some vids from my Youtube favorites from time to time. Here's the first one. It's Boyce Avenue performing Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. Check out these guys - they have some great acoustic covers.

Regards,
      Kimber88

Edit:
      The video has been recorded and will be online tomorrow. I will put it up both as wmv and avi, because the avi gets much bigger and will take a long time to download if you don't have Premium Rapidshare account.

It's not a very good video, since I really have to get used to talking about my decisions, but it's a start, and I'll get better fast enough :)

See you tomorrow.
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      dude , i would like to be an winner player in FL also , but i see that there is a lot of material to study.. every section has an own SHC , and a lots of stuff....
      how much do you study per day?
      gratz on the achievements
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by Kimber88
      Originally posted by slikec

slikec

Thanks.

And I know. You're a NL10 SH regular at Cake :)
      (I guess Sl1kec is you :) )

Oh, and thx to Opal and Kenny for reading too :)
      Hehe lol. Well you got me there.

I played few donkaments earlier today at FL1/2 SH which was bad idea although 4 of 5 players were raising like crazy with Q J high sometimes. Against me they had hands :D Well i lost 30$ and gained them back at NL10 SH;)
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Hi Kimber, nice blog you have in here. I'm pretty sure you'll maintain your great attitude and achieve your goals in no-time.

I don't play FL at all, but I'll try to keep an eye on this blog and watch your progress. Good luck!
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LPLDS
      dude , i would like to be an winner player in FL also , but i see that there is a lot of material to study.. every section has an own SHC , and a lots of stuff....
      how much do you study per day?
      gratz on the achievements
      I don't study nearly enough. But lately I have started re-reading articles and watching more videos. I think that in the past I have used around 10 minutes per day studying. Now I'm closer to averaging 30 minutes.

Still I should study more. But that will probably be very obv in the video I will post later today.

Originally posted by radyan111
      Hi Kimber, nice blog you have in here. I'm pretty sure you'll maintain your great attitude and achieve your goals in no-time.

I don't play FL at all, but I'll try to keep an eye on this blog and watch your progress. Good luck!
      Thanks for the comment :)

Now let's kick some ass in the BOTD :D

Bronze
      Good luck Anders. :)

I haven't a clue when it come to FL, so hopefully will learn a lot from your blog.

Bart.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Video Update

Hey guys.

The wmv file is up and ready, so I'll post that now. It will come up later as AVI as well.

FLSH 0.25/0.50 Cake Poker

wmv:
      Click here to download

avi:
      coming soon...

regards,
      Kimber88
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Nice start to the blog fella! Like the style!

Remember, if you get minrazed in the BOTD and you recognize the handle of the villian raising, you may be in SERIOUS trouble - team "We minraze you" will be a serious threat! :evil:

I'm sure that, as long as you avoid that seriously unfortunate piece of luck, you will go deep.. er... play really well in the BOTD. Best of luck!
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kimber88
      FLSH 0.25/0.50 Cake Poker

wmv:
      Click here to download

Will download and have a look :)
      How's FL play on Cake Poker anyway?
      Enough tables to play?
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Almost no tables to play. I'll leave the site when I have cleared my bonus.

The game isn't too tough though.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Good luck Anders. :)

I haven't a clue when it come to FL, so hopefully will learn a lot from your blog.

Bart.
      Hey Bart,

just saw you reply now. Thanks for stopping by :)

I hope I will be able to teach somebody something in the future, but as for now I'm in the learning process myself :)

Regards,
      Kimber88
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Yeah, I thought so.
      There are only three (technically 4) sites where you can "normal" play FL.
      Stars, Party and Mansion/Titan (same network).

Every other smaller sites don't have enough FL tables. Not even site like Full Tilt.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      I think FT has decent traffic on the FL tables. I play there once in a while. It's best to play when all the Americans get home from work :D
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Nice blog so far took awhile in the making :)

Jus downloading the video...

I play FL at fulltilt and I think its actually got quite good traffic but 25c/50c is the lowest thats played there.