[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR (SSS) - A,10o in Bu - steal and re-raise?

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      MP3:
      $1.85
      MP2:
      $9.89
      UTG+1:
      $2.05
      SB:
      $2.01
      UTG:
      $6.38
      BB:
      $1.84
      CO:
      $2
      Hero:
      $2.73
      MP1:
      $5.49
      UTG+2:
      $1.95

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:diamond: , A:club:
      2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, SB raises to $2.01 (All-In), 2 folds, Hero calls $1.41.

Flop: ($4.27) 2:diamond: , 9:diamond: , 8:spade:
      Turn: ($4.27) 3:club:
      River: ($4.27) T:spade:

Final Pot: $4.27

Was the steal out of line? If that was alright, should I have folded to the re-steal?
      Thanks
  • 7 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Was the steal out of line? If that was alright, should I have folded to the re-steal?
      Thanks
      This depends upon how your opponents play. Normally though, the fact that you raised a limper means that the SB is more likely to actually have a decent hand.

When your stack is >25BB's it is better to stay away from marginal spots by playing super-tight and just wait to take your chips off the table.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hello Tim,

You want to steal against tight opponents, because they will fold to your raise. SB here is very loose (50% vpip), so he's not the ideal villain for a steal, he'll very often call or raise you. Besides there is a limper from UTG which is also not good. Seek to steal from tight opponents when you are the first to enter the pot.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello TIm264,

I suggest you Re-Read the articles again because ATo is not a qualifying starting hand for basic SSS, it causes more trouble than a profitable way of playing :) Maybe a funny quote which is most of the times true: 'Only play AceTen on the BlackJack tables!'

As played, fold to his shove ;)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Thanks for the input, guys.

I'm trying to attend a coaching session on SSS but can't find one for Party Poker at the moment. Trying to understand when blind stealing is recommended?

Dandycal, I see what you mean about the limper making it less viable, but what do you mean about SB being loose and ref 50% vpip? Probably I'm missing s/thing trivial again, but how can I know that SB is loose?

Cheers,
      T
    • barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      Hi,

just download Full Tilt Poker client from http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/download.php, install and come to today's SSS coaching held by IngolPoker. You don't have to register at FTP, just open the client and select "Observe".

BH
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Cheers mate - saw you there!
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Dandycal, I see what you mean about the limper making it less viable, but what do you mean about SB being loose and ref 50% vpip? Probably I'm missing s/thing trivial again, but how can I know that SB is loose?

Cheers,
      T
      I just realised you are probably playing without stats. I was referring to the SB vpip statistics (http:///) which mean that he is a very loose player. But as you are playing without stats, then do not steal.

You can re-steal against unknown players though, by pushing against any open-raise from late position with AJ+, 88+.