This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR (SSS) - A,10o in Bu - steal and re-raise?

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      MP3:
      $1.85
      MP2:
      $9.89
      UTG+1:
      $2.05
      SB:
      $2.01
      UTG:
      $6.38
      BB:
      $1.84
      CO:
      $2
      Hero:
      $2.73
      MP1:
      $5.49
      UTG+2:
      $1.95

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:diamond: , A:club:
      2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, SB raises to $2.01 (All-In), 2 folds, Hero calls $1.41.

Flop: ($4.27) 2:diamond: , 9:diamond: , 8:spade:
      Turn: ($4.27) 3:club:
      River: ($4.27) T:spade:

Final Pot: $4.27

Was the steal out of line? If that was alright, should I have folded to the re-steal?
      Thanks
  • 7 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Was the steal out of line? If that was alright, should I have folded to the re-steal?
      Thanks
      This depends upon how your opponents play. Normally though, the fact that you raised a limper means that the SB is more likely to actually have a decent hand.

When your stack is >25BB's it is better to stay away from marginal spots by playing super-tight and just wait to take your chips off the table.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hello Tim,

You want to steal against tight opponents, because they will fold to your raise. SB here is very loose (50% vpip), so he's not the ideal villain for a steal, he'll very often call or raise you. Besides there is a limper from UTG which is also not good. Seek to steal from tight opponents when you are the first to enter the pot.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello TIm264,

I suggest you Re-Read the articles again because ATo is not a qualifying starting hand for basic SSS, it causes more trouble than a profitable way of playing :) Maybe a funny quote which is most of the times true: 'Only play AceTen on the BlackJack tables!'

As played, fold to his shove ;)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Thanks for the input, guys.

I'm trying to attend a coaching session on SSS but can't find one for Party Poker at the moment. Trying to understand when blind stealing is recommended?

Dandycal, I see what you mean about the limper making it less viable, but what do you mean about SB being loose and ref 50% vpip? Probably I'm missing s/thing trivial again, but how can I know that SB is loose?

Cheers,
      T
    • barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      Hi,

just download Full Tilt Poker client from http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/download.php, install and come to today's SSS coaching held by IngolPoker. You don't have to register at FTP, just open the client and select "Observe".

BH
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Cheers mate - saw you there!
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Dandycal, I see what you mean about the limper making it less viable, but what do you mean about SB being loose and ref 50% vpip? Probably I'm missing s/thing trivial again, but how can I know that SB is loose?

Cheers,
      T
      I just realised you are probably playing without stats. I was referring to the SB vpip statistics (http:///) which mean that he is a very loose player. But as you are playing without stats, then do not steal.

You can re-steal against unknown players though, by pushing against any open-raise from late position with AJ+, 88+.