Fold Equity vs Pot odds sng

• hev27
      hev27
      Bronze
      Given a situation where you are 5 handed in the bb and you have 2000 chips after posting the blind at 200/400. And the co or button push making the pot 1100 another 500 to call. What holding should you call with or should you fold to maintain your fold equity and look to get yor money in a better situation.

If the pusher is tight and when the pusher is loose.
  • 2 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Your example does not make sense. If you already posted 400 and you have to call 500 the button would have to push for 900 which would make the pot 1500 not 1100. It's a very easy call with any 2 the odds are just too great to fold IMO.
      To answer your question I would say that I tend to make the call when I have more than 2:1 odds. Of course you lose you FE if you lose but you have very little left anyway and you are ITM most of the time if you win. There are spots where I would fold, though, like there being 1 huge stack and two very short players and then you and the aggressor with midstacks. I would probably ignore the odds there and fold and just wait for the shorties to bust.
      I don't think that him pushing loose or tight changes whole lot, TBH. even the tihgtest of pushers doesn't have you always dominated and when the odds are better than 2:1 you actually gain chips even if you are dominated. So I base my decisions on the size of the stacks and the situation at the table rather than the pushing range of my opponent here..

Hope it helped at leat a little..
    • hev27
      hev27
      Bronze
      yes sorry got the figures wrong there.

This is what i have been doing given similar situations, it just leaves you short when it doesn`t work out.