Limit on Mansion

• straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Background Info

My name is matt and Im from canada. I joined pokerstrategy in July 2008. I received my initial startup capital on partypoker. Since then I have just been playing on there. I also received the second starting capital on mansion last month and am in the process of clearing the bonus money on there, just like alot of other ps players on here. Also got a deposit bonus going on pokerstars.

Games that I play

I play both NL and FL ring games. At the moment Im playing alot of fixed limit. Im also playing alot of sit n gos as well. To date haven't really played that many actual tournaments, hopefully I can play in a few in the future.

Why I've decided to bonus whore?

Every poker site offers a first deposit bonus and some even offer rakeback. That money is available for the taking, I might as well take advantage of it until I can build up a good size bankroll.

Goals for the rest of the year

Right now I have about $500 in my poker bankroll combined on party, mansion and pokerstars. I want to turn that $500 into at least 5k by the end of the year. With my profit at the end of the year I want to be able to take a nice vacation in December for the holidays. The whole holiday get together thing is getting kinda old for me. LOL. I need a break. Haha.

Pokerstrategy affilitates

By the end of the year I want to clear bonuses on cake, inter and everest.

Matt.
  • 114 replies
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Partypoker

Got enough points now to cash out a $50 bonus. I could get the $100 buy a bonus but Im too busy on mansion and stars. Think I might make a cash out soon on there too. Im going to leave some money in my account since I like to use the partybets website. Actually I hit a couple of bets today and increased by br by like $50.

Mansion

Why does mansion support always lie to me? I received my startup capital there on the 14th but the bonus didn't appear till the 16th. I earned about 160 points on the 14th and 15th and those points were never applied towards the bonus.

So I was talking to mansion live support the other day and the girl told me that once I reach 1300 mcp's those 160 points would be added to my account along with my next $10 bonus. Well I reached 1300 mcp's today and nothing. The points weren't added and no $10 bonus. Lesson learned never ask mansion support for help, its a waste of time. LOL.

I'll post where I actually am at mansion and stars at the end of my post.

On mansion right now Im playing FL50 FR. Playing about break even on there right now.

For about my first 4600 hands on there I was running at a loss of about $10. Since then I read and applied the article on advanced preflop play which has really helped my game. Over my last 1100 hands Im up about $10. So break even basically.

Pokerstars

Made a deposit on stars yesterday and am going to clear the bonus by the $1 sit n gos. Going okay so far. Today I played sit n gos, FL and NL ring games.

Its so hard on there to accumulate ffp's at the low levels.

Mansion
      Mcp's collected 1319.30 (77.85 collected today)
      Mcp's needed 6500.00
      % completed 20.3%

Pokerstars
      Fpp's collected 6
      Fpp's needed 494
      % completed 1.21%

Plan for the next couple of months

Collect 150-200 points on mansion per day.
      Collect at least 10 fpp's on stars per day.
      Complete stars bonus and withdraw money from there and party.
      Deposit maximum on mansion once startup capital is cleared.

Let the fun begin. LOL.

Matt.
      Bronze
      Good luck on your Challenges.

If you are decent at SNGs, I would suggest four tabling the $1.50+.25 18 mans
      on Stars. The payout structure is better rakewise, and the games are so insanely easy
      to beat. 4th place pays. You can build enough of a roll to move up to the $3s pretty fast.

Some people use the $1.10 DONS and multi table them to get the FPPs quicker.

Im not a fan of that.

Hope you can crack your bonuses at once sounds tricky.
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Originally posted by 8979687
      Good luck on your Challenges.

If you are decent at SNGs, I would suggest four tabling the $1.50+.25 18 mans
      on Stars. The payout structure is better rakewise, and the games are so insanely easy
      to beat. 4th place pays. You can build enough of a roll to move up to the $3s pretty fast.

Some people use the $1.10 DONS and multi table them to get the FPPs quicker.

Im not a fan of that.

Hope you can crack your bonuses at once sounds tricky.
      Hey thanks.

Think I will stick to the $1 don's for now though. Took a bit of a hit to the br today.

Matt.
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Had a bit of a rough day at pokerstars today. Clearing that bonus isn't easy at the lower levels. Think its going to take me awhile. LOL. Played a couple of stt's, that went okay. Went out of br management to play at higher levels and earn more points, I won't be doing that again anytime soon. Haha. Learned my lesson. I still have lots of money on there to recover though.

Had an okay day at mansion though. I should earn another $10 bonus there tomorrow. Im actually in plus money on there now. LOL. Was playing badly in the beginning. Im on the right track now though.

Awhile back I got this email from mansion saying that after the two months I would just have to contact them and they will extend the bonus to six months. Im not sure whether to believe them or not. Ask three different people something on there and you get three different answers back. LOL. Shouldn't be a problem anyways, Im going to clear the bonus money in two months anyways.

Mansion
      Mcp's collected 1440.75 (121.45 collected today)
      Mcp's needed 6500.00
      % completed 22.2%

Pokerstars
      Ffp's collected 41
      Ffp's needed 494
      % completed 8.3%

Matt.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Man, I wish we could get a straight answer on that Mansion bonus for once!

Its tiring grinding that bonus on NL10!
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Alot of players on ps don't like mansion. There support is terrible and ipoker software is crappy. Call me crazy but I really don't mind it so much. I think the fishy players on fixed limit make up for it. Im definitely going to deposit once I've cleared my bonus money on there.

Cleared another $10 increment on mansion today. So far thats $20 I've cleared now. And Im about another 400 points away from making club level on there. Maybe in a couple of days I can get there.

I hear alot of people on party are getting freebie bonuses on there this month. I didn't get one. All I got was a 25% reload offer, I might be depositing some money on there this month. Im in the process of setting up my moneybookers account and want to deposit that way so I can move my money around easier as well as getting a small bonus from party.

Don't think I'll be clearing the pokerstars bonus anytime soon. LOL. I played 2 don stt's today, came in the money both times. And I also played 2 $1 regular and came in 3rd and out of the money the other time. Think I will play a few more on there before I call it a day. Man I hate the $1 don's on stars, everyone just folds till the blinds get high and turns into a crapshoot.

Results for Febuary

Hands played 5422
      Profit/Loss -$2.00

In the beginning I was playing quite badly which explains the near break even mark in Febuary. So far in March I've played 707 hands and am up $9.14. My play has gotten alot better.

Mansion
      Mcp's collected 1594.60 (153.85 collected today)
      Mcp's needed 6500.00
      % completed 24.53%
      Bonus cleared $20.00

Pokerstars
      Fpp's collected 49 (8 collected today)
      Fpp's needed 494
      % completed 9.92%

matt
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I have 2 stars on my Mansion VIP status now, any idea what this means and what benefits it brings? I couldnt find much info on their site.
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      I have 2 stars on my Mansion VIP status now, any idea what this means and what benefits it brings? I couldnt find much info on their site.
      Hey brood. Thanks for writing in my blog.

Theres lots of info on mansionpoker.com. The six vip star levels listed on there are player, club, pro, elite, platinum and diamond. You would be club level right now. At club level you receive a 50% boost to your mcp's. You have to reach 2000 mcp's for club level. The only difference between player level (first level) and club is that you get a points boost, a welcome freeroll, and are able to use the points shop to purchase things.

You will reach pro level when you reach 8000 mcp's (boost points included I think) and will receive a 150% boost to your points. Example: 8000 mcp's = 20000 mcp's.

You also get another boost to your points if you can maintain your level for three months in a row. 15000 mcp's for club level after three months, and 50000 mcp's for six months, that is if your still playing on there. LOL. Btw it costs 60000 mcp's to exchange for $100 cash. You could easily get that though if you maintain pro level for three months in a row. Lots of play though.

Brood do you play FL at all. I heard everyone was complaining about how tight NL was. Im currently playing out of brm, shhh don't tell anyone okay. LOL. FL is really fishy. If your tired of grinding NL give FL a try. Im currently playing FL50 taking $5 to each table. And playing pretty tight at the tables. Just waiting for good hands and calling raises with pairs and suited cards which pay off huge when you hit. I was looking at your blog yesterday and you could afford to play a couple of FL tables with the roll you have. Think about it.

Today on mansion I played 305 hands total and collected 153.85 points. Works out to be about 0.5 points per hands. I play Fr. How is the ratio on NL? Is it better or worse then my numbers on FL?

Best regards,

Matt.
    • londonsystem
      londonsystem
      Silver
      I believe you're playing $1.10 turbo DoN STT on stars. They might be good for FPP, but not that much profitable, IMO.

The $1.15 regular STT is not profitable at all unless you get ITM 65%-70% and it is quite hard in the long run. I don't find $1.10 turbo that tight, but if you're playing at a table with many regulars (yes, many people are multi-tabling these), it becomes ridiculously tight.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by straddler71

Today on mansion I played 305 hands total and collected 153.85 points. Works out to be about 0.5 points per hands. I play Fr. How is the ratio on NL? Is it better or worse then my numbers on FL?

Matt.
      I dont have exact numbers atm but at NL10 FR I get much less points than you. I think its around 100 points per 2 hrs but sometimes it goes way up to 150 points depending on how loose the players are and the size of stacks. I think I posted some numbers in my blog, Im too lazy to calculate right now. =S

btw, I think not being able to protect against suckouts at FL would frustrate me.
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Bit of a weird at mansion today. I was up about $9 faily quickly then dipped back into negative numbers with some bad beats and eventually got it back up to about $9 by the end of the day. LOL. Everything evens out in the end I guess. Hehheh.

I think from now on Im just going to list my mansion results at the end of my posts. My stars bonus is going to be a work in progress and won't have it cleared for quite awhile. LOL. That is if I don't bust out first. LOL. I don't think that will happen though. I don't really like playing at stars anyways, not enough fishies on there.

Just think out loudly here. At the rate Im going on mansion right now I don't think there will be any problem with clearing the bonus on there in two months even though they say I get an extension on it if I need it. But I don't think I want to be playing on there for the whole day. Im thinking about getting another bonus going next month.

When I get my moneybookers account going thinking of depositing on party so I can get a cashout from there and depositing on everest and signing up for the $200 bonus on there. Don't think I'll get going on that till next month though. Still have awhile to think things through though. Hehheh.

Mansion
      Mcp's collected 1738.95 (144.35 collected today)
      Mcp's needed 6500.00
      % completed 26.75%
      Bonus cleared $20.00 so far.
      Will receive next bonus at about 2107 mcp's

Matt.
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Hmmm think I might lose my gold status this month. Just not generating enough strategy points at mansion right now.

Had a losing day at mansion today. First time thats happened in over a week. Not too much though. Less then two dollars so thats not too bad. I'll be reaching club level tomorrow. Only about 142 more mcp's to go. Should clear another $10 bonus in a couple of days on there.

Placed a wager on partybets tonight on the NHL. It came in and added about $25 to my party br. Actually lots of underdogs came in tonight, should have bet on some more games but Im happy with the one game I did bet on.

So I was searching on the internet tonight about poker sites that belong to the ipoker network. Theres quite a few of them actually. Just looking to see what kind of first deposit offers are out there. Most of them are 100% up to $600, a few of the sites are less. And most of them give you three months to clear.

I've found that you can get better deals if you go through affilitate sites such as pokerstrategy. The actual offers found on the poker sites can be lower than affiliates.

Must have been about 30 different sites I was looking at tonight. And thats just the ipoker network. There sure are alot of poker sites out there nowadays. Its going to be quite a challenge going to each one.

Mansion
      Mcp's collected 1857.95 (119.00 collected today)
      Mcp's needed 6500.00
      % completed 28.58%
      Bonus cleared $20 so far
      Will receive next bonus at about 2107 Mcp's

Later,

Matt.
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Got off to a good start on mansion today but things turned ugly real quick in my evening session. Only down about $10 for the day, so not too bad I guess. So many suckouts and hands not holding up today. Cleared another $10 increment today too. Actually played my longest session on there today. Im about a third of the way done now.

Got my verification letter today in the mail from moneybookers. I have my address verified now and all I have to do is register my credit card with them and I will be all ready to go.

I guess the forum was down for a bit today. Tried getting on and reading some threads but it wouldn't show any posts. Thought it might have been a problem with my browser or something but it looks like everything is fixed now.

Mansion
      Mcp's collected 2170.10 (312.15 collected today)
      Mcp's needed 6500.00
      % completed 33.39%
      Will receive next bonus at about 2757 mcp's

Matt.
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Haven't updated in a couple of days, just being lazy. LOL. Didn't get to play all that much on the weekend. After a bad day on friday I had a pretty good saturday and sunday. Up almost $20 since friday.

Cleared another $10 increment and finally reached 2000 mcp's but I won't be upgraded in rank till the beginning of next month.

Im not in a big hurry to clear the bonus on mansion but Im sure I will clear it in two months though. I have till april 17th. I signed up on mansion a little later then everyone else thats why Im a little bit behind.

By the time I have the mansion bonus cleared if I can have about $200 in my account I would be happy. With the $300 deposit I would be making after it would give me about $500 to play around with. When I actually attempt that bonus think most of my play will be coming on FL100. To clear that $600 bonus on mansion you only have sixty days to complete it. I would have to clear an $10 increment per day. So thats at least 650 mcp's a day I would have to get. Thats quite a bit. Don't think I can clear the whole thing at FL50 unless I played over 1k hands per day. Its doable at that limit but having to always wait around for tables is the bad thing.

Not off to a good start today though. Down about a buy in but will play two more sessions today and try and get it back.

Results since last update.
      Mansion
      Mcp's collected 2390.05
      Mcp's needed 6500.00
      % completed 36.77%
      Bonus cleared $30 so far
      Will receive next bonus at about 2757 mcp's

Matt.
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Not a very exciting day on mansion today. Got down a buy in early but managed to get it back in the evening session and even finished the day with a small profit. Should reach my next bonus in a couple of days.

Theres this promotion starting on party in a couple of days where you could win a million bucks. For every 15 party points you collect you receive a card. Can collect a maximum of 10 cards per day. And I guess the cards carry over to the end of the promotion. Which lasts about ten days. Seems like a good promo. You only have to make a pair with the cards you collect and you can win cash. I may take part and try and collect a couple of cards each day. Finally a promo where everyone can win a little something.

Even got a little play in on pokerstars today. I played four don's. I came in the money all four times. Still a long way to go in clearing that bonus though. I have about 59 fpp's and need about 494 fpp's. LOL. With my accumulated fpp's at the end I want to get a pokerstars hat. It costs 600 fpp's I think. I have a little over 300 right now. Awhile back pokerstars gave me 300 fpp's for completing a survery on there when I only had a play money account there, thats why I have that many.

Mansion
      Mcp's collected 2515.45 ( 125.40 collected today )
      Mcp's needed 6500.00
      % completed 38.70%
      Bonus cleared $30 so far
      Will receive next bonus at about 2757 Mcp's

Almost halfway done now.

Matt.
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Moneybookers headaches.

The last step in setting up my account there was to verify my credit card. I set that all up and moneybookers debited my account and all I had to do was to log into my account and list how much the debit was for. Seems pretty easy right. Wrong.

On my credit card statement the debit was listed in cdn dollars but I had to list the debit in euros on the moneybookers site. There was another option. I would have to send moneybookers my credit card statement. I did that. I got an email back from them saying it couldn't be an online statement. Wtf whats the difference, it has my info on it. They say it has to be a paper statement and I have to fax it to them. Seems like its one thing after another with them. Think I might give up soon.

There is some irony in this story. I use a prepaid card for my online gaming. The funny thing is I just re loaded the card tonight. If only I had known that a paper statement was required I could have gotten one tonight. LOL.

Anyways I emailed partypoker tonight and asked them if I made a deposit with my card if I would be able to get a cashout back to the card. I hope that works out. Haven't gotten a reply yet. Have my fingers crossed. LOL. It says so in the cashout options though.

On to todays results.

Played a few more sit n gos on pokerstars today. I played four more today. In the money each time. Im going pretty good with them right now. In the money eight times in a row now. Been having some good luck with those lately. Hope it continues. It really gets annoying when the big stack at the table doubles up the short stack late in the tourney when they call all in with crap. LOL.

Played about a break even session at mansion today. A re ocurring theme there. Lose about a buy in in my first session and gain it all back in the evening session. LOL. Collected a few more points on there today. I should collect another $10 increment tomorrow.

Check out this nice hand.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $9.18
      Hero:
      $2.95
      MP1:
      $2.50
      MP3:
      $9.43
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $23.00

0.25/0.5 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , 4:diamond:
      3 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, BU raises, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.00 SB) 9:club: , 4:club: , 4:heart: (6 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, MP3 calls, CO calls, BU raises, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, CO calls, BU caps, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (13.00 BB) 4:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU bets, Hero raises, CO calls, BU 3-bets, Hero caps (All-In), CO calls.

River: (21.90 BB) K:diamond: (3 players)
      CO checks, BU bets, CO calls.

Final Pot: 23.90 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows four of a kind, fours (Ad 4d)
      BU shows a full-house, fours full of tens (Tc Th)
      CO shows three of a kind, fours (Qs Js)

Hero wins with four of a kind, fours (Ad 4d)

Its always nice when you get the stone cold nuts. Thougt I would check the flop, I knew someone would bet and I could check raise. Even better I got a bet and a raise. Hehheh. Just wish I had more money in my stack, could have gotten more bets called on the river. LOL. But what exactly is cut off still doing in the hand with all this action. What a calling station. LOL.

Matt.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      That isnt a station lol, thats a whole new species of fish!
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      The last couple of days haven't been that nice to me. Been biten by the variance bug. Down about 8 buyins at mansion, about 10 at party, and about 5 at stars. LOL. Wow things can really go south in a hurry with this game.

Cashed in my points at party to get the $100 buy a bonus. Im going to need that $100 after what happened today. LOL. On the million dollar hand game need two more cards to complete my first hand. So far I have a ace, four and a two. Runner runner straight maybe. Yeah right. You never know though. Got nine outs for a pair though. LOL.

Earned another $10 bonus at mansion today.

At stars Im about 15% done my deposit bonus there now.

Hope this bad luck ends sometime soon. LOL.

Matt.
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Still haven't made any head way with setting up my moneybookers account. There not the only game in town. Hehheh. Think I might give click two pay a try.

Im going to try and clear my bonus money on party with sit n gos. Had about a break even day on there today. Only came in the money three out of ten times today. Eeek that sucks, haha. Had a small loss. I did manage to win one though. And a couple of third place finishes. Still being super unlucky.

And again not much better on mansion either. Down about two buyins today. Think I've been playing a little scared on there lately. Played much better near the end of the evening session.

Played a couple of sit n gos on stars tonight. Only managed a second place finish. Those regular blind tourneys take forever to play.

Mansion
      Mcp's collected 2960.95
      Mcp's needed 6500.00
      % complete 45.55%
      $40 cleared so far
      Next bonus at about 3407 mcp's

Matt.