BOTD 3 Stake Giveaways: Articles you have recently read

• 12 replies
    • ovechkin91
      ovechkin91
      Bronze
      I read the platinum article on floating last. I liked it because it adds another move into my game. I learned how to "float" my opponents when they contbet. I article that helped me the most is the bronze article "Four standard charts for the push-or-fold-stage" b?c i have to use it for every tourny.
      Also i just sent u last weeks stake back, NittyNinja right
    • PokerKingMatt
      PokerKingMatt
      Bronze
      The last article i read was the bronze odds and outs i enjoyed it because i learnt how to balance my losses and my winnings and what odds i need to get in a pot to carry on with the hand i also learnt to count the cards i have left remaining in the deck that can help me improve my hand!

The article that helped me the most is the starting hands and position i used to be playing ace rag out of position and hands like 10 jack out of position and learning the starting hands has really helped my game
    • mortimeral
      mortimeral
      Bronze
      I read On the flop basics and learned how to evaluate the board. The article that helped was agressor v passive I have been more agressive and it,s doing ok so far.
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      last ones I've read were the gold articles about 'the isolation raise' and the 'advanced pre-flop play' one. they are very useful as I reached NL50 and was eager to learn advanced ways of playing in order to beat the limit. so far improving my skills in calculating the equity and distinguishing push moments were of an excellent help and I'm really thankful to PS for all I've learned :)
    • dufferscoff
      dufferscoff
      Bronze
      not played much poker recently or as much as i would like so i read some of the articles again,was struggling through tournaments,then i re read the push or fold stages of the the game,this was helpful as i increased my stalk and stayed in tournaments etc longer,i loke alot of the other articles to but this one helped me the most so far.
    • kreuzfeld
      kreuzfeld
      Bronze
      The last one was the bronze Sit and Go 4 standard charts for the push-or-fold stage. It made me download the ICM trainer to get some good practice in fold or shove play. I liked it very much, although i would prefer a special section on MTT, as I prefer to play tournaments. I'm learning to make the right move at the right moment :P . As far as helping goes, I guess that would be the Bankroll management articles ;) .
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      The last Silver article I read....before I lost my rank...was on table selection. I have no idea why I never read it sooner.

I credit this article as one of reasons for the sudden upturn in my win rate (16bb/100 for Feb) playing NL10 BSS. Before i read it i was essentially running at 4bb/100.

I used to sit and play with anybody at any table where there was a space on i.e the first available.......how wrong.

It is important to look for fish, weaker players, check the SSS/BSS ratio, look for strong players to avoid and use your Elephant stats. And be able to up and leave a table if you feel the balance is somehow wrong.

I still only play 2 tables but i open 4 or 5 and choose the best 2 from those after some checking and observation.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      The last article I've read was the new article about the DoN sng's. The article really fascinated me, I think it covers pretty much all the aspects of those tournaments. I've learnt how to successfully play DoNs, If the opponents are loose, you'll have no problems with getting ITM by following this strategy, but if the opponents are tight, you have to blind steal alot and sometimes make a push with not so good hands, especially in turbo ones.

The article that helped me to improve my FL game alot was certainly this one:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/944/5/

I'm playing heads-up postflop much better now and I am beginning to understand the positions as well :) .
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Everyone should always try to invest as much time as possible into improving their game. A big part of that is reading articles and dealing with theoretical aspects of poker. Its good to see you doing so.

Stakes: kreuzfeld, dufferscoff, mortimeral, PokerKingMatt (rest already have stakes) :)

Don't forget to make it to the tournament!

Battle of the Donkeys March 8th: Private Tournament #2

Regards
      SoyCD
    • PokerKingMatt
      PokerKingMatt
      Bronze
      Im in cheers
    • dufferscoff
      dufferscoff
      Bronze
      thanks soy lets demolish the spanish this week!!
    • kreuzfeld
      kreuzfeld
      Bronze
      Thx, I'm in!