This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Utilising PokerTracker4 statistics - Particularly AF and AFq

• DannyHorsley
      DannyHorsley
      Bronze
      Hi all,

So i've had a good day today after playing really fishy recently and resorting to the forums. I also upgraded my subscription and have been reading lots of new content.

One thing I wanted to gain some more knowledge on was utilising player statistics. Im currently at the level where I can read and understand VPiP and PFR. I can shape how I approach a hand based on these statistics. I wanted to take this further though and ask you all what further statistics I can use that are useful? I have been reading up on AF and AFq and gather so far that an AF above 2.0 shows that the opponent doesn't like to fold and an AFq above 50.0 shows that they like to raise more than check or fold. I found a really nice webpage explaining all different values and what they mean but I can't find it now :( also if you could explain a little about WSD that would also be great! What value does this need to be to suggest that a player is more of a calling station for example?

Thanks a lot,
      Daniel
  • 3 replies
    • DannyHorsley
      DannyHorsley
      Bronze
      I found the page. It was on twoplustwo (forgive me if I am not supposed to be posting that. Let me know what you think:

AF > 2 (Bets/Raises more then call)
      AFq > 50 (Bets/Raises more then calls/folds)
      This player likes to bet and raise. He doesn’t like to check, call or fold. You will not see a free card.

AF > 2 (Bets/Raises more then call)
      AFq < 50 (Because of his AF we know he bets/raises more then calls, but the denominator has to be larger to make AFq<50, which can only come from folds)
      This player likes to bet sometimes, and fold more then call.

AF < 2 (Calls more then bet/raise)
      AFq > 50 (Bets/Raises more then calls/folds)
      This one doesn’t come up often

AF < 2 (Calls more then bet/raise)
      AFq < 50 (Calls/Folds more then bet/raise)
      This player likes to call or fold. He will check often and doesn’t bet/raise. You will get lots of free cards.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I have moved your thread to the PokerTracker forum. Than you get most likely more response.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • DannyHorsley
      DannyHorsley
      Bronze
      Thanks again buddy