how to play BSS TPTK

• williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I've been grinding SSS for a little while now, around 70K hands or so, and have decided to attempt a move to the BSS. I'm studying through the articles, and preparing myself, but here's 1 big question that I wanted to get answered before I start. With SSS, TPTK is almighty, and all-in everytime.

But, how do I play it in BSS. Under what circumstances do I play for stack with TPTK? Do I play it differently vs. short stack, mid stack, or large stack?

For instance, say I have A :spade: K :diamond:

Flop comes K :club: 4 :club: 3 :heart:

I bet out conti-bet, and I get raised. Should I think that perhaps someone is raising me with teh club flush draw? Or should I assume that they have two-pair or trips and I'm beat? Again, how does my response vary depending on the stack of my opponents? As well, at this point, if I decide to play on, should I just call the raise, or move all-in right away?

Thanks so much,

Will
  • 3 replies
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      I assume your playing lower limits?

A raise after a cbet usually indicates that the villan has something, even a weak hand. It it the villans way of gathering info to see if you really have a hand or where just cbetting as the original aggressor.

Do not move all in, just call and see the Turn card. BSS is not all about All in like SSS.

I asked about limits because there are many fish out there who will happily go to the end with K J for example. Kicker strength never enters their mind.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      With TPTK you shouldnt play for your whole stack, because there arent many weaker hands your opponent would risk his whole stack with. At micro limits it happens sometimes, but its safer to switch to pot control as soon as they play back at you. If you get the feeling somebody is trying to commit themselves or you to the pot, just fold it. At micro limits there are so many highly profitable situations you can just sit back and wait for them, dont take unnecessary risks when you are uncertain.
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      Thanks so much for your feedback guys. After a good night's worth of sleep last night, I'm gonna starting giving this BSS a try today.