7Stud8 $0.5/1: TTT against 2 hands

• TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Hi!

How would you go with this hand? Is just TTT overplayed?

Regards

TTT

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6:diamond: ___folds
      Seat 2: xx xx 7:club: ___folds
      Seat 3: xx xx A:spade: ___calls
      Seat 5: xx xx 9:diamond: ___folds
      Hero: T:spade: Q:diamond: J:heart: ___calls
      Seat 7: xx xx J:spade: ___folds
      Seat 8: xx xx 2:heart: ___brings-in

4th Street - (2.20 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx A:spade: 3:club: ___bets
      Hero: T:spade: Q:diamond: J:heart: T:club: ___calls
      Seat 8: xx xx 2:heart: 5:diamond: ___calls

5th Street - (2.60 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx A:spade: 3:club: 2:club: ___raises
      Hero: T:spade: Q:diamond: J:heart: T:club: T:heart: ___bets___calls
      Seat 8: xx xx 2:heart: 5:diamond: 8:diamond: ___calls___calls

6th Street - (8.60 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx A:spade: 3:club: 2:club: 7:heart: ___bets___raises
      Hero: T:spade: Q:diamond: J:heart: T:club: T:heart: 3:diamond: ___checks___raises___calls
      Seat 8: xx xx 2:heart: 5:diamond: 8:diamond: 2:spade: ___checks___calls___calls

River - (17.60 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx A:spade: 3:club: 2:club: 7:heart: xx___calls
      Hero: T:spade: Q:diamond: J:heart: T:club: T:heart: 3:diamond: K:diamond: ___checks___calls
      Seat 8: xx xx 2:heart: 5:diamond: 8:diamond: 2:spade: xx___bets

Total pot: (20.60 BB)
  • 5 replies
    • inouegui
      inouegui
      Bronze
      3rd street: I do not like the call. I preffer to fold.
      4th street: I preffer to play my TT against only one oponent, so I'd have raised, even if they are speculating a lo hand.
      5th street: Nice. One hi hand against 2 lo hands.
      6th street: I'd have 3bet/call cap. Seat 8 is calling everything with aparently a worse lo hand.
      7th street: raise for value. I don't think seat 3 had the straight. One 5 is dead and if he had, he'd have raised for value.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze

Bart
    • OrcaAoc
      OrcaAoc
      Gold
      Your hand is very weak on third espicially someone with an Ace is already in the Pot which means if you do hit a pair it wont be good so often. Hi only hands are in generel very weak holdings so if you dont have a very strong Hi hand like Aces or trips you should fold on third street almost always.
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Fold 3rd.

I wouldnt raise 4th as suggested above because i doubt it will make any of them fold and i do not want to invest more money with such marginal holding now. If they brick you could bet or raise.

And i would not go into raising war with guy that has so connected cards. I would make calldown there. He might have straight or straight draw and its quite clear that at least one if not both of them have low hands already. We fight for half pot which we might not even get.
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      Fold 3rd, because of what people said before.

Call on 4th is questionable, I'd prefer to fold here a lot of times, but your hand still has some equity unless you are up against aces and low draw. If you don't know your strength, don't get stuck in the middle, that be the rule in split games.

5th you should cap, you need to get the maximum value from aces and make missed low draws to fold - or at least, pay a good money. Eitherway, you want more money in the pot, the worst thing you can do here is isolate yourself against a lowdraw with a strong redraw to high - which doesn't seem to be the case here, and even if it were, you still have strong equity against flushes and straights.

6th plays similarly as above, the opponent's don't improve in any meaningful way. You might be up against a made straight, but if the third player sticks around, you are definitely making profit pushing here because of the money in the pot and how strong your hand fares threeway, even if you are playing only for half the pot. And the third player is definitely going for low, while the other opponent could be betting trips or strong low draw with aces.

7th is check/call because your opponents are strong and you didn't improve to a full, but the pot is too large to fold.