7Stud8: OESD + 8low on 6th street

• TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      What would be correct play here?

Is this fold on 5th street?

TTT

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6:spade: ___folds
      Seat 2: xx xx 9:heart: ___folds
      Seat 3: xx xx 3:spade: ___brings-in
      Seat 4: xx xx 7:club: ___folds
      Seat 5: xx xx A:club: ___folds
      Hero: 5:spade: 7:diamond: 8:club: ___calls
      Seat 8: xx xx A:spade: ___calls

4th Street - (2.20 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3:spade: 9:diamond: ___folds
      Hero: 5:spade: 7:diamond: 8:club: 2:spade: ___calls
      Seat 8: xx xx A:spade: A:diamond: ___bets

5th Street - (2.10 BB)

Hero: 5:spade: 7:diamond: 8:club: 2:spade: 5:club: ___calls
      Seat 8: xx xx A:spade: A:diamond: 7:heart: ___bets

6th Street - (4.10 BB)

Hero: 5:spade: 7:diamond: 8:club: 2:spade: 5:club: 6:diamond: ___raises
      Seat 8: xx xx A:spade: A:diamond: 7:heart: 3:club: ___bets___calls

River - (8.10 BB)

Hero: 5:spade: 7:diamond: 8:club: 2:spade: 5:club: 6:diamond: A:heart: ___checks
      Seat 8: xx xx A:spade: A:diamond: 7:heart: 3:club: xx___checks

Total pot: (8.10 BB)
  • 4 replies
    • michaelg5pro
      michaelg5pro
      Bronze
      I am quite unsure with this, id put him on at least one facecard or just something that doesnt qualify for a low hand, however i might be wrong and even if not he really has a good chance to scoope her .. but so u had. On the 5th i really would consider folding, 6th and 7th i might just call until hand improved.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      I'd fold 3rd. And surely fold 5th.
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      a 6 and a 9 are gone on 3rd which would make me just throw this hand into the muck right off the back.

as played on 4th its okay to see another card but on 5th with bets doubling why are you chasing a draw?
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      You are turning your hand to a bluff on sixth. You should just call and hope to hit.

It's very likely he started with two low cards since one ace had been folded and he only called, so he a) has a better hand and b) better low draw on fifth by definition, unless he has two pair when you can hope for a split and for rare scoop.

Sixth is overplayed, because you really have no fold equity, you are not a favorite against his range and most of the time are playing for a split anyway.

Fifth should be a fold in this spot very often, because the pot is simply too small to justify continuing. I'd consider folding on fourth even, because you are more or less playing half the pot if even that. Call is fine though, if you fold if you don't improve in a meaningful way. Catching a pair against a better low draw and high hand is definitely not a way to improve.