fold pocket kings nl100

• shaywh
      shaywh
      Bronze
      Hero (41.5$) (which is me!) utg raised to 3$ with pocket kings. button calls, BB (113.70) raised to 12$. I called (first mistake? right play with kings?), button fold. flop- J :heart: -T :spade: -2 :heart: BB checked which was a little weird because I expected a cbet. at that point it quite narrowed down to a given up bluff try or a set of jacks, perhaps way overplayed tens. I didn't knew much about him ( now i42 hands later and he done nothing notable so far) so I checked behind. turn Q :diamond: and now every legitimate hand beats my kings. he bets 18$, I take full time but can't push it with that board and my hand is folded.

right? wrong? I really don't know. all in all I think that I was to short stacked to call or push at turn, but I am not sure about the rest of my decisions. you can say I gave up because of low bluff odds instead of pot odds :)
  • 5 replies
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Ask in the hands forum. Convert the hand http://www.flopturnriver.com/converter2/converter.php
      And copy paste the result into the sample hands forum :)
    • petelah
      petelah
      Bronze
      I think you should have atleast lead out on the flop having flat called the re-raise. No shame in going broke on the flop I think you were good.
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      First mistake was playing with 40 BB.
    • PoPoVitch
      PoPoVitch
      Bronze
      Definitely go broke preflop.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello shaywh,

There are quite a few things in this hand that are not optimal.

First off why are you sitting at an NL100 table with 41,5$? This is neither shortstack strategy nor big stack strategy and not optimal at all.

Second; you should never be afraid of going broke with pocket kings pre-flop especially not in this situation. You have a cold caller behind you and get a squeeze from the BB. You definitely don't want the guy behind you to get the odds to call and should simply shove over the top at this point in time.

Even postflop you are far from always up against pocket tens or jacks after his check. You seem to be quite weak tight, so excuse my question, but what were you doing on NL100? Do you have the proper bankroll to play such high limits?

It seems your theoretic knowledge isn't on that high of a level yet (wrong buy-in at the table, etc) - and you might be better off playing lower limits instead.

Without bankroll management you are just asking to go broke sooner or later.

I suggest you concentrate on learning and improving while playing limits fitting to your bankroll.

Best regards
      SoyCD