[NL2-NL10] FR - NL10 - AQ against micro-ALLIN :-)

• value2k
      value2k
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,05
      BU:
      $0,25

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: , A:diamond:
      5 folds, BU raises to $0,25 (All-In), Hero raises to $0,80, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Flop: ($0,60) 7:club: , J:spade: , 6:spade:
      Turn: ($0,60) K:diamond:
      River: ($0,60) 8:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $0,60

i know this is not a standart situation, not even sss-specific, but please help me. after his 25-cent-AllIn i knew he'd push anything here so i thougt AQ is good enough against random and decided to go in, i still did the higher bet because i wantet the BB out of the hand. Is that a good way to play it or should i just fold AQ against a bet like the sss tells me?

thanks, simon
  • 3 replies
    • barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      Well, a lot of people who just lost in a previous round almost all of their money bet the remaining amount on the next hand regardless of what hands they have. So in that perspective I would play AQ there too.

You can also take it as a steal attempt. You had only 23 hands on him, so ORL wasn't much reliable, but also against unknown you push with AQ as a re-steal.

So maybe push directly, as it will create more fold equity (BB guy still behind you). But as played I would say it was ok.

Just my 2 cents. :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Yeah, I think push would be better since you're not folding if BB raises you, but as played it's a nice hand as well imo.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Value,

Just push, easy and effective because now BB can just call you for the sake of pot odds and you play OOP ;)

Best regards,
      Gerv