This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] FR - NL10 - AQ against micro-ALLIN :-)

• value2k
      value2k
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,05
      BU:
      $0,25

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: , A:diamond:
      5 folds, BU raises to $0,25 (All-In), Hero raises to $0,80, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Flop: ($0,60) 7:club: , J:spade: , 6:spade:
      Turn: ($0,60) K:diamond:
      River: ($0,60) 8:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $0,60

i know this is not a standart situation, not even sss-specific, but please help me. after his 25-cent-AllIn i knew he'd push anything here so i thougt AQ is good enough against random and decided to go in, i still did the higher bet because i wantet the BB out of the hand. Is that a good way to play it or should i just fold AQ against a bet like the sss tells me?

thanks, simon
  • 3 replies
    • barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      Well, a lot of people who just lost in a previous round almost all of their money bet the remaining amount on the next hand regardless of what hands they have. So in that perspective I would play AQ there too.

You can also take it as a steal attempt. You had only 23 hands on him, so ORL wasn't much reliable, but also against unknown you push with AQ as a re-steal.

So maybe push directly, as it will create more fold equity (BB guy still behind you). But as played I would say it was ok.

Just my 2 cents. :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Yeah, I think push would be better since you're not folding if BB raises you, but as played it's a nice hand as well imo.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Value,

Just push, easy and effective because now BB can just call you for the sake of pot odds and you play OOP ;)

Best regards,
      Gerv