Elrio " Fixed " his game!

• elrio
      elrio
      Bronze
      Hello!

My nickname ass you can see on Pokerstrategy.com is elrio. Up untill now i only posted on our dutch (what is Holland and BELGIUM!!!!!!!)
      So i'm from Belgium! If you could guess! :D

Now! Why i post on the English forum now! Since my beginning on pokerstrategy. Now a year and a couple of months ago i only played NL holdem! So i played NL holdem for that year and a couple of months! And what a ride it was! I'm a verry tilty player! on some situations! My bankroll had huge swings (For me :D ).

Now a couple of days i cashed 90% of my bankroll and first decided to have a fresh start on NL holdem SH! But after a week i transformed to the same old player who just wanted to make moves!

Then Yesterday came! I decided to have my totally new fresh start on Fixed Limit Holdem.

So that is also the reason i wanted to start a blog here. A blog i'm going to try to update 3-4 times a week for a start! :D

So thats it! Have fun with my new fresh adventure Fixed limit start!

Grtz elrio
  • 29 replies
    • elrio
      elrio
      Bronze
      So now u have seen my openings post! Here is my first update!
      Today was my first learning basic moves and a little bit playing day!

Ofcourse i learned the basic FL pokerstrategy articles! The articles i learned with a huge concentration are:

- Preflop play (SHC)
      - Flop play
      - Bankroll management (Ofcourse :D )

Because i dont want to rush things i only learned this articles first! I know i dont know anything about turn and river play! But i've learned from my mistakes before and so dont want to rush learning and then play play play!

I also saw the basic video from Cornholia, wish is a great vid! I saw the some basic moves in the video that helpt me to understand the articles better!

So thats it for now!
      Have a nice Grind!

Elrio!
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey elrio, nice to see we're sucking in FL players from everywhere!!!

Tell your friends to wake up to the real game, as you have. You'll be more popular than ever, be faster than a locomotive and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.... :D

A really important article to understand from an early stage is the standard heads up lines article here.

Good luck and we'll look forward to reading your progress!
    • elrio
      elrio
      Bronze
      Fixed limit is fun when you hit quads and you get paid off! I dont see that happen in NL most of the time! :D

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      Limit Holdem $0.15(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.61)
      BB ($7.87)
      UTG ($7.50)
      UTG+1 ($7.70)
      UTG+2 ($7.05)
      MP1 ($5.50)
      Hero ($6.98)
      MP3 ($9.03)
      CO ($5.02)
      BTN ($6.96)

Dealt to Hero 7:club: 7:diamond:

UTG+1 calls $0.15, UTG+2 calls $0.15, fold, Hero calls $0.15, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.08, check,

FLOP ($0.75) 7:spade: 7:heart: K:club:

check, check, check, UTG+2 bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.15,

TURN ($1.35) 7:spade: 7:heart: K:club: 6:spade:

check, Hero bets $0.30, UTG+2 calls $0.30,

RIVER ($1.95) 7:spade: 7:heart: K:club: 6:spade: 9:heart:

check, Hero bets $0.30, UTG+2 calls $0.30,

UTG+2 shows A:club: K:diamond:
      (Flop 0.1%, Turn 0.0%)

Hero shows 7:club: 7:diamond:
      (Flop 99.9%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero wins $2.43

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Limit Holdem $0.15(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6.53)
      BB ($14.52)
      UTG ($7.50)
      UTG+1 ($14.32)
      Hero ($15.78)
      MP1 ($9.57)
      MP2 ($7.07)
      MP3 ($6.61)
      CO ($8.03)
      BTN ($6.94)

Dealt to Hero 8:spade: 8:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, MP2 calls $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30, fold, BTN calls $0.30, fold, BB calls $0.15,

FLOP ($1.57) 8:heart: Q:heart: K:diamond:

check, Hero bets $0.15, MP2 calls $0.15, MP3 folds, BTN folds, BB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.45, MP2 calls $0.30, BB raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.15, MP2 calls $0.15,

TURN ($3.37) 8:heart: Q:heart: K:diamond: 6:club:

check, Hero bets $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30, BB raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $0.90, MP2 calls $0.60, BB calls $0.30,

RIVER ($6.07) 8:heart: Q:heart: K:diamond: 6:club: 8:club:

BB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.60, MP2 folds, BB raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $1.20, BB calls $0.30,

Hero shows 8:spade: 8:diamond:
      (Flop 83.2%, Turn 90.9%)

BB shows K:club: Q:diamond:
      (Flop 16.8%, Turn 9.1%)

Hero wins $8.05
    • WPTRay
      WPTRay
      Bronze
      Nice blog!

Will keep an eye on it :)

And indeed, the video's of Cornholio are realy good!
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Good luck with FL.
      But tilts are costly in FL too, so be aware! :P
    • elrio
      elrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      Good luck with FL.
      But tilts are costly in FL too, so be aware! :P
      Yea i'm really trying to get my tilt to a small amount! I think at first its going to be no tilt because i know i'm a n00b and i dont know what moves are total fish moves! That was really the problem with NL! I had an idea how NL is played correctly and all the stupid moves from the fish made me tilt!

But thx for the good luck wish! :D
    • 13BlackCats
      13BlackCats
      Bronze
      Welcome to FL!
      Wishing you good luck, great fun and success...
    • elrio
      elrio
      Bronze
      Maybe somthing from the past. Here are my NL graphs!

Full tilt poker

Partypoker

Pokerstars

For the rest is my biggest Tournament win worth mentioning! It was a 7th place in the 10K gtd (11$ buy-in) rebuy! for 1107$ i guess!

Now thats it for history and No limit!

Fixed limit it is!
    • elrio
      elrio
      Bronze
      OK! Just started my first session on pokerstars! And i have to say

OMFG! HELL YEA

They are pretty fishy there on 0.10/0.20$ :D

Limit Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.55)
      BB ($0.90)
      UTG ($9.90)
      UTG+1 ($3.70)
      UTG+2 ($1.36)
      MP1 ($2.27)
      MP2 ($4.07)
      CO ($1.80)
      Hero ($9.85)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.20, UTG+2 calls $0.20, fold, fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, UTG+2 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10,

FLOP ($1.60) 4:club: K:diamond: A:diamond:

check, UTG+1 bets $0.10, UTG+2 calls $0.10, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB folds, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, UTG+2 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.40, UTG+1 calls $0.10, UTG+2 calls $0.10,

TURN ($2.80) 4:club: K:diamond: A:diamond: 9:club:

UTG+1 bets $0.20, UTG+2 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.40, UTG+1 raises to $0.60, UTG+2 calls $0.40, Hero raises to $0.80, UTG+1 calls $0.20, UTG+2 calls $0.06,

RIVER ($5.06) 4:club: K:diamond: A:diamond: 9:club: 6:heart:

UTG+1 bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.40, UTG+1 calls $0.20,

UTG+1 shows A:club: 5:diamond:
      (Flop 7.1%, Turn 0.0%)

UTG+2 shows J:club: T:club:
      (Flop 18.6%, Turn 23.8%)

Hero shows K:heart: A:heart:
      (Flop 74.3%, Turn 76.2%)

Hero wins $5.66
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Hi elrio;

welcome to english community! The best PS community ever :heart:

Nice blog so far, so keep it alive.. Anyway, don't forget to visit TerrorBlade's FL beginner coaching (sadly, it's just once per week now). It's the best you can get here in the beginning! :)

:spade: Good luck at the tables! :spade:
    • elrio
      elrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      Hi elrio;

Nice blog so far, so keep it alive.. Anyway, don't forget to visit TerrorBlade's FL beginner coaching (sadly, it's just once per week now). It's the best you can get here in the beginning! :)

I'm sorry but You so wrong! In my knowledge the Dutch Community is the best ever!
      The English one has to proof everything to me! :D

Today i learned the bronze chart! Yoghi gave me and others the advice that its a better one then the basic one and that we could start our adventure with this one!
      Today i played a little bit and also moved my bankroll from party -> Pokerstars!

Pokerstars is so much better as youc an see in my last post before this one! :D

This evening there was the HU fishleague from our dutch community i entered! I finished 2nd for like 15$ :D .
      With that result my bankroll was 126$ and because the 0.10$/0.20$ limits where so soft i would give it a try at the 0.25$/0.50$ tables! I ended the evening at 120$!

Grtz
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elrio
      Originally posted by opal99
      Hi elrio;

I'm sorry but You so wrong! In my knowledge the Dutch Community is the best ever!
      The English one has to proof everything to me! :D
      TBH as long as you're playing FL you're in the brotherhood of the minraise mafia!! :evil:

Looks like a nice start for you elrio - you should find you will get through the limits up to $.50/$1 without too many problems as long as you are prepared to keep working on your game through the occassional decent b/e stretch.
    • elrio
      elrio
      Bronze
      And there we are again!

Yesterday i got stuck to playing 0.25/0.50 FL full ring! And it was again another losing session!. !!!! No i dont give up after two sessions! but i think its better to play 0.10/0.20 for a while an paying my learning money there!

Now i want you guys your opinion's about something! Yesterday i followd the dutch coaching from Makomar. There i introduced my plans to play FL Full ring untill i could beat 3$/6$!
      Makomar answerd me that its pretty difficult to play Full ring 3$/6$ because all the donkey's are playing Shorthanded and there are so much Regulars on these stakes!
      So what do you guys think is the best limit to beat first and then move to Shorthanded!

Yes i am just started FL full ring and i dont need to think about full ring! But i need som guideline for my adventures!
      So what is the best limit to beat for you turn to FL SH??

Grtz
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      From my personal experience, I would say as soon as possible. I completely agree with Makomar. Fishes are at SH tables. They just love action.
    • elrio
      elrio
      Bronze
      Just made me a little something to help me in the flopplay! :D
      I know it looks fishy! But wathever! :D

@ Coreysteel!

Is as soon as possible! Right now! As a total FL beginner! Ore is as soon as possible: Beat the stakes untill 0.50$/1$ and then swith to Shorthanded?

Edit: Maybe its nice to give my skype! Always nice for a quick advice! talk! :D

elrio.pokerstrategy (belgium) -> Only FL players! :D

Grtz
    • WPTRay
      WPTRay
      Bronze

@ Coreysteel!

Is as soon as possible! Right now! As a total FL beginner! Ore is as soon as possible: Beat the stakes untill 0.50$/1$ and then swith to Shorthanded?

Grtz
      Lol, basic, basic :P

As an advice from Yoghi, you better can learn all the Bronze articles, especially the one with actions against one opponent.
      The basic articles are too basic for the FL games nowadays.

You have luck you are Goldmember so you can also read the rest of the good articles, beginning at silver.

Good luck :)
    • elrio
      elrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WPTRay

@ Coreysteel!

Grtz
      Lol, basic, basic :P

As an advice from Yoghi, you better can learn all the Bronze articles, especially the one with actions against one opponent.
      The basic articles are too basic for the FL games nowadays.

You have luck you are Goldmember so you can also read the rest of the good articles, beginning at silver.

Good luck :)
      Its my fresh start! For me i'm a total beginner!
      I rushed things to much with NL! I dont want to make that mistake again! First i want to master de basic moves! Then the bronze! Silver and so on!

Grtz
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      First, nice to see another FL blog around. :)

About FR vs SH... I suggest you to stick with 0.1/0.2 FR until you've mastered the basics, and then make the switch to SH right there. SH is really, really, REALLY fishy at Stars. :D
    • elrio
      elrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Amirapuato
      First, nice to see another FL blog around. :)

About FR vs SH... I suggest you to stick with 0.1/0.2 FR until you've mastered the basics, and then make the switch to SH right there. SH is really, really, REALLY fishy at Stars. :D
      If a diamond says zo .... :D

En what are the Basics in your opinion! Really the basic articles from pokerstrategy! Ore Basic + bronze articles , ... ?

Grtz