This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Upswing?

• ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      5/10 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , A:heart:
      MP3 calls, CO folds, BU raises, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, MP3 calls, BU calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16.00 SB) A:club: , 5:diamond: , K:diamond: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, MP3 raises, BU folds, Hero 3-bets, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) K:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets, BB raises, MP3 calls, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (24.50 BB) 6:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, MP3 raises, Hero calls, BB 3-bets, MP3 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 32.50 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BB shows [ Kc, Ks ] four of a kind, Kings
      MP3 shows [ 8d, 9d ] a flush, King high
      BB wins $323 USD with four of a kind, Kings.

I guess not. ;)
      3-bet turn because he has AK or KK 50% of the time and with MP3 it's +EV.
      Couldn't fold to the raise on the river as MP3 was able to raise a flush here.
      He would never 3-bet the river with AK here. And I expected to see a cap and clicked to fast to fold too. ;)
  • 7 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      OMG.
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      He would never 3-bet the river with AK here.
      Why not?

If he's holding A :spade: K :spade: ...

He has the 2nd nuts, and you can be holding 2 combos of AK (A :diamond: K :club: , A :heart: K :club:) for a split and only 1 combo of AA (A :diamond: , A :heart:) , so he splits 67%. After the double turn call, it's obvious MP3 has the flush, and after your river call, he may think you don't have AA, and 3-bets to get more out of MP3.
    • WPTRay
      WPTRay
      Bronze
      Nice fold ;)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Amirapuato
      Originally posted by ciRith
      He would never 3-bet the river with AK here.
      Why not?

If he's holding A :spade: K :spade: ...

He has the 2nd nuts, and you can be holding 2 combos of AK (A :diamond: K :club: , A :heart: K :club:) for a split and only 1 combo of AA (A :diamond: , A :heart:) , so he splits 67%. After the double turn call, it's obvious MP3 has the flush, and after your river call, he may think you don't have AA, and 3-bets to get more out of MP3.
      I would quit that site immediatly if he has A :spade: K :spade: . :D
      If he has AK then there are only 1 A and 1 K left so I either have AK or AA.
      He caps the turn and bet/3-bets the river afer I showed a lot strength too. I realy don't see him holding AK here ever. Sure I should have called the river just to prevent myself from tilting if he has AK but it was an automatic fold as I expected to see a cap again. ;)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      OMG.
      this
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      sick hand
      tbh i wouldnt fold the river, its a 30+ BB pot.. and i hate folding full houses lol. i'd have to be very confident that BB isnt an idiot to fold this. :))
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I wouldn't fold this either. It was a half missclick as I expected to see a cap which I would fold so I clicked fold and saw afterwards that it was just a call from MP3. Well I was a bit happy anyways but wow I would have tilted really bad if I would have folded the winner here. ;)