Upswing?

• ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      5/10 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , A:heart:
      MP3 calls, CO folds, BU raises, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, MP3 calls, BU calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16.00 SB) A:club: , 5:diamond: , K:diamond: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, MP3 raises, BU folds, Hero 3-bets, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) K:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets, BB raises, MP3 calls, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (24.50 BB) 6:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, MP3 raises, Hero calls, BB 3-bets, MP3 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 32.50 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BB shows [ Kc, Ks ] four of a kind, Kings
      MP3 shows [ 8d, 9d ] a flush, King high
      BB wins $323 USD with four of a kind, Kings.

I guess not. ;)
      3-bet turn because he has AK or KK 50% of the time and with MP3 it's +EV.
      Couldn't fold to the raise on the river as MP3 was able to raise a flush here.
      He would never 3-bet the river with AK here. And I expected to see a cap and clicked to fast to fold too. ;)
  • 7 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      OMG.
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      He would never 3-bet the river with AK here.
      Why not?

If he's holding A :spade: K :spade: ...

He has the 2nd nuts, and you can be holding 2 combos of AK (A :diamond: K :club: , A :heart: K :club:) for a split and only 1 combo of AA (A :diamond: , A :heart:) , so he splits 67%. After the double turn call, it's obvious MP3 has the flush, and after your river call, he may think you don't have AA, and 3-bets to get more out of MP3.
    • WPTRay
      WPTRay
      Bronze
      Nice fold ;)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Amirapuato
      Originally posted by ciRith
      He would never 3-bet the river with AK here.
      Why not?

If he's holding A :spade: K :spade: ...

He has the 2nd nuts, and you can be holding 2 combos of AK (A :diamond: K :club: , A :heart: K :club:) for a split and only 1 combo of AA (A :diamond: , A :heart:) , so he splits 67%. After the double turn call, it's obvious MP3 has the flush, and after your river call, he may think you don't have AA, and 3-bets to get more out of MP3.
      I would quit that site immediatly if he has A :spade: K :spade: . :D
      If he has AK then there are only 1 A and 1 K left so I either have AK or AA.
      He caps the turn and bet/3-bets the river afer I showed a lot strength too. I realy don't see him holding AK here ever. Sure I should have called the river just to prevent myself from tilting if he has AK but it was an automatic fold as I expected to see a cap again. ;)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      OMG.
      this
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      sick hand
      tbh i wouldnt fold the river, its a 30+ BB pot.. and i hate folding full houses lol. i'd have to be very confident that BB isnt an idiot to fold this. :))
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I wouldn't fold this either. It was a half missclick as I expected to see a cap which I would fold so I clicked fold and saw afterwards that it was just a call from MP3. Well I was a bit happy anyways but wow I would have tilted really bad if I would have folded the winner here. ;)