double or nothing or tournament book?

• SuperHandz
      SuperHandz
      Bronze
      Anyone got any good recommendations for double or n othing or sit n go/tournament books? After browsing I notice that because of how new they are there don't seem to be any double or nothing books which is what I was hoping to find. What in your opinion would you say is the best sit n go and tournament book?
      Oh, if I were to buy 3 books i.e 1 for sit n go, 1 for mtt's and one for extra reading to help my overall game what would you recommend. Cheers guys
  • 5 replies
    • bobdefete
      bobdefete
      Bronze
      Whats the point of being on poker STRATEGY if your not even reading the FREE articles you can get ????
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hey SuperHandz,

I personally think that it's good to keep learning and that includes other information/books/dvds etc alongside all the great material that PokerStrategy provides, so hats off to you :)

There is a DoN specific strategy article now within the PokerStrategy Strategy section. It's in the Silver status section, so will be available to you once you've achieved the next status level up from where you are at the moment.
      Your home page will confirm how many points you need to achieve Silver status.

Re the books etc, sorry can't think of any at the moment from personal experience, but I'm sure other members will recommend a few.

Best regards,

Bart
    • bobdefete
      bobdefete
      Bronze
      Sorry for the other post I think i was not feeling very well that day :(

Before i came on PokerStrategy I read 2 books:

Roy Rounder's Texas Holdem Secrets which is an E-Book
      and
      Phill Hellmuths Play Poker Like The Pros --- this one is like 500pages long... and helps for live play, there is a small chapter about online poker but I wouldnt recommend it much...

I prefer Poker Strategys basic articles for starting then read the silver ones when you get to silver !
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      I have never seen a DoN book, and I'm pretty sure there aren't any out there. As for SNG books, the only one I've heard of thats worth reading is Sit 'n Go Strategy by Colin Moshman.

I have a few poker books, none of them are really that helpful in terms of online strategy. Gus Hansen's Every Hand Revealed is a fun read though. :)
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Online SNG:

Colin Moshman - Sit n Go Strategy
      Phil Shaw - Secrets of Sit n Goes
      Someone or other - Kill Everyone

Online MTT:

Eric "Rizen" Lynch, Jon "Pearljammer" someone, and someone else - Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time

Overall:

John Vorhaus - Killer Online Poker 2 (He's got a nice style of writing, he got me laughing quite a few times. And it's informative, though it mostly deals with your attitude towards poker, and doesn't cover that many specific strategies.)