4 rolls

• Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Exactly what the title says. I have 4 rolls on 4 different sites, my main one being on Cake ($840), back-up roll on Mansion ($300), accident one on Absolute poker ($150, long story) and one I made yesterday on Titan ($75) by cashing in the $3k Saturday Special with the token I forgot I had. My dilemma is: withdraw everything and concentrate it into 1 grand total roll, or leave the money where it is and slowly build up to 4 bankrolls on different sites?

On first thought, 1 big roll sounds more profitable than 4 small(?) ones since I can afford higher limits and thus make the most of my hourly winrate. But then again, just because I have the roll for a higher limit doesn't mean I can handle it. Besides, I'll be able to play on any of the 4 sites without transaction fees and delays of withdrawing/depositing. Another reason would be an emergency account in case I'm tilting/tired/drunk and can't resist playing poker anyway, then I can't blunder my entire roll away. I know that last one implies a lack of self-control, and is a poor excuse for having multiple rolls, but such situation might occur some day, and it's better to have an emergency "play money" roll than only your main roll to gamble with. Feel free to count it out as an argument though...

It's also possible to limit the amount of rolls to 3: I don't trust Absolute Poker very much. It's profitable, and I doubt they can afford another cheating occurrence, but I'd prefer another platform if I can help it. I could deposit on another site, or move those $150 to Titan/Mansion/Cake. Even 2 rolls are possible, since Titan and Mansion share tables, so I can combine those two into one roll if I want to. I wonder if it's possible to use the Player Transfer feature to send money to yourself...

What's better, combined roll or split roll, and if latter, on how many platforms?
  • 3 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Your best option would be: move all of your rolls to stars :D . You can get like 500$ per month just with bonuses, even if you don't play your highest limits :) . But seriously, I think 1 roll gives you the best bonuses and lets you play highest limits => best profit. If you're scared of the limits, just play on the 2nd highest limit and evaluate more hands, watch coachings, etc. :) . And the bonuses/rakeback will be that big that even the downswings won't hurt you that much ;) .
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      I agree 4 is too much. Withdraw money from Absolute and Titan and transfer it to the platform where you play more - I'm guessing Cake. Leave your Mansion back-up bankroll for the situations that you mentioned (playing when you know you shouldn't - it happens to everyone).

I think two platforms are more than enough.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      I agree 4 is too much. Withdraw money from Absolute and Titan and transfer it to the platform where you play more - I'm guessing Cake. Leave your Mansion back-up bankroll for the situations that you mentioned (playing when you know you shouldn't - it happens to everyone).

I think two platforms are more than enough.
      I agree with this. Its good to have a 2nd br if you need a change of scenery.