Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $0.41
      BU:
      $0.71

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:diamond: , T:heart:
      4 folds, BU raises to $0.04, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.09

Thoughts:
      - Do I treat this minraise as a raise and fold or do I treat it as two limpers and raise?

Can you consider the answer for both this opponent and a standard TAG?
  • 5 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      hello!

you raise 3.5 times the miniraise +1BB for limper.

regards,

primzi
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      When everybody folds and CO or BU openraises it's considered a steal and you can resteal against them when you sit in the blinds with AJ+/88+. You resteal by pushing all-in preflop.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      @Primzi:
      So you ignore the fact that he raised and re-raise him? Is this based on standard strategy or on the resteals article? Basic strategy would indicate a fold here to a standard raise.

As to the bet amount raising 3.5x the minraise equates to 3.5 x 2BB = 7BB (+1BB for limpers) whereas treating it as 2 limps equates to 4BB + 2BB (+1BB for limpers). So the actual difference in raise amount is only 1BB.

@burek2000:
      If we push all in preflop we generate lots of fold equity but we will only get called by JJ+, AK. So we are isolating ourselves against a better range and because they have only put 2BB in already we do not gain much from a fold.

I think if we calculated the EV of such a move it would be negative because when we are called we are far behind and we do not gain much from a fold.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Smileyphil
      @burek2000:
      If we push all in preflop we generate lots of fold equity but we will only get called by JJ+, AK. So we are isolating ourselves against a better range and because they have only put 2BB in already we do not gain much from a fold.[/I]
      IF he really calls only JJ+/AK and folds all the other hands he raised with, your shove preflop would still be profitable, because you will win 2bb every time he folds and he will have to fold A LOT of times.

I think if we calculated the EV of such a move it would be negative because when we are called we are far behind and we do not gain much from a fold.
      For calculation of EV you would need to put him on range, but from only 10 hands history that's just something you can't do, but considering this is NL2 and after 10 hands his stats are 60/30 I say he's a fish and against a fishy 2bb BU openraise you have huge edge against, so push it is.

Btw, pushing is better than raising, since you will be commited on any flop if you just raise him 3x, meaning he can see flop for free and continue only when he hits where on the other hand you have to shove ANY flop because of being OOP.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi phil,

On Nano levels, I simply push TT here, people are calling with worse than AK+,JJ+. I think even AJ+,KQ+,77+ might be a good calling range here

With TT, you are mostly sure you will see an overcard

Best regards,
      Gerv