Full Tilt rakeback vs PS

• felippe4u
      felippe4u
      Bronze
      Hello,

I registered to Poker Strategy a month ago and I got my 50$ starting capital at Full Tilt, since I have accounts to other big poker rooms and because of the rake back offer which on long term is a very good thing.
      I read a lot on different forums and I asked many time both PS support and full Tilt support about the co-relation between FTP points and PS points and I didn't clarify this issue.
      Because the rake-back is calculated based on the PS points accumulated during a week of play, from which any bonuses or spending of FTP points are deducted, I don't quite understand how is the calculation of the rake made.
      I registered for both Take 2 and Iron Man challenge on full Tilt promotion I completely understand their promotion. These promotions make me keep track of the FTP points accumulation along with the bonuses that are coming as a result of it and I know exactly how many points I make/day.

What I can't understand is how do the guys on PS give me their points, based on which I get payed for the rake-back.

Can anyone help me understand the formula of the calculation for the PS points?
  • 5 replies
    • lekingofkings
      lekingofkings
      Bronze
      Hi!

I don't know the correation between FTP and strategy points. However here is my way to calculate RB:

I play 9 players cash game and calculate my RB as follows;

(FTP earned / 9 players)*0.27

this gives me $3 RB per 100 FTP earned. since there sometimes are fewer than 9 at the table I think I normally get like $3.30 per 100 FTP earned. (note that these are FTP earned not taking happy hour points in account)

If you play cash game this might be helpful

Best regards

/lekingofkings
    • felippe4u
      felippe4u
      Bronze
      Thanks for this answer it is a start.

I mostly play 6 max table HA at 10NL or 25NL and a good way to keep track of my FTP points is the Iron man challenge. I register to some small t'ments according to the BRM, but mostly I play ring games at 6 max.

I'll try calculate my rake using your formula and see how is my prediction for this week for the rake that I will receive.

Do you know if the t'ment/sng fee is counting for the PS points?
    • lekingofkings
      lekingofkings
      Bronze
      yeah, of course you'll earn PS points for participating in SNGs and tournaments and therefore receive some RB for that as well. (I guess you'll receive RB and PS points for everything that you play as long as you're contributing with rake. just keep in mind the possible reductions of RB if you receive bonus, withdraw money etc.)
      sorry, but I have no idea how much PS points or RB you'll earn playing tournaments or SNGs since I only play SSS at full tilt :)

/lekingofkings
    • riskate
      riskate
      Bronze
      felippe, please tell me this : you have an account on FullTilt through PS, and you entered PS150 code to get the 50$ starting capital, RIGHT ?
      are you getting rakeback ?
      or will you ?
    • felippe4u
      felippe4u
      Bronze
      Riskate,

I don't remeber the code I entered at full tilt, but yes, I registered through PS, I cleared in the first 7 days the additional 50$ bonus and now I'm getting 27% rake back.

Last week I get 40.24$ rake back, in addition to first 5$ from the Take 2 promotion. Now I get the rest of the 20$ for Take 2, and expect the rest of the rake on Friday.

:) :) rake-back rullz