Poker Room Reviews?

• kamojett
      kamojett
      Bronze
      Is there a place where poker rooms can be reviewed by members? I joined Pacific Poker to get my starting capital and it was a big mistake. I wanted to play SnGs but the sit n gos on Pacific start you out with 5 BBs to begin the tourney. So I can't use the strategy put forward here for SnG's. Plus the requirements to get the bonus and keep your $50 seem very steep. In two days I have collected less than 2 bonus points. To clear the bonus I need to get 102 bonus points per day.

So now I have to change to Fixed Limit or No Limit. Also there are a number of other things about Pacific Poker I don't care for. I guess I'm stuck now but it would be nice to help others out so they don't get jammed up like this too.
  • 8 replies
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Originally posted by kamojett
      Is there a place where poker rooms can be reviewed by members? I joined Pacific Poker to get my starting capital and it was a big mistake. I wanted to play SnGs but the sit n gos on Pacific start you out with 5 BBs to begin the tourney. So I can't use the strategy put forward here for SnG's. Plus the requirements to get the bonus and keep your $50 seem very steep. In two days I have collected less than 2 bonus points. To clear the bonus I need to get 102 bonus points per day.

So now I have to change to Fixed Limit or No Limit. Also there are a number of other things about Pacific Poker I don't care for. I guess I'm stuck now but it would be nice to help others out so they don't get jammed up like this too.
      karnojett

Theres lots of sites on the internet that do poker reviews of all the poker rooms. Just google the site your looking for. Don't really have a review section here on the forum. Yeah its hard to clear the pacific bonus. 5 bb's you must be playing one of those funky sit n gos on there. Not that many fl tables on there unfortunately. I would recommend starting at NL10 and playing sss and apply good brm.

Good luck.
    • kamojett
      kamojett
      Bronze
      OK thanks for the advice. I may have to try it. So far my experience with Pacific Poker is that I hate it. I don't think I'll be learning anything playing on this site. I'm tempted to say screw it and not bother playing on it at all.

All of the tournaments on Pacific suck! The blinds (3 mins) would be considered turbo on any other site. And as far as I can tell there are no tourneys with decent starting chips.

Note to PokerStrategy.com: Dump Pacific Poker. There's little point in people playing there if they don't like it. I for one will never deposit any money there.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kamojett
      OK thanks for the advice. I may have to try it. So far my experience with Pacific Poker is that I hate it. I don't think I'll be learning anything playing on this site. I'm tempted to say screw it and not bother playing on it at all.

All of the tournaments on Pacific suck! The blinds (3 mins) would be considered turbo on any other site. And as far as I can tell there are no tourneys with decent starting chips.

Note to PokerStrategy.com: Dump Pacific Poker. There's little point in people playing there if they don't like it. I for one will never deposit any money there.
      Hi kamojett,

I will have to look into the SNG situation as I have never really played SNGs there (I believe traffic is quite low). I just play cashgames there (NL) and despite the sometimes frustrating software its one of my favourite sites to play it. The players on Pacific are just so plain horribly bad that you won't find much fishier places in the internet.

I would recommend switching to No-Limit to clear the bonus and then if you still haven't grown to like it - moving your bankroll to another site. There are plenty of nice first deposit offers which you can use: The First Deposit Bonus Guide

Best regards and good luck with whatever you choose to do
      SoyCD
    • reggie123
      reggie123
      Silver
      You have to decided, are you a bonus **** or a poker player. Yes, there is
      little opportunity to open your bonus, but usualy there are lots of donkey- and superloose players.
      This means that the bonus you can not, however, you can win more on tables.
      In PokerStars is much more difficult to play, if you can, transfer your many to Everest, which should be best place to get bonus, there is lots of turnaments and players are not that good:)
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by reggie123
      You have to decided, are you a bonus **** or a poker player.
      I agree with this, but Pacific really is total crap. I wasted a ton of time one weekend four tabling with SSS and only had 4-5 Strategy Points to show for it. That is certainly not the road to success.

There isn't much choice except to deposit on another site and just forfeit the startup capital.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Originally posted by reggie123
      You have to decided, are you a bonus **** or a poker player.
      I agree with this, but Pacific really is total crap. I wasted a ton of time one weekend four tabling with SSS and only had 4-5 Strategy Points to show for it. That is certainly not the road to success.

There isn't much choice except to deposit on another site and just forfeit the startup capital.
      The difficulty of multi-tabling on Pacific is actually a problem for SSS I agree. I'm guessing the biggest problem is getting the BR to move to BSS for NL10+

You really won't find fishier sites than Pacific - and once you have the BR to play BSS there its kind of like printing money :)
    • martpilk
      martpilk
      Global
      I think the best way to start play poker with PokerStrategy.com strategies are pokerstars, titanpoker, partypoker also fulltitlpoker. Other rooms uses vrapy softvare (for me it seems crapy for you , i dont know :}}})
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      BTW There are forums for all of the PS.com partner sites too so getting feedback on the different rooms is always only a browse or post away.